digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

It's recommended that you need to get back to stock 4.1.2 and OTA to 4.3 first.

How can you go back to 4.1.2? I tried doing that and it nearly bricked my phone. I do have the new bootloader and when I tried to flash back, it said it failed and I ended up having to do an emergency restore through Kies.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

How can you go back to 4.1.2? I tried doing that and it nearly bricked my phone. I do have the new bootloader and when I tried to flash back, it said it failed and I ended up having to do an emergency restore through Kies.

I think you have to use Odin.

Well if that's the case I'll give it go later on this evening. I was trying to flash back to 4.1.2 with those One click.exe bundles and when it get to flashing the bootloader it said it had failed and I'd be left with a soft bricked phone. At least it's not the end of the world should it do it again, but man it's a pain.

Well if that's the case I'll give it go later on this evening. I was trying to flash back to 4.1.2 with those One click.exe bundles and when it get to flashing the bootloader it said it had failed and I'd be left with a soft bricked phone. At least it's not the end of the world should it do it again, but man it's a pain.

This works as long as you pay attention: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2086769

Cool beans! Too bad you have to upgrade to stock 4.3 with knox before flashing the rom when its ready. 

I guess after they back to stock flash from recovery you have to skip the keep root flash to get the OTA to take.

After that I guess you have to use Kingo root before you would install the room in order to get root back.

I have a ton of apps on my phone I see you can make a update.zip in titanium backup from the backups. How does that work out in practice? It better to just let the restored to stock phone automatically redownload them all from the play store?

Cool beans! Too bad you have to upgrade to stock 4.3 with knox before flashing the rom when its ready. 

I guess after they back to stock flash from recovery you have to skip the keep root flash to get the OTA to take.

After that I guess you have to use Kingo root before you would install the room in order to get root back.

I have a ton of apps on my phone I see you can make a update.zip in titanium backup from the backups. How does that work out in practice? It better to just let the restored to stock phone automatically redownload them all from the play store?

Going to stock 4.3 ensures that your phone gets everything intended for 4.3. Flashing from 4.1.2 to a custom 4.3 your phone will miss more than what just a Modem/Firmware zip covers.

You will lose root doing our steps, but do not recommend using Kingo. Their are reports all over on how unsecure their process is and I'm not talking about bricking your phone. There is a simple 3 step process to get root and only need ODIN to put the recovery in place.

I can't say how your apps are going to restore to 4.3 using TB. I don't see it being a problem. Make sure your not saving any system applications though.

Going to stock 4.3 ensures that your phone gets everything intended for 4.3. Flashing from 4.1.2 to a custom 4.3 your phone will miss more than what just a Modem/Firmware zip covers.

You will lose root doing our steps, but do not recommend using Kingo. Their are reports all over on how unsecure their process is and I'm not talking about bricking your phone. There is a simple 3 step process to get root and only need ODIN to put the recovery in place.

I can't say how your apps are going to restore to 4.3 using TB. I don't see it being a problem. Make sure your not saving any system applications though.

However, won't that trigger knox?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

However, won't that trigger knox?

Absolutely. It will trigger the KNOX counter in the bootloader. It's a tradeoff. There are discussions on XDA on workarounds if you have to go in for service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely. It will trigger the KNOX counter in the bootloader. It's a tradeoff. There are discussions on XDA on workarounds if you have to go in for service. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Any update on the ROM status?  :)

Any update on the ROM status? :)

Still testing our base build. It's looking good.

• Like 3

Show y'all a little sneak peek. Things are coming together nicely. Still have a ways to go. Will say, STABLE! Alright. Holla later.

9uneva5y.jpg8y8a2uzu.jpg7avaraga.jpg

• Like 7

I'd love to test too, if another person is needed. I was on the original Digiblur Note2 rom up until I made the poor decision of moving to MK4!

That was actually a smart idea. You just need to load TWRP, DeKNOX and Root.

• Like 1

We may have a test release tomorrow. Just have to check with digiblur.

• Like 1

That was actually a smart idea. You just need to load TWRP, DeKNOX and Root.

Probably easier to just Odin over TWRP or Philz CWM. Some people claim Philz handles 4.3 better. Then flash the ROM and I would wipe data too as I do not suggest a "dirty" flash.

No need to root or deknox since that is already done in the ROM.

• Like 2

Probably easier to just Odin over TWRP or Philz CWM. Some people claim Philz handles 4.3 better. Then flash the ROM and I would wipe data too as I do not suggest a "dirty" flash.

No need to root or deknox since that is already done in the ROM.

I'm downright giddy

so if we are running digis now....will this rom install 4.3???

You'll need to be running stock 4.3 (wiped clean recommended; dirty upgrade not supported), be rooted, and have a custom recovery installed. digiROM will install over the installation. The installation will get "digi-fied" with all the tweaks and such that we've been previously accustomed with.