Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

The speed test worked, but way off what I normally see if I run one on my home wifi.

I don't ever use the speed test function. The servers they use are not local and almost always show much slower speed than I'm actually getting.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't ever use the speed test function. The servers they use are not local and almost always show much slower speed than I'm actually getting.

I don't regularly use there speed test, but I wanted to see if I could get any part of Sensorly to work. The last time I tried one (with the old version) it was still slower than what it should be, but no where as near as slow as this one reported.

I am wondering if it will even map for me. I had planned on spending at least a half day tomorrow mapping and photographing, but this upgrade just sucked a lot of that enthusiasm out...

I don't regularly use there speed test, but I wanted to see if I could get any part of Sensorly to work. The last time I tried one (with the old version) it was still slower than what it should be, but no where as near as slow as this one reported.

I am wondering if it will even map for me. I had planned on spending at least a half day tomorrow mapping and photographing, but this upgrade just sucked a lot of that enthusiasm out...

Works fine for me on my ONE. Maybe uninstall and install again?

Just reinstall the old version, it is linked earlier in this thread..

-Mike

It's still crap. Kind of.

Want to expand on that? I think since the latest revisions they've done a pretty good job of correcting most of the things I had issues with. There's a couple tweaks I'd like to see, but otherwise it seems like a perfectly good app now.

Want to expand on that? I think since the latest revisions they've done a pretty good job of correcting most of the things I had issues with. There's a couple tweaks I'd like to see, but otherwise it seems like a perfectly good app now.

Just my opinion. Still loads really slow. The old one I think was more user friendly when you are driving. Shhhhh, I know.

Just my opinion. Still loads really slow. The old one I think was more user friendly when you are driving. Shhhhh, I know.

I think it's much easier to start mapping a trip with this version. Nice big button on the screen rather than having to find the little menu button at the bottom of the screen like before.

I do missing have the point counts on the map while mapping, but the maps loads very quickly for me, so no issues there. Some of the comparison tools that are new are pretty neat.

I say all of this, but now it appears they've broken something with this latest release >_<

• Like 1

I searched but could not find an answer. Do we know yet how Sensorly will treat Band 41 signals?

I was talking about it with them and also about getting a 224xx SID map as well but the new release and re-new release kinda took over the show.

Hard to do though without any phones being able to pick them up yet.

Two things I still miss with the current version: 1) data point collection counter on the mapping map.  2) Satellite view.  I hope that both of those make it back in.

I was talking about it with them and also about getting a 224xx SID map as well but the new release and re-new release kinda took over the show.

I don't know if they could do it, but I think it would be really cool if there was a way for a "show my device coverage" map.  They would take the device the app is running on, know what bands it supports and then show a voice coverage map or a data coverage map for the bands it supports.  If the device is unknown (in their database), they  would drop back to the current style maps.  For most normal people that is what they want to see.....What the coverage is for their current device.  (If they could let you choose your carrier and device for comparison purposes, they would get major bonus points!)  People don't care or understand PCS voice, SMR voice, CDMA 1xRTT, 850 CDMA, 1900 LTE, 800 LTE, 2500 LTE, Band 25, Band 1, Band 41, etc.  They know they have a iPhone 5c, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Nexxus 5, some flip phone or slider and want to see its coverage.

I know for most of us this suggestion still wouldn't be perfect as different phones have different RF properties, but it would get us pretty close.

My idea is pretty far out of this world as the data required to make it work, number of devices to track, and other stuff make it almost impossible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...