Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

Awesome...my house in Brighton (between highland, winton, and monroe) hopefully soon will be similar.

Hoping they are some of the next towers on their list as well.  It's great to get this connection at home finally, but not noticing LTE active in many other areas around me.

My connection in west henrietta has been sporadic for the past 2 weeks.  At one point I went from full service to roaming.  Not sure what's going on but I imagine i'm connected to a tower that will LTE active shortly 

Hoping they are some of the next towers on their list as well.  It's great to get this connection at home finally, but not noticing LTE active in many other areas around me.

My connection in west henrietta has been sporadic for the past 2 weeks.  At one point I went from full service to roaming.  Not sure what's going on but I imagine i'm connected to a tower that will LTE active shortly 

Same here for Canandigua they got HALF of the city 4G LTE and the rest 3G NV especially for canandigua being a small city so to speak it switches between the two towers a lot, and I am not the only one that has noticed that, mainly because the tower downtown by the lake doesn't cover as much as the one uptown on the hill.  The tower Downtown is 4G LTE and the uptown tower still awaiting back haul... Kinda sucks, but I hope its soon that way its consistent coverage.  Its like why leave HALF of the city half this half that.. lol  

Progress is good though!!!  :)

• Like 1

Just received the generic text

"Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area.."

However, after looking through other posts it seems like some people received this a few months ago in their area and still aren't seeing many changes today.  Anyone else receive this one today, or recently? 

"Over the next month[/size] the [/size]new[/size] network will be largely completed in your area.."

However, after looking through other posts it seems like some people received this a few months ago in their area and still aren't seeing many changes today.  Anyone else receive this one today, or recently? [/size]

I received this text almost a week ago

"Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area.."

However, after looking through other posts it seems like some people received this a few months ago in their area and still aren't seeing many changes today.  Anyone else receive this one today, or recently? 

I received this text almost a week ago

Yes......I find it hard to beleive the 4g network will be finished..no 4g not even at mcc or rit......hard to beleive....come on sprint

It's not. It is only to keep people from switching carriers. 

" largely completed in your area.."

"largely completed" does not mean 100% complete. Verbiage people. Look we have 100% NV upgraded towers and I'm guessing somewhere in the 25-30% range for LTE upgraded (we'll have to wait for Robert's next deployment update to confirm). As a percentage of the whole that's like 65% complete. Maybe in the next month that'll move up to 75-80%. Just from an english language point of view, that text is wholey truthful.

Or maybe I'm a glass is half full kind of guy

• Like 1

I meant to post yesterday... "27 LTE accepted towers in the Rochester market". As always, this is just something I heard around the water cooler. Personally, I believe it when the S4GRU acceptance reports tell me I can.

EDIT- Glancing at the map I suppose we already have 20+ accepted LTE sites in the market so it's actually not news. Unless they meant NEW. 

• Like 2

I noticed on sensorly some LTE coverage showing at the intersection between routes 5/20 and 390. I think there is a tower over there going a little bit towards Lima. I know not many people here are active so far south but does anyone know anything about work down there?

I'm in the Honeoye Falls area most of the time and any hints of progress in the general area make me excited!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

the list i saw showed a dozen or more lte upgrades this month in buffalo, biut only 3 upgrades on 3 g in rochester. At&t did buffalo long before rochester, while verizon did the opposite.

Every carrier has a different roll out schedule by market... Sprint needs back haul in order to operate LTE correctly...   (For example AT&T did Buffalo first before Rochester/Syracuse). I personally think 3G on Sprint on the 3G NV upgraded does just fine for my streaming music, streaming videos (I don't care about HD on my phone thats what my TV at home is for or the laptop, and everything I do on a day to say basis.  Yes LTE is nice and noticeably faster, but its not a necessity per say.   

Wowwww I want it im paying for it with my 4g lte phone.im almost thinking t mobile at this point.pretty sad

Only a little while longer dude. I was in your same boat only a couple months ago. Especially when NV is only half complete, I felt like it was worse than when NV was 0 percent complete as everything just worked better. I live in the OC and never got WIMAX, won't get 800 LTE for the foreseeable future, no immediate plans for 2500, and even with all the towers around my town/house marked as 4g, I barely received it anywhere in my city and definitely not near my home.

All it took for me was one far away Highway tower which changed the experience in the whole town. Once NV fills in, the subpar performance on the current LTE towers goes up and you have a much more consistent experience. I can tell that Sprint has picked up their deployment schedule so the text likely wasn't too far off.

• Like 2

Every carrier has a different roll out schedule by market... Sprint needs back haul in order to operate LTE correctly...   (For example AT&T did Buffalo first before Rochester/Syracuse). I personally think 3G on Sprint on the 3G NV upgraded does just fine for my streaming music, streaming videos (I don't care about HD on my phone thats what my TV at home is for or the laptop, and everything I do on a day to say basis.  Yes LTE is nice and noticeably faster, but its not a necessity per say.   

I agree with this really, most of the tasks that can be done on a phone can be accomplished fine with just average speed 3G from 1 to 2 megabits/sec. However, for me especially, I tend to use my phone for tethering (paid for and metered of course), and the biggest thing LTE would bring for me is lower pings. I use Sprint 3G at my job for gaming (always-online things like Diablo 3) when things get really slow and it tends to work alright but the pings on 3G are much less consistent and in general much higher than on 4G LTE which makes things a bit hairy sometimes.

All of my personal use case aside, it will be nice anyway to have the network technology that these amazing devices are capable of using built out anyway simply because as johnd said, we are paying for it.

• Like 1

No lte in victor yet, but the 3g experience has been vastly improved . I have a strong signal almost everywhere I go. Just a month ago my phone was worthless inside my place of work. Now I get 3 bars of signal strength on average. I stream spotify for a few hours each day on my mail route. There used to be spots where I would lose my data connection completely. Those spots are nonexistent now. I can say without a doubt the coverage is greatly improved.

Please turn on the lte in victor soon :)

• Like 1

12 LTE acceptances in the Rochester market posted today.  That's pretty spiffy!

Not to be confused with "nifty shit," which is of a decidedly different, more red color that may indicate a gastrointestinal disorder.

AJ

• Like 2