Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

So how accurate is this map on the main page anyways? As it would seem I should be able to get it easily just don't have the money for the phone at the moment. But I just wanted to make sure before buying a phone.

In the dark purple zones, very accurate. For now. Once the new bands come into play who knows how that will be handled. But once that happens things might get a little skewed depending on which phone you get (single vs tri band) and what market you are in. But as of right now you can trust me he dark purple.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well I am hoping to get a LG Optimus F3 at some point. And since it is dark purple on 74 in front of my house I can only assume that I should get coverage. Just the only thing I am worried about is virgin mobiles throttling if it applies to 4g. I read all over the place for there tos and couldn't find much of anything about their 4G LTE.

I know I put down a good amount of purple in St Augustine. I also blanketed the area with lots of 22-33 mbps speed tests. Might as well show off what Sprint is about here in Florida.

• Like 1

Sensorly crashes very often on my N5.

Just a shot in the dark here.. did you turn on ART, or are you still using the dalvik compiler? Some apps have issues with ART, maybe Sensorly is one of them. That could explain why some users have issues but others don't.

-Mike

Just a shot in the dark here.. did you turn on ART, or are you still using the dalvik compiler? Some apps have issues with ART, maybe Sensorly is one of them. That could explain why some users have issues but others don't.

-Mike

I did turn on ART and am having no issues...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am having trouble with gps getting a lock. Sometimes it will still collect data even with blinking gps. If I toggle gps it will lock and sometimes it will stay locked after I close the app. After sensorly is closed with gps locked if I start sensorly again gps icon will disappear and sensorly won't collect data. Again toggling gps will fix the issue and start collecting data point.

I am having trouble with gps getting a lock. Sometimes it will still collect data even with blinking gps. If I toggle gps it will lock and sometimes it will stay locked after I close the app. After sensorly is closed with gps locked if I start sensorly again gps icon will disappear and sensorly won't collect data. Again toggling gps will fix the issue and start collecting data point.

Is it possible that's a phone issue instead of a sensorly issue?  My S4 started like that for the first month but I think a subsequent update fixed it.  A lot of the random stray dots in SW Michigan (and Lake Michigan) were from me before the fix. 

Is it possible that's a phone issue instead of a sensorly issue?  My S4 started like that for the first month but I think a subsequent update fixed it.  A lot of the random stray dots in SW Michigan (and Lake Michigan) were from me before the fix.

I get a fast lock on both google maps and the old sensorly. The mapping I do get done is smooth I just have to watch that it is collecting data points on the map trip screen. If its not adding points I just have to toggle gps then it records a smooth line. It was more of a warning to those who could not get it to work it may be gps.

Sensorly data is not being populated for the Virgin Islands market.  Data points show up for Puerto Rico but nothing for the Virgin Islands.

Sensorly data is not being populated for the Virgin Islands market. Data points show up for Puerto Rico but nothing for the Virgin Islands.

Yes, this is frustrating!!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Is sensorly able to map band 26 and band 41 LTE yet? If not, are they going to be on the same map or a different map?

Probably on the same map for now. Has anyone mapped out new B41 in an area yet to see if it shows up?

Contact the Sensorly support folks and explain your request. I think they could break out the maps by the MCC MNC but we would need to do the groundwork for them and let them know which IDs are for what. I hate to bombard their email box but if they hear from enough of us I think it would get done.

I'd rather that they break out roaming vs non-roaming before breaking out the frequencies companies use.

I agree, but I think for LTE it would do it anyway.. if you were roaming, the MCC-MNC should change, and I believe that is what they use to determine which carrier the data is associated with.

I'm still not 100% convinced that Sprint is segregating each LTE band on its own MCC-MNC. It looks likely, but there are some known exceptions to this rule on accepted B25 sites in Tennessee, and Sprint has been hesitant to confirm the relationship between MCC-MNC and LTE band with me.

-Mike

I hope Jacksonville gets a "spark" of love soon. I was playing around in Sensorly and noticed that Verizon has quite a few 50+ mbps speed test results in the area. Can't let that sit unchallenged for long..

It will possibly be best for you to use the actual maps on the boost site given your specific needs.

The thing is that I am trying to use the maps to scope Sprint's coverage and I think these Maps are great. However, I just used them to help someone map a phone on a Sprint Service plan and I am feeling that these maps are providing false expectations, and have to double check the real provider coverage on the actual Sprint corporate maps (Same maps the Boost site links to, FYI). If I wanted to see Verizon's, ATT, or whoever else's coverage, then I would goto a coverage map for the said provider. I believe Sensorly should not be mapping on ROAM.

The phone on a Sprint Service plan will obviusly work on ROAM, but looking at the sensory map could inproperly set expectations that Sprint coverage will be obtained in a ROAMing area. Obviously, if the ROAMing area in question is where the phone will primarily be used, Sprint will be looking to break-up/dump, as using the phone in ROAM should not be in excess amounts.

Edited by SpecialEdVTEC
  • Like 1

The thing is that I am trying to use the maps to scope Sprint's coverage and I think these Maps are great. However, I just used them to help someone map a phone on a Sprint Service plan and I am feeling that these maps are providing false expectations, and have to double check the real provider coverage on the actual Sprint corporate maps (Same maps the Boost site links to, FYI). If I wanted to see Verizon's, ATT, or whoever else's coverage, then I would goto a coverage map for the said provider. I believe Sensorly should not be mapping on ROAM.

The phone on a Sprint Service plan will obviusly work on ROAM, but looking at the sensory map could inproperly set expectations that Sprint coverage will be obtained in a ROAMing area. Obviously, if the ROAMing area in question is where the phone will primarily be used, Sprint will be looking to break-up/dump, as using the phone in ROAM should not be in excess amounts.

Sprint's coverage maps also include the roaming coverage, as well. Just figured you should know so that you don't check Sprint and get any false expectation from there, either.