digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

Might have to get one of you guys to backup your data partition, wipe it, and test the recent apps button without Google Search to make sure.

I don't mind. Let me know what you want me to do.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

Just an fyi I have Google search installed and no hick ups yet. At 40 % with 7 hrs of heavy use .....cant seem to put it down :-)

Sent from my CoziBlured4.3 gn2 using Taptalk pro

• Like 1

Okay, I've backed up my data, formatted the data partition and it seems to work:

Screenshot_2014-01-25-12-51-48.jpg

Now if I restore my data partition, it'll crash System UI. I noticed though, with the Google Search icon, it changes when Google Search is reinstalled.

Screenshot_2014-01-25-12-47-02.jpg

I'm not sure if it's something to do to matching Kitkat or something?

Just an fyi I have Google search installed and no hick ups yet. At 40 % with 7 hrs of heavy use .....cant seem to put it down :-)

Now try uninstalling Google Search and then bring up your recent apps... does System UI crash or can you pull it up and the Google Search icon in the center be disabled?

Bwahahaha. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Now try uninstalling Google Search and then bring up your recent apps... does System UI crash or can you pull it up and the Google Search icon in the center be disabled?

uninstalled recent apps came up no problem.

Posted Image

Stock messaging app is hanging up a bit, might be my 15000 sms message archiveSent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Think you answered that one yourself. ;)

Stock messaging hasn't been touched, it is stock.

• Like 1

Did that shortcut to the debug thing get baked in?

Sent from my SPH-L900

No, you'll have to set it up yourself, but there are no locks if you key it on the keypad.

Did that shortcut to the debug thing get baked in?

Sent from my SPH-L900

And it probably won't due to the issue I was having with pre-installing SL4A.  I'll just update the guide to call the script as root and let people do it on their own as it only takes a few minutes.

• Like 3

Battery life has improved over Synergy ROM. @ 33% would have been at 5 and swapping batteries on old rom.

Sent from my SPH-L900

It's what we were shooting for.

You can flash over the old but I don't recommend it due to having to flash the modem separately, flash a wifi fix due to mismatched bootloader, you will be missing other modem tweaks as well, just a pain.

Flashed yesterday.  Once I figured out and fixed my corrupted /data partition things are working very well!

Can you expand on the "missing other modem tweaks" part of the quote above?  I'm coming from the 4.1 bootloader, and the reason I didn't go the clean 4.3 route was concern about the tripped warranty efuse.  Am I missing a great deal from a modem performance standpoint by not doing that?

Thanks to both Digiblur and COZisBack for all of your work on this!

Flashed yesterday. Once I figured out and fixed my corrupted /data partition things are working very well!

Can you expand on the "missing other modem tweaks" part of the quote above? I'm coming from the 4.1 bootloader, and the reason I didn't go the clean 4.3 route was concern about the tripped warranty efuse. Am I missing a great deal from a modem performance standpoint by not doing that?

Thanks to both Digiblur and COZisBack for all of your work on this!

There are unknowns that may be included with the Official 4.3 update. We can't say what those are as we don't have those details, but to ensure a complete ROM we recommend the 4.3 bootloader, but the choice is yours.

• Like 1

There are unknowns that may be included with the Official 4.3 update. We can't say what those are as we don't have those details, but to ensure a complete ROM we recommend the 4.3 bootloader, but the choice is yours.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld:P

I just charged my device nearly to full and less than 3 hours after charging, I've done some light usage, and even tried rebooting, but man my phone is eating up the battery:

Screenshot_2014-01-29-19-54-13.jpg

Is there a way I can stop "Android OS" from killing my battery off so quickly?

I just charged my device nearly to full and less than 3 hours after charging, I've done some light usage, and even tried rebooting, but man my phone is eating up the battery:

Screenshot_2014-01-29-19-54-13.jpg

Is there a way I can stop "Android OS" from killing my battery off so quickly?

Look on XDA for BetterBatteryStats app and find out what's killing your battery. You shouldn't be experiencing that type of loss.

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809