digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

You'll need to be running stock 4.3 (wiped clean recommended; dirty upgrade not supported), be rooted, and have a custom recovery installed. digiROM will install over the installation. The installation will get "digi-fied" with all the tweaks and such that we've been previously accustomed with.

You can flash over the old but I don't recommend it due to having to flash the modem separately, flash a wifi fix due to mismatched bootloader, you will be missing other modem tweaks as well, just a pain.

We will post instructions.. Don't worry.

The first RC build is being tested now... Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Probably easier to just Odin over TWRP or Philz CWM. Some people claim Philz handles 4.3 better. Then flash the ROM and I would wipe data too as I do not suggest a "dirty" flash.

No need to root or deknox since that is already done in the ROM.

Duh, I'm over here thinking about our whole process. Yep. ODIN a recovery, wipe data, flash ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am currently uploading the build to my server.  If you are willing to test and meet the following requirements please send me a PM for the link.

On a pure 4.3 OTA'd phone; meaning you have the 4.3 baseband, system, and bootloader. 

Willing to do a factory reset and wipe all your data

Have a custom recovery installed

I will type up instructions later for everyone on how to root/install recovery on a pure 4.3 device and also how to install this on non 4.3 OTA'd device.  The second option is not recommended but I know people that would prefer to go this route.

• Like 1

I am currently uploading the build to my server.  If you are willing to test and meet the following requirements please send me a PM for the link.

On a pure 4.3 OTA'd phone; meaning you have the 4.3 baseband, system, and bootloader. 

Willing to do a factory reset and wipe all your data

Have a custom recovery installed

I will type up instructions later for everyone on how to root/install recovery on a pure 4.3 device and also how to install this on non 4.3 OTA'd device.  The second option is not recommended but I know people that would prefer to go this route.

I will start working on getting my phone to pure 4.3, give me about an hour

Just want to make sure my steps are correct, ODIN the SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED (Compressed Archive).exe from rwilco12's repo then ODIN TWRP 2.6.3.1?

• Like 1

Digi beat me to it, but I'm excited to have this build roll-out to you all. You all can ask any pre-questions you may have.

• Like 2

If you want to you can follow my instructions on the S3 ROM thread (post 13) for rooting a 4.3 device, of course you'll need to swap the TWRP or CWM for your device type.  I've been using Philz CWM on the S3 as people claim it's more compatible with 4.3, all your choice of course.

• Like 2

If you want to you can follow my instructions on the S3 ROM thread (post 13) for rooting a 4.3 device, of course you'll need to swap the TWRP or CWM for your device type.  I've been using Philz CWM on the S3 as people claim it's more compatible with 4.3, all your choice of course.

Do I need to have SuperSu and the DeKnoxer?

You can skip it if you write the ROM right after recovery is ODIN'd.

OK

MK4 Full restore

Boot into 4.3 to verify everything is good

ODIN Philz recovery

Flash your Zip

Sound good?

OK

MK4 Full restore

Boot into 4.3 to verify everything is good

ODIN Philz recovery

Flash your Zip

Sound good?

MK4 Full Stock restore

Boot into 4.3 to verify everything is good (baseband, etc)

ODIN Philz recovery

Do not let phone boot up to Android! Go into recovery.

Use the Wipe option that says Clean to Install a New ROM

I would also wipe Data/Factory reset

Then Flash my ZIP. 

It will take a bit after reboot on the Samsung logo, do not worry (the cache/dalvik is being rebuilt)

• Like 2

Here's another good habit to get into...  after copying your ROM you want to flash to your phone, let it sit idle for a 15-20 seconds, or do the safe eject on the usb if you can, disconnect the USB, plug it back in, browse to the ZIP, open it and do a test archive with 7zip or winzip to make sure everything is good on the download and transfer to your phone. 

It does take a little bit more effort but you can rest assured that you have a good flash each and every time!  I do include the md5 file as well but I don't think Philz uses it like TWRP does to verify the file before flashing.

• Like 2

Only thing I have to do different is I don't have an external SD card so while in stock MK4, I need to copy your zip to my internal storage.

Not a problem.. my 16gb SD card died on my S3 and I've been using the internal storage as well.

And once you get it flashed and things are rolling...give a big shout out to COZisBack as this wouldn't be here today without his extensive/tiring testing, the very high risk of killing his device due to the issues we had, and motivation/pushing me to do this!  ;)

• Like 4

Just want to make sure my steps are correct, ODIN the SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED (Compressed Archive).exe from rwilco12's repo then ODIN TWRP 2.6.3.1?

Hmm, I ran this thinking it would wipe my phone, but it didn't.

So far so good, installing apps from the market

Please note, the Play Store and other apps may appear to hang as the Google Services framework is updating to the latest version.  I have included the older 6.x version of Google Maps for those that prefer this version since it allows KML layers and other features.  The Play Store will automatically update this app when on WiFi, turn this option off and uninstall any updates to Google Maps if you prefer this version.

First impressions?

Been running 4.3 since day one, and I'll say it's very responsive compared to stock. I'm really noticing it when doing Play Store installations. Most of the time it would just hang there or I'd get error messages, etc, but now with this ROM, it's FAST. Loving it so far!

• Like 2

Been running 4.3 since day one, and I'll say it's very responsive compared to stock. I'm really noticing it when doing Play Store installations. Most of the time it would just hang there or I'd get error messages, etc, but now with this ROM, it's FAST. Loving it so far!

bigzeto showed me an old android trick.. change the animation scales to 0.5x in the Developer Options menu.  Makes it feel even faster.

Now back to figuring out my permissions issue with the S4LA script add-on...