HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Ahhh. I'm hoping HTC is better about the updates since this is basically the first time they standardized a phone on multiple US carriers(I think they will). Considering that was a large complaint among us rather "techy" people.

Seeing as how the rooting process seems to be the same for all three US carriers, it will ultimately depend on the carriers themselves. If Sprint's EVOLTE update is any indication, we might see it first before ATT or T-mo.

-Luis

I'm getting so much conflicting reports on the One's RF performance. Once they drop below $400 on EBay, I'm going to pick one up and put it through my RF testing rigmarole. They just are too expensive for me to buy off contract right now.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 6

I'm getting so much conflicting reports on the One's RF performance. Once they drop below $400 on EBay, I'm going to pick one up and put it through my RF testing rigmarole. They just are too expensive for me to buy off contract right now.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

It seems like you are the only ONE to tell us about the ONE and it's RF performance... Sorry I couldn't resist the puns.

Subjectively for me it works better than the EVOLTE, but then again I've never tried a SGS3/4 or Note, so I'm comparing it to a bad RF performer.

-Luis

• Like 1

My ONE doesn't perform as well as my daughters GS3 in poor signal areas and in those areas seems to only be minutely better than my 3D. I'm also experience random choppy audio on calls so I'm wondering if it's defective or what.

might be a lemon...

Oddly enough, someone over on XDA said that they had poor 4g performance then switched for a black one and it performed better. I'd wait to hear that from more people cuz that might just be a placebo effect.

my gf and i got one of each, the GS4 and the ONE. So far, the GS4 grabs 4g quicker than the one, holds it longer than the one and will connect to 4g and the one won't. that and i already have a scratch on the screen where my LTEVO was fine without a screen protector since the first day.

I'm going to give it a week and if i'm not happy, it's going back. Maybe in exchange for the gs4 or i'll just wait.

I picked up an htc one off craigs list, I think the signal bars show less than the note 2, but with signal check pro running the numbers are usually relatively close to the same as the note 2.

I really like the device and how it feels in my hand and runs very smooth, but I am feeling very spoiled by the note2 screen size and find myself wishing the one was just a little bit bigger screen.

Driving on I-44 in Missouri this weekend, I watched my screen to see how quickly it connected to the three isolated sites with active LTE.

Without cycling airplane mode or anything, it connected to the LTE signal within about 2 minutes of entering the coverage area of each tower, sometimes in less time than that. With the extreme nature of the terrain, it's impossible to keep any signal as the road dips, so I dropped the signal several times, but it locked back on within about 30 seconds. It actually grabbed the signal better than I thought it would. Course I only have one line, so no way to test that against the GS3 yet.

• Like 2

Non Sciencetific, but the 3G seems to work well on my my HTC One and it seems to pick-up 4G fairly quickly. As I have mentioned, my phone has grabbed 4G in Tysons VA (even in an office) and in several places in I-495 in the Alexandria VA area and the Arlington VA area.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

once my ONE "learned" where i get my lte from, it connects pretty well, but I can say that it doesnt hold lte as long as the s3 did in places unless i force cdma/lte using the radio info from signal check app.

Is anyone here on SERO PREMIUM 500? Can you go back and forth from logging in to sprint.com or do you have to contact customer service or corporate sprint store?

I have never done a sero upgrade online. I have always done it over the phone OR at a corporate store (ymmv depending if the reps know wat they are doing)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I have never done a sero upgrade online. I have always done it over the phone OR at a corporate store (ymmv depending if the reps know wat they are doing)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I know to only upgrade over the phone or in store. I should have been more clear. Is it possible to just swap devices online or do you have to do the same process as upgrading?

Two things:

1. Can anybody tell me how to permanently kill the "Your Sprint Default Configuration has downloaded and is ready to be installed" notification?
  2. Can anybody tell me how to permanently turn off USB Debugging?

FWIW, my phone is not rooted.

Thanks,

DM

Can anybody tell me how to permanently turn off USB Debugging?

To remove the notification you just click the USB Debugging, and then under Developer Options un-tick USB Debugging

The first one, idk. I never got that on my phone.

-Luis

To remove the notification you just click the USB Debugging, and then under Developer Options un-tick USB Debugging

For me, that never works. Seems like it should, but even when I do that USB Debugging comes on every single time I connect my phone to USB. I have a stock Sprint One. Don't know if that matters.

Thank you for your quick response though.

Edited by DavoM

For me, that never works. Seems like it should, but even when I do that USB Debugging comes on every single time I connect my phone to USB. I have a stock Sprint One. Don't know if that matters.

Thank you for your quick response though.

Yeah, I just tried it and I saw that it really doesn't work. To be honest I just ignore half of all those notifications, I doubt that's a solution for you. Maybe someone with more knowledge can help you. I also have a stock Sprint HTC ONE, I did, however, uninstall a ton of Sprint apps, maybe in the process I uninstalled the one that give you that notification.

-Luis

I also have a stock Sprint HTC ONE, I did, however, uninstall a ton of Sprint apps, maybe in the process I uninstalled the one that give you that notification.

I'll take a look and see what I can uninstall. Thanks.

The debugging thing does matter in my case when I try to dock my phone in my car. USB should trigger launching my car dock app and it doesn't. It is not playing nicely with the car's USB port. I want it to "Charge only," but Jellybean evidently got rid of this feature and as a result, my car thinks the phone is a USB device that should be read.

It seems as if both Ford and Google are removing features in their upgrades, but I'll spare you all of that soapbox.

If anybody has any ideas, I'm open.

Edited by DavoM

I had the same problem on my One, on both the stock ROM after I unlocked it, and on the custom ROM I am using. If you disable USB debugging it comes right back on when you plug it in. I know when I used one of the international ROMs that was ported to Sprint, I did not have this problem. On the Sprint viperROM it is set to USB debugging by design, not sure if there is an easy way to fix it.

You could try to use the RUU posted on XDA to put the phone at 100% stock and see if it continues.

anybody having problems with call quality? A few minutes into any call and the inbound gets super choppy and outbound starts acting up like i'm losing signal.

I'm not using a death grip, happens either handed and I'm not pinky'ing the mic...happens in home on airrave, in car, standing in parking lot.

Lemon maybe?

anybody having problems with call quality? A few minutes into any call and the inbound gets super choppy and outbound starts acting up like i'm losing signal.

I'm not using a death grip, happens either handed and I'm not pinky'ing the mic...happens in home on airrave, in car, standing in parking lot.

Lemon maybe?

Sprint will tell you it's because of all the upgrades they are doing in the area. Or so they say.

-Luis

• Like 1

Sprint will tell you it's because of all the upgrades they are doing in the area. Or so they say.

-Luis

Yup..that seems to be their go to reply these days..No matter what if it's signal related they says it's because of resent network vision upgrades being done on a near by tower..it's such BS and most people actually believe it.