New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

So, only for existing customers. Or people that decide to poke around late after they've signed up on the new plans. I'm talking availability as in, listed on the main plans page so people don't have to go looking.

The plans are still there. I can change my plan to an everything data family plan via the website.

Sent from my EVO LTE

It looks like you can change to the old plans only if you are already a customer. When shopping on the website, the old plans are not offered apparently. Maybe this is just maintenance.

You are correct. However I just tried to change my plan to a new plan (I currently have a 3000 minute family plan, these new plans may save me some money) and the website was horribly broken, I couldn't add the data options.

We may see the site change as the day goes on.

Sent from my EVO LTE

If the reps even talk about the older plans.

They are probably only available via phone/store now, so their reps can try and convince people to pick the new plans.

I understand why you'd feel that way. I just have a hard time grasping pessimism. Believing the worst even without evidence of it is hard for me.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, sadly, it does make it easier to pull up the Sprint web site this morning and see that the old everything plans are gone and the only options are the new my way plans.  Oh, well.

• Like 3

Thinking about it what I'd wish that what Sprint, or another wireless company, would do is flip the script.  They are all using unlimited minutes and text as a reason to raise the prices on the plans as a "value" proposition.  Even though a lot of us don't use that many minutes or texts. I would love a plan that started by offering you "unlimited" data for $50 per month and then you could add blocks of minutes and/or texts at $5 per hundred or something.  That would be an innovative pricing strategy.  Especially for smartphone customers.  

• Like 8

Kind of bummed that the Family Plans (Unlimited, MyWay) don't include that 5GB Mobile Hotspot without additional charges. That's such a killer bolt-on with the individual plans... If you'd like to add 2GB to a line, it's $20, 6GB is $50.

I wont be switching.  Monthly bill will go up by $10 and I would gain an unlimited amount of useless voice minutes.  If they were to roll out a lower priced plan that required you to pay a few cents per minute used I would  probably be all over that.

Using a custom PRL is not a violation. You still cannot access more than 300MB of roaming data. It does not matter the speed in which you get there. We've discussed this before. Please stop asking this question over and over again as if this is a back door to violate the rules. If you want to violate the rules and I give you a warning and you ignore it you may face disciplinary action. Again.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The 300MB roaming data is not a hard limit...  My son was away at a school that was just off network and his roaming data while on campus was often over 300MB by lots..  I finally got a letter from Sprint about it but he graduated from that prep school so no longer roams....    My daughter and her husband often go to a cabin in the woods of VT and can only get roaming there.... Also has no WIFI available so they often generate a lot when they spend time there...

Were you charged anything extra for going over the 300mb limit, or did they send you the letter first?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Guess I will have to stick with Ntelos. I was going to switch to Sprint in January, but if they do not offer me the everything plan for 4 phone, then i will not do it.  It would cost me at least $600.00 a year for the new plan they have out. I draw the line at 200.00 a month right now. Just can't afford any more.

Were you charged anything extra for going over the 300mb limit, or did they send you the letter first?

nope... just got a letter this past spring...  I had noticed it since he went away to this school in 2011...  it wasn't too bad at first but when he got an IPHONE, it went way up... He tended to hook into his school's WIFI often since the roaming data was too slow but them problem is that the school shut down the WIFI Network at night so these high school kids would go to bed..  he still streamed pandora after the phone switched back to the mobile service when the WIFI didn't work at night.... 

My guess is I may have had to do something but he graduated and is back home in network... We were a little concerned about where he'll be living next month over in Gainesville but he'll have WIFI and Sprint is adding a tower near Santa Fe College according to our fine maps here on s4gru!!!  so his service should be better...

Well, it's nice they try to warn you first before hitting you with massive roaming fees.

I to listen to Pandora at night from time to time. It usually adds around 200 to 300 mb of useage per night, so I am sure he went pretty far over the 300mb limit.

So, I called up Sprint and they confirmed employee discounts now apply to all lines but ONLY to the data portion as was previously posted. So some people will indeed see a bigger savings with the new setup (23% discount is roughly $7 off per line and 20% is $6). I'm still not switching until triband phones are out but if I was on Sprint (rather than Ting) these new plans would be a savings over the old ones for 2 lines.

