Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

Just did a check on my area and the 4g coverage is spotty. One this i noticed is the 4g covers basically the whole expressway.

Do carriers focus on major highways for coverage? I assume for better navigation connection.

Major highways usually have good coverage, but the reason it is so pronounced on Sensorly is because that's where the most users of the app are traveling. You might be the only person who maps your neighborhood, but a lot more people are traveling through town on the big road.

-Mike

I hate sensorly just for the fact they won't release an API for jail broken iPhones to map to sensorly. I would love to contribute to the community but I can't and my town doesn't hVe anything mapped yet:(:( please sensorly make a jail broken api

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I am annoyed too at the fact iPhone users cannot map. Root metrics is able to log the speed and signal strength from iPhone users.

Sensorly must require an additional API that Apple has not opened to the developers. Don't get me wrong , I enjoy the iphone, but I really wish they would release and open more APIs to the developers. Swype for instance would be great too.

In the mean time , we have hope the android guys are out as often as they can to map the areas.

• Like 1

I hate sensorly just for the fact they won't release an API for jail broken iPhones to map to sensorly. I would love to contribute to the community but I can't and my town doesn't hVe anything mapped yet:(:( please sensorly make a jail broken api

The problem is not with Sensorly, but with Apple holding a tight grip over access to the radio info that would allow an app like Sensorly to work properly. Don't blame the developers, rather, blame Apple. Dealing with a closed system is one of the downfalls of using an iOS device, unfortunately.

• Like 4

The problem is not with Sensorly, but with Apple holding a tight grip over access to the radio info that would allow an app like Sensorly to work properly. Don't blame the developers, rather, blame Apple. Dealing with a closed system is one of the downfalls of using an iOS device, unfortunately.

I just think they should realize something in cydia for the people who are jailbroken and have an open idevice.

Yea I am annoyed too at the fact iPhone users cannot map. Root metrics is able to log the speed and signal strength from iPhone users.

Sensorly must require an additional API that Apple has not opened to the developers. Don't get me wrong , I enjoy the iphone, but I really wish they would release and open more APIs to the developers. Swype for instance would be great too.

In the mean time , we have hope the android guys are out as often as they can to map the areas.

i agree I'm always mapping with root metrics because they allow it

i agree I'm always mapping with root metrics because they allow it

Not much mapping going on with that app.

I can understand as a dev why they haven't done an app for jailbreak phones. It just makes a mess real quick with credibility of data and cuts down on who can use it.

• Like 1

Not much mapping going on with that app.

I can understand as a dev why they haven't done an app for jailbreak phones. It just makes a mess real quick with credibility of data and cuts down on who can use it.

i agree with you 100% but why not make on for jailbroken phones who want to use this mapping feature. There is so much I can map on sensorly but I can't because of restriction. I just think they should make in for jb phones.

i agree with you 100% but why not make on for jailbroken phones who want to use this mapping feature. There is so much I can map on sensorly but I can't because of restriction. I just think they should make in for jb phones.

Everyone has been using Sensorly for LTE mapping for what a year and half now on Sprint? The same discussion has been going on time and time about the closed ecosystem of Apple. If you want to map pick up a Android phone and use it. You can get the top of the line Android Nexus5 from Google for a steal. Then you can even map out Tmobile, AT&T, and Sprint just by swapping the SIM out.

• Like 4

Everyone has been using Sensorly for LTE mapping for what a year and half now on Sprint? The same discussion has been going on time and time about the closed ecosystem of Apple. If you want to map pick up a Android phone and use it. You can get the top of the line Android Nexus5 from Google for a steal. Then you can even map out Tmobile, AT&T, and Sprint just by swapping the SIM out.

I so love talking and getting help thanks. I'm more of iphone I had android and I dislike the os very much. But you might have me for 350 do I just purchase it from the play store and it will come unlocked and it can used band 41 and 26 right

Sensorly would probably run the risk of having their existing app removed from the App Store if they release a separate version for jailbroken devices. An app like that violates Apple's developer TOS, and they rule their store with a notoriously iron fist. It is a very different environment than Google Play.

-Mike

• Like 1

Then they should just release the API only to me so I can map hehehe lol

I went out and bought the Nexus 5 so I can contribute to Sensorly. Problem solved.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Can iPhones mark sensorly speedtests?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm looking into that right now. I'll let you know as soon as I have the answer.

Update: Yes, they can contribute to Sensorly speed tests.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but i got LTE service in Axtel, Ohio the other day. Didn't have sensorly installed after updating ROM, but it was from Route 2, up to Mason Road i believe (maybe further up to around 113). Solid speeds, good latency calls worked, etc.

Next time I am out that way, i will try to remember to map it out.

Just thought it was weird that it was in Axtel, seeing as its quite a small town, unpopulated area.

Edited by yarmock

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but i got LTE service in Axtel, Ohio the other day. Didn't have sensorly installed after updating ROM, but it was from Route 2, up to Mason Road i believe (maybe further up to around 113). Solid speeds, good latency calls worked, etc.

Just thought it was weird that it was in Axtel, seeing as its quite a small town, unpopulated area.

That is between the 2 and the 80 turnpike.

Small/rural is very subjective, I have noticed on here that a lot of people think anything smaller than New York City is rural and NYC is the centre of the universe.

Small/rural is very subjective, I have noticed on here that a lot of people think anything smaller than New York City is rural and NYC is the centre of the universe.

Well its pretty much farmland. And has a population of just over 1000. But I agree with you for what others may have said.

From my drive from Sandusky to the Route 60 exit, i didnt have LTE outside of Sandusky. So I found it odd that it existed here, but nowhere else from what I could see.

Ill try to head up to that area this weekend and scope out LTE.

Could it be from a tower on the turnpike?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Could it be from a tower on the turnpike?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I don't think so, since as I headed south towards 113 the signal went out.

Not really that many roads to drive down in that area to test, but I will try to get a better sample this weekend.

I'm used to the market classifications of primary, secondary, tertiary and rural.  They breakdown accordingly in my own personal index:

• Primary is a metro of more than 1 Million People (The Top 100 markets is pretty close to this)
  • Secondary is 250,000 to 1 Million  (The Top 250 markets roughly equates to this)
  • Tertiary is 50,000 to 250,000
  • Rural is anything under 50,000

I use the same with cell providers.  Rural is any community under 50,000 people and the areas in between communities.  Remember, these are serving market sizes, not populations within the City Limits.  As an example, Walla Walla has a municipal population of 31,000, but a market population of 61,000.  Walla Walla would be a Tertiary market and not rural

However, Port Angeles has a municipal and market population under 50,000.  So it is a rural market.  However, every company uses slightly different metrics.

Robert

• Like 5