HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

So i took my phone into sprint because of the problems with the 3G and all they really did was put the network mode to CDMA Only and it works just like it did when i got it. I played around with it for a few hours and it never lost the connection. I noticed that the Mobile network type switched to CDMA - EvDo rev. A.

So just to see if it worked i switched it back to LTE/CDMA mode and it started doing the upload only and not connect until it dropped the 3G and reconnected, still that only worked for 10 min before it broke again. So my phone cant use 3G on a CDMA - eHRPD network type. This happened not only in Tucson, AZ but in Eugene, OR so its  not just Tucson..

Guess i  will just bring it back to them tomorrow and see if they will actually fix it this time.

EDIT - Also it looks like the 3G works on the 1xRTT network type.

So i took my phone into sprint because of the problems with the 3G and all they really did was put the network mode to CDMA Only and it works just like it did when i got it. I played around with it for a few hours and it never lost the connection. I noticed that the Mobile network type switched to CDMA - EvDo rev. A.

So just to see if it worked i switched it back to LTE/CDMA mode and it started doing the upload only and not connect until it dropped the 3G and reconnected, still that only worked for 10 min before it broke again. So my phone cant use 3G on a CDMA - eHRPD network type. This happened not only in Tucson, AZ but in Eugene, OR so its  not just Tucson..

Guess i  will just bring it back to them tomorrow and see if they will actually fix it this time.

EDIT - Also it looks like the 3G works on the 1xRTT network type.

The phone will still display 3g even when on 1xrtt only, so at that moment even though  your phone says 3g you are not connected to evdo.  I can't recall how it is on other devices but its been that way for the one, evolte, and evo 3d.  If you're rooted you can flash custom mods that will address that issue.

This isn't great news. I hope it doesn't drastically affect the company. I would hate to see HTC fail :(

-Luis

• Like 1

Ok so the Voicemail app has persistently, over the past three days, been telling that a new update is available and that it's ad supported. I don't want the update, and I try dismissing the notification but it comes back every single hour. How do I get rid of the notification?

-Luis

The phone will still display 3g even when on 1xrtt only, so at that moment even though  your phone says 3g you are not connected to evdo.  I can't recall how it is on other devices but its been that way for the one, evolte, and evo 3d.  If you're rooted you can flash custom mods that will address that issue.

My HTC One displays "1X" when it is on a 1x network type.  This is with the stock ROM, so I think your statement might not apply to the HTC One.

The phone will still display 3g even when on 1xrtt only, so at that moment even though your phone says 3g you are not connected to evdo. I can't recall how it is on other devices but its been that way for the one, evolte, and evo 3d. If you're rooted you can flash custom mods that will address that issue.

My HTC One displays "1X" when it is on a 1x network type. This is with the stock ROM, so I think your statement might not apply to the HTC One.

Really? That's a first for Sprint to allow such a thing! I'd like to see a screenshot please.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I have never rooted as i do not know how or what im getting into if i do. Im just going to do a  full reset of the phone.

I think the Verge article is premature at best. Sometimes when there is a changing of the guard it works out for the best. It all depends on the homegrown talent and what the new vision is. I also think that Peters decision to go ahead with the One despite the supply issues was the only right choice to make. They really needed to beat Samsung to market  in an attempt to steal sales or at least prohibit the loss of their own sales to Samsung.b The last point is that HTC does not presently need to beat Samsung. They merely need to hold their own. Focusing on being the biggest versus the best is what got General Motors into trouble. HTC should focus on being the best and let marketing do its job. The sales will come on their own.

Really? That's a first for Sprint to allow such a thing! I'd like to see a screenshot please.

I have the evo 4g lte and in rural areas it does that. With signalcheck it showed 1xRTT but in the top status bar showed 3g.

Sure, I had this last time I went up to Gate City.  I will try to grab a screenshot next time I am up there.

• Like 1

Alright i factory reset the phone and it still wont connect through eHRPD.. So i get to use my new HTC One on wifi or 1xRTT.. This is getting old fast. Can anyone shed some light on what might be the problem? Is the phone or radio bad?

Alright i factory reset the phone and it still wont connect through eHRPD.. So i get to use my new HTC One on wifi or 1xRTT.. This is getting old fast. Can anyone shed some light on what might be the problem? Is the phone or radio bad?

How long have you had it? I would try to exchange it. If you are outside the exchange policy go through customer service and let them know you have taken it in. Sounds like a radio issue.

How long have you had it? I would try to exchange it. If you are outside the exchange policy go through customer service and let them know you have taken it in. Sounds like a radio issue.

Only a few weeks, and the problem started happening about a week and a half ago. I will bring it into sprint tomorrow, its just weird.

Only a few weeks, and the problem started happening about a week and a half ago. I will bring it into sprint tomorrow, its just weird.

I hate to sound like a typical sprint rep but maybe it really is network vision related.  When NV was in full swing in atlanta my evo and gnex at the time were going haywire.  Service on both devices were horrendous, data went from insanely slow to virtually non existent, drop calls increased and I was definitely not happy but I toughed it out until I started reaping the benefits of the newly upgraded equipment. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's just him.  I've been having issues with my ONE not getting emails or calls.  the gf on the other hand has the gs4 and hasn't had a signal issue to date.  Actualy, hers outperforms mine in almost every catagory.  I love the phone but the service issues are really becoming bothersome.  I didn't get any signal again until i got home, where i have an airave.  I've also had it resend a message to me 9+ times and hours or days later.

I don't think it's just him.  I've been having issues with my ONE not getting emails or calls.  the gf on the other hand has the gs4 and hasn't had a signal issue to date.  Actualy, hers outperforms mine in almost every catagory.  I love the phone but the service issues are really becoming bothersome.  I didn't get any signal again until i got home, where i have an airave.  I've also had it resend a message to me 9+ times and hours or days later.

I would get on the line with tech support. FWIW in my experience most data issues are profile related. Maybe that extends to emails and calls also.

To this date I have still had zero issues with my one, and I live in an area that hasn't been touched by NV, so the network is still in poor shape. Yet I have no problems getting calls, or emails, any time of day. Streaming video, well, that's a different story. But that's not my phones fault. In KC, no problems connecting to and holding on to LTE either.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1

Minor complaint, the display is set up so that when viewing it through a polarized lens (sunglasses) in landscape mode, it almost disappears.

just curious, what color HTC one's do you guys have? I believe the hand grip issue is a little bit better on the black versus the white model.

just curious, what color HTC one's do you guys have? I believe the hand grip issue is a little bit better on the black versus the white model.

I have the black one, but it doesn't seem to be a grip issue.  I just don't get text/calls in some areas.

I have the silver one. Im going to be bringing it into sprint tomorrow and see if they will just test the radio and the system.