Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

The scheduled/completed work on Sprint's maps at network.sprint.com are not related to the NV rollout. They are band-aid fixes to the legacy network until NV comes along. So, if you've seen upgrades there you should not assume that NV has started on those towers.

I'm in the outer parts of the market in St. John Parish. If I get a day off this weekend I will ride around and check the towers in La Place, Reserve, and Edgard. I've seen they have been worked on and scheduled for more work on Sprint's network map. Would love to see proof that they are indeed in the process of upgrading. Is it true that they sometimes start work in the suburban and rural areas for the purpose of testing?

They are doing upgrades for NV wherever the backhaul is ready to rock at.

• Like 1

This is good' date=' considering Ericcson has already finished installing the backhaul at many sites in Jax, FL.[/quote']

Ericsson doesn't install backhaul at sites. The backhaul vendor does.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Any idea when the list is going to be updated? What percent complete are we at for Boston? these last 2 updates should have put that % up higher

Updating percentages, launch guesstimates and production rate is on my to do list today.

• Like 6

I am trying to think of an easy way to highlight changes in the running list. It would have to be easy and not get in the way.

Maybe underline or italic the text that's changed for the latest update. Next update select all and un-underline or un-italic everything before you start making changes.

The bottom where the update message is could say something like "Updated <date> latest update changes are in italics.

or something along those lines.

Just a suggestion.

I am trying to think of an easy way to highlight changes in the running list. It would have to be easy and not get in the way.

Maybe underline or italic the text that's changed for the latest update. Next update select all and un-underline or un-italic everything before you start making changes.

The bottom where the update message is could say something like "Updated <date> latest update changes are in italics.

or something along those lines.

Just a suggestion.

I appreciate that you are thinking about it. However, I am just providing information. If you want to track it yourself, you are more than welcome. You can print it out, you can copy and paste it, whatever you would like to do is fine with me. However, as it is, the work involved with the NV Sites Complete updates and the NV Deployment Running List are already a lot of work for me. So I'm not looking for additional work at this time.

But I do appreciate the suggestion.

Robert

I understand the enhancement maps on Sprints website are representative of Sprints 3G upgrade efforts and apologies if this has already been asked / answered, but does a completed or planned "data speed upgrade" correlate to a backhaul update?

Thanks and regards.

Geez, what happened to Houston's deployment? Going to be way behind.

I wouldnt panic yet. The completion estimate date is only if it continues at the same pace, but it will likely increase a lot over time

I understand the enhancement maps on Sprints website are representative of Sprints 3G upgrade efforts and apologies if this has already been asked / answered' date=' but does a completed or planned "data speed upgrade" correlate to a backhaul update?

Thanks and regards.[/quote']

The network.sprint.com website shows maintenance upgrades performed by their network management contractor. It is unrelated to Network Vision. They are not necessarily related to just 3G alone, as they also show voice upgrades.

A voice capacity upgrade is an additional voice carrier. A data capacity upgrade is an additional 3G EVDO data carrier. A speed upgrade is an additional T1 backhaul line (and in some rare instances, it may be AAV).

But I do appreciate the suggestion.

Robert

After looking at it again I bet almost everything changes every month.

I appreciate the all work. Really I think what would be best for me is to stop following the rollout till next year. It just drives me nuts.

Ack this isn't the suggestion thread... ooops.

I'll bee back in January. Keep up the good work. I've started to obsess with when LTE will get here. Time to stop that.

I called customer care today to report very slow data speeds in my area ( Greenville sc ) I have done this on many occasions when it seem to be running slower than normal, especially having a full signal and near a tower. I do this just for Sprint can be aware of this problem not a pain in there ass. The rep/ manager I spoke with told me that by the end of November I want be have this problem anymore because my area is being updated with NV and LTE. I questioned him if his info was true in a very nice way he respectfully gave me some number that I could revert back to about our convention to ensure he was being truthful about NV and LTE by the end of November. I'm i getting my hopes up for nothing. Or is there truth to this floating around. I know Robert had thought Sc markets would be early 2013. Has Sprint changed there path on there roll outs?

Question about the running list. I see west Michigan now has black text along with a few others on the list but can't find. Any explanation. Does this indicate a change is status?

I called customer care today to report very slow data speeds in my area ( Greenville sc ) I have done this on many occasions when it seem to be running slower than normal' date=' especially having a full signal and near a tower. I do this just for Sprint can be aware of this problem not a pain in there ass. The rep/ manager I spoke with told me that by the end of November I want be have this problem anymore because my area is being updated with NV and LTE. I questioned him if his info was true in a very nice way he respectfully gave me some number that I could revert back to about our convention to ensure he was being truthful about NV and LTE by the end of November. I'm i getting my hopes up for nothing. Or is there truth to this floating around. I know Robert had thought Sc markets would be early 2013. Has Sprint changed there path on there roll outs?[/quote']

I am not mistaken. The info you received is inaccurate. It doesn't even jive with Sprint's official announcement where they listed all the cities that they expect to have launch able service before the end of the year. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-321-sprint-marketing-releases-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way/

But not surprisingly, Sprint's list does jive with info that we have been publishing since early 2012. Coincidence? No, obviously not.

I will also tell you this, CSR's do not have access to future NV/LTE market info. If one tells you they know something, don't believe it. If they have access to Glance, it will tell them sites that have been converted to date, and it will tell them about outtages, tickets filed, and maintenance upgrades. It does not say NV will hit Site X on such and such date in the future. They can determine if a market is an active Network Vision market. But they do not know which ones will become active two months from now or six months from now.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Question about the running list. I see west Michigan now has black text along with a few others on the list but can't find. Any explanation. Does this indicate a change is status?

No. Just some HTML was corrupted in the last update. I need to fix it.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• 2 weeks later...
Concerning the Ft. Wayne/South Bend market' date=' is it being bumped up to an earlier completion date? Sprint just released a press release saying the 4G LTE deployment is underway in virtually every major city in the Ft. Wayne/South Bend market.

Yes, the market was supposed to start at the end of Fall. It is ahead of schedule by approximately two months. The first market ahead of schedule.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Yes, the market was supposed to start at the end of Fall. It is ahead of schedule by approximately two months. The first market ahead of schedule.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

So it is, tentatively, going to finish in February 2012? Regardless of when it finishes, virtually every cell tower will have 4G LTE service when the market deployment is complete, correct?

• 2 weeks later...

Robert, do you think Sprint is going to get on Ericsson's case in terms of schedule? Ericsson appears to be falling behind a bit.

Where are they falling behind? Because if you say Florida, that was Sprint who called them off because of bird nesting issues.

In most cases, where the OEM's have fallen behind is not because of their problems. Like backhaul. Backhaul is supplied by Sprint through different contracts. If backhaul is not in place on time and the OEM/subcontractors cannot begin work, that is not their fault.

Robert

• Like 2

Where are they falling behind? Because if you say Florida, that was Sprint who called them off because of bird nesting issues.

In most cases, where the OEM's have fallen behind is not because of their problems. Like backhaul. Backhaul is supplied by Sprint through different contracts. If backhaul is not in place on time and the OEM/subcontractors cannot begin work, that is not their fault.

Robert

Those Ospreys really messed things up here in Florida. ;(

• Like 1