digiblur

Ok having an issue connecting to radio via blue tooth

Sent from my CoziBlured4.3 gn2 using Taptalk pro

Checking now, standby.

Edit: My Motorola S9's are working no problem. 4y8edyna.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Ill try my era when I leave work.

You may have to manually enter the BT PIN, I had to for my S9's but may have just been a hiccup. Hell, try a reboot while you're at it.

Another issue that has come up as of late is that I keep losing root. I've tried reinstalling the ROM 3 times now, and it gets restored, but for whatever reason, after a random reboot, I let it fully load up and open up SuperSU and it complains that the binary isn't installed. Other than reinstalling the ROM, sometimes I can get root to restore itself by rebooting multiple times (sometimes 3-5 times). I've also tried booting into TWRP recovery to see if it'll restore root, but it never prompts to restore root. Any ideas?

Another issue that has come up as of late is that I keep losing root. I've tried reinstalling the ROM 3 times now, and it gets restored, but for whatever reason, after a random reboot, I let it fully load up and open up SuperSU and it complains that the binary isn't installed. Other than reinstalling the ROM, sometimes I can get root to restore itself by rebooting multiple times (sometimes 3-5 times). I've also tried booting into TWRP recovery to see if it'll restore root, but it never prompts to restore root. Any ideas?

Are you on a 4.3 bootloader?

You may have to manually enter the BT PIN, I had to for my S9's but may have just been a hiccup. Hell, try a reboot while you're at it.

yeah no luck doesnt even give me option for pin? Tried reboot nada. Might try reflashing rom when i get home.

Quick question: on the map, will orange sites go green? 3G/800 to 3G/4G? I'm looking at moving down near Mt Sterling and the sites there are currently orange.

Thanks!

Wrong thread buddy

Re flashed rom and bluetooth working fine. Only thing I can think of is some apks I tried installing might have hinkered with something? Either way it's working.

• Like 1

The device I'm upgrading is currently on digiRom MC2. (4.1)

My assumption is that I do not need to use Garwynn's Odin back to stock, unrooted 4.1.

And I should use rwilco's Odin to go to stock, unrooted 4.3.

Can someone verify this?

Much appreciated.

Skid

The device I'm upgrading is currently on digiRom MC2. (4.1)

My assumption is that I do not need to use Garwynn's Odin back to stock, unrooted 4.1.

And I should use rwilco's Odin to go to stock, unrooted 4.3.

Can someone verify this?

Much appreciated.

Skid

I personally prefer going to 4.1.2 stock then doing the OTA to 4.3, but jefbal99's step work as well.

That is what I did, went to stock 4.3, then odin'd in my recovery, then wiped, then flashed the ROM

COZ, what is the difference in a full stock 4.3 vs. the 4.1.2 and then the OTA to 4.3?  If you went to a Sprint store and they flashed your phone as a repair, they would use the full 4.3 restore.

Just wondering if there is secret sauce in the OTA that I'm missing.

COZ, what is the difference in a full stock 4.3 vs. the 4.1.2 and then the OTA to 4.3?  If you went to a Sprint store and they flashed your phone as a repair, they would use the full 4.3 restore.

Just wondering if there is secret sauce in the OTA that I'm missing.

There may be no difference, again this is just my thoughts, but I like to see my ROM being updated instead of being pushed through. I feel like I notice things being updated, instead of stuff just being pushed/overwrote.

• Like 1

Well,

The bump up to 4.3 was a success as was installing Philz recovery.

The issue is that when I get into recovery and try installing digiROM I get an error.

I have tried installing from both sdcard and sdcard1.  Same error.  I've downloaded a couple of times and the MD5 matches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Skid

Edit:  Not sure it matters but I cannot figure out how to enable developer options, and turn usb debugging on.

Edit:  Got debugging turned on.  Can't get screenshot figured out while in recovery

Formatting system

format() expects 5 args, got 3

E:Error in /data/media/0/Download/digiblurROM...

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

press any key to continue.

Edited by skid71

Well,

The issue is that when I get into recovery and try installing digiROM I get an error.

I have tried installing from both sdcard and sdcard1. Same error. I've downloaded a couple of times and the MD5 matches.

Thanks,

Skid

Edit: Not sure it matters but I cannot figure out how to enable developer options, and turn usb debugging on.

To enable Developer Options, go to System Settings > More... > About Device: Keep tapping on the build number until it says you're a developer. Once it does, go back one screen and you'll see developer options. Go in there and enable USB debugging.

Also try TWRP if Philz recovery doesn't work for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Well,

I have tried installing from both sdcard and sdcard1. Same error. I've downloaded a couple of times and the MD5 matches.

Thanks,

Skid

Edit: Not sure it matters but I cannot figure out how to enable developer options, and turn usb debugging on.

Edit: Got debugging turned on. Can't get screenshot figured out while in recovery

Formatting system

format() expects 5 args, got 3

E:Error in /data/media/0/Download/digiblurROM...

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

press any key to continue.

Some are saying that using the latest version of Philz doesn't work well for flashing 4.3 ROMs but a single previous version does. I used TWRP. I prefer it but some are saying Nandroid restores don't work but even though unrecommended, I don't make backups.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.

I will try TWRP, as I prefer it as well.

Would the preferred method of changing recoveries be to use Philz to flash the TWRP zip, or the Odin method?

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the help.

I will try TWRP, as I prefer it as well.

Would the preferred method of changing recoveries be to use Philz to flash the TWRP zip, or the Odin method?

Thanks again for your help.

Others have been saying that Philz 6.07.9 works well and has no problems with restoring 4.3 backups.  I would just flash any recovery updates in recovery as it is just a simple flash to the recovery partition.  As always, test your zips.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49961796&postcount=800

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Coz and Digi get to do one more version of the ROM as Note 2 was on Samsung's KitKat list :)

This time I can say, don't expect it, BUT, you never know which way the wind blows when the sun shines and the lemonade taste so sweet. :tu:

• Like 3