If sprint ever did come to capped data would they be able to change my existing plan of unlimited? I hope they don't because unlimited data was one of the main reasons I switched to sprint. Plus, I think they really should keep it as one of their main selling points.

If sprint ever did come to capped data would they be able to change my existing plan of unlimited? I hope they don't because unlimited data was one of the main reasons I switched to sprint. Plus, I think they really should keep it as one of their main selling points.

They are keeping unlimited data, that's the whole point of the new plans.

• Like 1

They are keeping unlimited data, that's the whole point of the new plans.

it just seems odd to offer new plans that "guarantee unlimited" if they already do that? Hmmm

So, how does this affect old plans (over 5 years old). Back then, I don't think they had these limits on roaming (300mb data and 800 minutes or 1/3 total plan minutes). Will these new limits apply to us old plan users, or are those limits just for new plans?

Also, there may be a limit on my current plan, and I just don't know about it. If so, feel free to tell me.

So, how does this affect old plans (over 5 years old). Back then, I don't think they had these limits on roaming (300mb data and 800 minutes or 1/3 total plan minutes). Will these new limits apply to us old plan users, or are those limits just for new plans?

Also, there may be a limit on my current plan, and I just don't know about it. If so, feel free to tell me.

When I first got my plan under the roaming section for data it said unlimited now it says 'see terms I'm not sure if my terms are that it is still unlimited or not. I haven't run into a problem since but those contracts are long and difficult to read.

• Like 1

You don't get massive roaming fees, they first send a warning about excessive roaming or maybe two. After that if you don't lower your roaming or eliminate it they will drop your service and give you a period of time to port out your number.

Well, it's nice they try to warn you first before hitting you with massive roaming fees.

I to listen to Pandora at night from time to time. It usually adds around 200 to 300 mb of useage per night, so I am sure he went pretty far over the 300mb limit.

My guess is as long as you have the current generation of smartphones on your plan, you can hang on to the plan you have..  One problem in family plans is different contract dates for each line...   Also using other lines upgrades...  When my 20 month period comes up in September, can I upgrade the phone ( actually for another family member) and keep the existing plan???   That locks my line in for another 2 years...   same with other family members...

I know when Sprint came out with the 1500 minute family plan a number of years ago, I jumped all over it and when free mobile calling was added, it was like unlimited calling anyway...  

I don't roam often, so I'm not too worried. But, I do use a LOT of data (this month alone is over 3gb of useage already). So my fear is if I do roam, I will very quickly eat up the 300mb limit.

Also, is this 300mb limit per device or per plan. I'm on a family plan with 4 other devices, do all 5 devices share one 300mb limit, or does each device have it's own 300mb limit?

I'm not too worried about the minutes. I hardly use them.

They won't hit you with massive roaming fees, they don't charge for roaming. They can and will cancel your service, but only in rare cases where you are over their limit on average for three months. And that rule is not even hard and fast, I think they evaluate the overall value of your account and do a cost benefit analysis in making that choice.

• Like 1

I'd bet it's per line on family plans, but I wouldn't worry too much. The people that have been kicked because of excessive roaming deserved it, it's normally only in cases where there is both extreme roaming usage and a large time spent in roaming areas. Hitting over the roaming limit every once in a while won't be a big issue. The school I used to attend was a mainly stone/brick type constructed building, so once you walked into it most PCS signals from both T-Mo and Sprint were unusable. As a result I ended up on VZW 850 a lot and had quite a few months where I went over 300mb roaming and that was over a course of probably 2 1/2 years. Never got a letter or any mention. Unless your really pushing it they probably aren't going to take issue. 

I don't roam often, so I'm not too worried. But, I do use a LOT of data (this month alone is over 3gb of useage already). So my fear is if I do roam, I will very quickly eat up the 300mb limit.

Also, is this 300mb limit per device or per plan. I'm on a family plan with 4 other devices, do all 5 devices share one 300mb limit, or does each device have it's own 300mb limit?

I'm not too worried about the minutes. I hardly use them.