HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I don't think it's just him.  I've been having issues with my ONE not getting emails or calls.  the gf on the other hand has the gs4 and hasn't had a signal issue to date.  Actualy, hers outperforms mine in almost every catagory.  I love the phone but the service issues are really becoming bothersome.  I didn't get any signal again until i got home, where i have an airave.  I've also had it resend a message to me 9+ times and hours or days later.

Well maybe you have a defective unit, who knows but there will always be that small percentage of users that will have issues regardless of what type of phone it is.  I bought a One and Gs4(both on release day) and both performed the same when it came to real world rf performance.  I ended up returning the gs4 because of how it stuttered when using the device and this is with all the added features turned off.  I may just end up getting a used note 2 which is still a better device than the gs4 anyway or just waiting for the note 3.  

To this date I have still had zero issues with my one, and I live in an area that hasn't been touched by NV, so the network is still in poor shape. Yet I have no problems getting calls, or emails, any time of day. Streaming video, well, that's a different story. But that's not my phones fault. In KC, no problems connecting to and holding on to LTE either.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Exactly, no issues at all except for the occasional issue with the capacitive buttons which has been addressed with the last update.

Minor complaint, the display is set up so that when viewing it through a polarized lens (sunglasses) in landscape mode, it almost disappears.

I wear polarized sunglasses on a regular(helps with my migraines) and I do see a slight rainbow effect on the screen but I can still see the screen perfectly under any lighting condition.

I wear polarized sunglasses on a regular(helps with my migraines) and I do see a slight rainbow effect on the screen but I can still see the screen perfectly under any lighting condition.

Interesting.  Even in landscape orientation?  I understand with all LCDs, the screen will "go black" (or virtually do so) when held at a certain angle and viewed through polarized lenses.  For my Dell laptop, for example, it's on the upward sloping diagonal (lower left to upper right) and on my Dell monitor, it's on the downward sloping diagonal.  However, on my One, it's a few degrees counterclockwise of the landscape orientation.

Interesting.  Even in landscape orientation?  I understand with all LCDs, the screen will "go black" (or virtually do so) when held at a certain angle and viewed through polarized lenses.  For my Dell laptop, for example, it's on the upward sloping diagonal (lower left to upper right) and on my Dell monitor, it's on the downward sloping diagonal.  However, on my One, it's a few degrees counterclockwise of the landscape orientation.

I can't replicate it with the One at all under any condition from any angle, all I get is a light/dark/rainbow effect but again I can still see everything perfectly clear.  I have experienced it with other lcd screens though, like the monitors at the airport when checking for flight information, with the glasses on I can't see anything at all.

I would get on the line with tech support. FWIW in my experience most data issues are profile related. Maybe that extends to emails and calls also.

I have had this problem where the profile had to be updated because text and calls weren't working. I'd go somewhere with WiFi and update your profile, it's always worked for me.

-Luis

I can't replicate it with the One at all under any condition from any angle, all I get is a light/dark/rainbow effect but again I can still see everything perfectly clear.  I have experienced it with other lcd screens though, like the monitors at the airport when checking for flight information, with the glasses on I can't see anything at all.

Interesting.  I appreciate the feedback.  Probably not worth trying to exchange it for or anything; I don't use it too much in landscape, let alone with sunglasses on in landscape.

Interesting.  I appreciate the feedback.  Probably not worth trying to exchange it for or anything; I don't use it too much in landscape, let alone with sunglasses on in landscape.

Happened to me all the time with previous phone when using polarized glasses. Even yesterday a white Lexus looked purple-ish when it was white without classes.

• Like 1

Well maybe you have a defective unit, who knows but there will always be that small percentage of users that will have issues regardless of what type of phone it is.  I bought a One and Gs4(both on release day) and both performed the same when it came to real world rf performance.  I ended up returning the gs4 because of how it stuttered when using the device and this is with all the added features turned off.  I may just end up getting a used note 2 which is still a better device than the gs4 anyway or just waiting for the note 3.  

I agree it is probably a defective unit.  The only other thing i can think of it being is that i got the upgrade from my account and took the phone and put it on my gf's account.  maybe somewhere there it got messed up.  It took over 2 hours to get the phone activated initially, so that may have been a sign of issues to come.  Like i stated before though, I updated the profile and it works for now, but we will see how it is later.

I do know however that i have to get the MSL and chang ethe lte timer from 300 back to like 30 or 5

• Like 1

Ok so the Voicemail app has persistently, over the past three days, been telling that a new update is available and that it's ad supported. I don't want the update, and I try dismissing the notification but it comes back every single hour. How do I get rid of the notification?

-Luis

right there with you - i hate it. i got enough stupid ads on apps that i don't need one on my freaking voicemail regardless of stupid feature upgrades i don't need/want.

I just want my voicemail to play back my messages. VVM is nice, but I don't need transcriptions or sending to email or any of that other crap.

there should be an opt out of the upgrade other than cancel which leaves the vmail icon in the notification bar where i think i've got a vmail to check.

