HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

You know you're rooted when your phone storage is mostly taken up by backup files you'll likely never use.

You know you're rooted when your wife refers to your phone as "the other woman" and she feels threatened by how often you flash her.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, thank you. I just setup the TV remove app it and it awesome. I didn't realize that it shows the shows currently playing and how far into the show it is. I can't wait until it picks up on my favorite channels and then just recommends those. I am going to give it a show with stock at first to see how I like it since the double tap still keeps the recent apps. When I worked for Sprint a few months ago the store manager picked me and I was supposed to get the phone for free but then before I got it the DM transferred me and it had to go to another employee in that store, oh well. 

Thank you, thank you. I just setup the TV remove app it and it awesome. I didn't realize that it shows the shows currently playing and how far into the show it is. I can't wait until it picks up on my favorite channels and then just recommends those. I am going to give it a show with stock at first to see how I like it since the double tap still keeps the recent apps. When I worked for Sprint a few months ago the store manager picked me and I was supposed to get the phone for free but then before I got it the DM transferred me and it had to go to another employee in that store, oh well. 

There are simple mods that will allow for the back botton or the home button to be used as the menu button by pressing and holding.  Like what mrrogers1 also suggested there is a mod to allow the htc logo(not the actual logo but the tiny space right above it) to be used as a menu button but that requires a flash of a modified kernel.  Personally I try to stay away from heavily modified kernels because they are seldomly as stable as a stock kernel or close to stock kernel and to me the the pros or the coolness factor does not outweigh the potential cons.

I finally did it.  I got the HTC One.... Coming from the HTC EVO 4G LTE, I must say that I am impressed at how quick and responsive this phone is.....

As for the LTE connectivity, I did notice an improvement over the EVO (not surprised there)... As a matter of fact, when I went to the sprint store, they were side by side, and as expected, the EVO was in 3G and the One had 4G no issues....

• Like 1

I finally did it.  I got the HTC One.... Coming from the HTC EVO 4G LTE, I must say that I am impressed at how quick and responsive this phone is.....

As for the LTE connectivity, I did notice an improvement over the EVO (not surprised there)... As a matter of fact, when I went to the sprint store, they were side by side, and as expected, the EVO was in 3G and the One had 4G no issues....

I couldn't agree more. Although it was more costly to switch, it was definitely worth it for me. I haven't looked back since.

I finally bit the bullet and though the HTC One, coming from the EVO lte. I love the phone so far. I don't miss the recent app at all. I haven't set up blinkfeed yet to see how I like it. I got a cruzerlite case but I will replace it soon with a commuter.

You should look into the UAG case, I have it, it's amazing! Plus it's much cheaper than the Otterbox on amazon.

-Luis

Wow a lot of Evo to One converts suddenly, myself included! :-D

Luis, do you have that flash issue with the UAG case? Where the flash washes out the photos, especially in low light? I've read about that in several places, but it might depend on the color of the case.

Wow a lot of Evo to One converts suddenly, myself included! :-D

Luis, do you have that flash issue with the UAG case? Where the flash washes out the photos, especially in low light? I've read about that in several places, but it might depend on the color of the case.

Not at all. The flash works perfectly. Maybe it does have something to do with the color of the case. I have the white case, I haven't noticed any discernible differences with or without the case. I've been meaning to upload the pictures of the case lol. I haven't forgotten :P

I think it mostly has to do with some defective cases honestly, cause the cut out for the camera and flash are huge compared to the Double Dip Flip case, and I never had problems with that case either.

-Luis

You'll also want to find a copy of the HTC Flashlight apk. I did that first and am glad to have it back on my device.

Question - for those of you running the UAG case (just looked it up), how does it compare to the Otterbox Commuter? I'm running that right now, but this UAG one looks intriguing.

You'll also want to find a copy of the HTC Flashlight apk. I did that first and am glad to have it back on my device.

Question - for those of you running the UAG case (just looked it up), how does it compare to the Otterbox Commuter? I'm running that right now, but this UAG one looks intriguing.

Idk, I've never had an Otterbox (and probably never will), I find them too be too expensive and too bulky. You would have to do a side by side comparison for yourself. I know there are some youtube videos out there comparing many cases. Maybe that will help you.

But from what I've seen the UAG case is much lighter and not as bulky. It's honestly a block, but it doesn't have any hard edges that dig into your palm.

-Luis

• Like 1

I loved the Otterbox Commuter on my Evo LTE, but don't like it on the One.  Can't quite put my finger on what exactly but it makes the phone feel much bigger.  It didn't that effect on the Evo.

I'm intrigued by the UAG case but I'm wondering about the flash issue.  If I'm not satisfied with an incoming Incipio Dual Pro CF (or if it impacts signal like the Shine did) then the UAG would be the next case I try.  In blue! :D

Edited by Jaggrey

What is in the HTC One system update today?  I have enough spectrum and network info to keep pace with that I hate having to worry about what system updates give or take away.

AJ

What is in the HTC One system update today?  I have enough spectrum and network info to keep pace with that I hate having to worry about what system updates give or take away.

AJ

I'm not sure what you're asking specifically, but I just checked under System Updates and there's nothing :(

I know that 4.2.2 is rolling out for the Dual-Sim model.

-Luis

I'm not sure what you're asking specifically, but I just checked under System Updates and there's nothing :(

My notification screen today includes a system update.

AJ

My One has seemed to have died, it won't charge (no power light comes on) and it won't even power up. The home/back keys will light up and flash if I try to hold down power and/or power+volume down.

This blows.

Next time this happens just put the phone up to a bright light, or light a lighter near the proximity sensor to make the screen come back on. Im not joking either :P

Same with me, I just checked for any updates and nothing. I can ask my old coworkers if there is anything in the playbook for updates(although it would it would probably leak before employees know). I have noticed my One will connect to 4g but when I pick it up it drops to 3g. If I can get it to keep and do a speed test it will get around 7mps which is highly usable. One thing to note is I live in the middle of three lte sites and I am literally in the weakest point for all three of them. I don't have a case yet so hopefully that will help when I added, much better connectivity than the EVO though.

For the HTC flashlight apk, I downloaded a copy, but it does not allow me to toggle between the three different intensities?  It only shows the low setting and a message saying to push the button to change intensity, but nothing happens... So I had to download another flashlight app... Did anyone experience this with the HTC apk?

The downloads app is there on my One.  I had to make a shortcut to it using ES File Explorer just like I did with the Evo.  Neither were in the app drawer by default.

The downloads app is there on my One.  I had to make a shortcut to it using ES File Explorer just like I did with the Evo.  Neither were in the app drawer by default.

Another way of finding the Downloads is to go to the menu in the default browser.

-Luis

For the HTC flashlight apk, I downloaded a copy, but it does not allow me to toggle between the three different intensities?  It only shows the low setting and a message saying to push the button to change intensity, but nothing happens... So I had to download another flashlight app... Did anyone experience this with the HTC apk?

The version I am using works fine. I found it on XDA. The shape of the flashlight is different compared to other versions (less Mag-Lite, more contemporary) but works the same way.