I know this is off topic but this is an active post with htc users. I recently bricked my evo lte. I can get to the bootloader and recovery goes to the twrp mode version 2.5.0.0, also it is S-ON. Do any of you guys have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

I was looking at the settings in mobile network and it has these 2 options that say Domestic voice and Domestic data and when i select them it says "Additional charges may apply per plan. Do you wish to enable this setting?"

What do these do?

I was looking at the settings in mobile network and it has these 2 options that say Domestic voice and Domestic data and when i select them it says "Additional charges may apply per plan. Do you wish to enable this setting?"

What do these do?

I think that's for domestic roaming.

• Like 1

What do these do?

Ok...so a follow-up question...should those setting be turned on or not?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Ok...so a follow-up question...should those setting be turned on or not?

domestic roaming is included in your sprint plan, so yes you can enable them if you want. Keeping them unchecked will prevent connecting with any non-native sprint towers, so if you go into a roaming area you will lose service.

• Like 1

domestic roaming is included in your sprint plan, so yes you can enable them if you want. Keeping them unchecked will prevent connecting with any non-native sprint towers, so if you go into a roaming area you will lose service.

Ah cool, thanks for the info guys!

So a new problem has started happening since the update. My GPS is broken! I can't get a signal lock inside or outside. I googled the issue and it seems that other people are having the same problem with only temporary fixes. Also Google Now is broken as well, it doesn't show any of the regular cards such as time to work, among others. Any thoughts or tips on fixing these two issues?

-Luis

So a new problem has started happening since the update. My GPS is broken! I can't get a signal lock inside or outside. I googled the issue and it seems that other people are having the same problem with only temporary fixes. Also Google Now is broken as well, it doesn't show any of the regular cards such as time to work, among others. Any thoughts or tips on fixing these two issues?

-Luis

Are you running a custom rom or are you stock?

About as stock as stock gets. For a while Google Now has been telling me to turn on Location Services (which are on), but recently my GPS "broke".

-Luis

Oh ok, I was having the same issues as you when I flashed a custom rom and had to flash a separate zip file to get it working again. Anyway, have you tried performing a hard reset?

Oh ok, I was having the same issues as you when I flashed a custom rom and had to flash a separate zip file to get it working again. Anyway, have you tried performing a hard reset?

Nope, I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to that, I resort to trying everything else. I hate backing up my phone and downloading everything, but at this point I might just have to do that. How well does HTC Backup work? What exactly would it backup and restore?

-Luis

P.S. I should also clarify that resetting the phone will fix the GPS problem but it will stop working eventually.

Nope, I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to that, I resort to trying everything else. I hate backing up my phone and downloading everything, but at this point I might just have to do that. How well does HTC Backup work? What exactly would it backup and restore?

-Luis

P.S. I should also clarify that resetting the phone will fix the GPS problem but it will stop working eventually.

Well I do have htc backup backing up everything to dropbox but I have never actually tried using it so not sure how it will work exactly.  Since I am rooted I always use titanium backup pro, and as I flash a rom or hard reset I can then flash whatever I want to restore before having to even reboot the phone.

-Luis

I honestly think something is wrong with HTC. I have the same two issues with my evo. The GPS will lock and work but after a few min it stops working. Sadly, if I upgrade soon I might jump ship to Samsung. After last 4 phones being htc ...HTC touch(first touch), HTC evo, HTC evo 3d, HTC evo lte.

Is anyone noticing weaker lte signal with

their One's? I just got it today and in work where my optimus g had lte throughtout the building the one drops it in parts. I haven't gotten to use it in the real world yet so I was just wondering.

Well got my new phone, and guess what NEW PROBLEMS! This is so damn annoying.. Sprint customer service is so dumb, "take out the SIM card and clean it" really? I just got the stupid thing today! Maybe you guys can help.. It keeps bringing me to this Self Service screen that i have never seen before and this error message..

2013-05-29140311_zps9a1c202d.png

Well got my new phone, and guess what NEW PROBLEMS! This is so damn annoying.. Sprint customer service is so dumb, "take out the SIM card and clean it" really? I just got the stupid thing today! Maybe you guys can help.. It keeps bringing me to this Self Service screen that i have never seen before and this error message..

2013-05-29140311_zps9a1c202d.png

Since you just got it today the network may still be adjusting. Try updating profile and prl. If you happen to know your MSL and MSID then punch in the dialer ##MSL# and repunch in your PTN and MSID. Sounds like the cell site is being fickle.

Since you just got it today the network may still be adjusting. Try updating profile and prl. If you happen to know your MSL and MSID then punch in the dialer ##MSL# and repunch in your PTN and MSID. Sounds like the cell site is being fickle.

After dealing with them for over 5 hours both in person and over the phone we just went back, again, to the repair store and they switched out the SIM card and for the first time in over 3 weeks i have not had problems and was able to connect to eHRPD again..

• Like 1