digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

Family always comes first. We can wait.

Thanks. Spent over $400 on gifts and we don't even have any kids. SMH.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

Not exactly sure what this means, but it looks like a good thing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Well I had a shuffling of the deck chairs lately. The Note2 went to the wife, her S3 was supposed to go to our third line but that individual held on to the EVO LTE until she can get a kickstand case.  Sprint decided to pay for my StraightTalk service while the 13+ month outage continues on my downtown work site, so I had a spare S3 and a line of service with no phone on it.  I put the S3 on it to play with for the time being.  After two days of clutter and not having root, it got the best of me.  Since the S3 and Note2 are pretty close I figured I'd do the S3 ROM while I have then pass that knowledge on over to COZisBack after the holidays and help with the Note2 update of the ROM. 

• Like 4

Well I had a shuffling of the deck chairs lately. The Note2 went to the wife, her S3 was supposed to go to our third line but that individual held on to the EVO LTE until she can get a kickstand case. Sprint decided to pay for my StraightTalk service while the 13+ month outage continues on my downtown work site, so I had a spare S3 and a line of service with no phone on it. I put the S3 on it to play with for the time being. After two days of clutter and not having root, it got the best of me. Since the S3 and Note2 are pretty close I figured I'd do the S3 ROM while I have then pass that knowledge on over to COZisBack after the holidays and help with the Note2 update of the ROM.

that's pretty sweet I know a few people who will be happy with a digiblur ROM for the s3.

that's pretty sweet I know a few people who will be happy with a digiblur ROM for the s3.

It actually pisses me off because I'll have to put my wife's S3 on digiROM now. CTFU.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

Posted Image

Just so y'all don't think I forgot.....

5ypy4u9y.jpg

Just so y'all don't think I forgot.....

Need any help testing let me know! Thanks for taking this on you have big shoes to fill!

Need any help testing let me know! Thanks for taking this on you have big shoes to fill!

Tell me about it. Digi and I have been working hand-and-hand. I'll definitely let you know about testing when we get to that step.

Did you manage to get the SE for Android status to permissive? I have tried a few 4.3 roms and only the STS/Venom one has that built in and its the only one that Signal Check Pro has the Samsung shortcuts to debug/engineering working.

I'd beta test too when its time.

Did you manage to get the SE for Android status to permissive? I have tried a few 4.3 roms and only the STS/Venom one has that built in and its the only one that Signal Check Pro has the Samsung shortcuts to debug/engineering working.

I'd beta test too when its time.

Not that far yet. Still in the process of ensuring a safe and stable build.

• Like 1

digiROM MK4 Update

Hey folks, just wanted to give an update that we're getting closer. We've passed the Slimdown stage and are now in the Tweak stage. Hopefully we can get everything the way we need it.

As for the SE for Android mode being changed to permissive, we've tried the SE Linux Mode Changer app in the Play Store and was able to successfully change the mode to permissive. This did not allow the shortcuts in SCP to function as intended. As of today, the way to get into those modes will be to use the dialer shortcuts once we have them working. digiblur looked into how they're functioning on other GN2 ROMs and it appears they're using old coding, which we don't feel safe using in the new build.

I'm excited to see the progress we've made and I know you all will love it once we get to the release stage. Battery life has been great. Here's a sneak peek:

INPUa76.png

• Like 7

swype standard in there :tu:

Nope, but you can load it back in yourself either by downloading from Swype or placing the file back in the ROM.

Nope, but you can load it back in yourself either by downloading from Swype or placing the file back in the ROM.

so this new ROM...

will it over write the few things i have already put back in like swype???

and this means you will have the file with stuff to put back in??

woot woot

so this new ROM...

will it over write the few things i have already put back in like swype???

and this means you will have the file with stuff to put back in??

woot woot

It will be recommended to preload prior to flashing the ROM with a Factory Reset. We will have the Removed .apks in a separate file for downloading. Same as with MC2.

• Like 1

Coz, the anticipation is killing me; or it might be the annoying update message. When do the S4GRU faithful get some beta goodies?!?!

• Like 1

Coz, the anticipation is killing me; or it might be the annoying update message. When do the S4GRU faithful get some beta goodies?!?!

The guy that built the Deodexed Stock ROM screwed with some crap he wasn't supposed to, now the Sales Code is messed up. We're now building from Stock ROM ourselves. Have to Deodexed and Root the ROM myself. Yeah, trust me, I wasn't too happy. We refuse to put a ROM into testing that doesn't meet our base standards. I truly apologize fellas, but we're going to get it.

• Like 4

The guy that built the Deodexed Stock ROM screwed with some crap he wasn't supposed to, now the Sales Code is messed up. We're now building from Stock ROM ourselves. Have to Deodexed and Root the ROM myself. Yeah, trust me, I wasn't too happy. We refuse to put a ROM into testing that doesn't meet our base standards. I truly apologize fellas, but we're going to get it.

hey no worries I appreciate the quality and dependability of digiblur ROM. You can't rush quality if we can't wait there are other options for us but I'd rather wait for a quality dependable ROM myself. So are you gonna rename it digicoz or coziblur??

So are you gonna rename it digicoz or coziblur??

Hahahaha. digiblur and I briefly talked about it. I want the ROM to continue to be called digiblurROM. You'll just see my credits around.

In terms of trying other ROMs, try to stay away from LORJAY's Stock MK4 Deodex. It screws the Sales Code and requires going back to 4.1.2 and OTA-ing back to 4.3. PITA!!!

I've been from 4.3 back to 4.1.2 probably 5 times since Wednesday. Trust me, this ROM will be what you expect from digiblurROM.

• Like 2

Hahahaha. digiblur and I briefly talked about it. I want the ROM to continue to be called digiblurROM. You'll just see my credits around.

In terms of trying other ROMs, try to stay away from LORJAY's Stock MK4 Deodex. It screws the Sales Code and requires going back to 4.1.2 and OTA-ing back to 4.3. PITA!!!

I've been from 4.3 back to 4.1.2 probably 5 times since Wednesday. Trust me, this ROM will be what you expect from digiblurROM.

We appreciate the effort and dedication. Btw, what is the sales code?

• Like 1

did you follow the link we gave a few posts back to fix this update issue

oops I was on Lorjay's for a bit. When its time should I use Odin to go back to stock then flash yours? or will it be Odin to 4.1.2, OTA then Digiblur 2.0 the legend continues? Or just flasy yours no odin reqires? some time or another during my trying of roms I managed to get into a bootloops so going back to stock is not going to be a problem, I have done it recently.

It's recommended that you need to get back to stock 4.1.2 and OTA to 4.3 first.

We appreciate the effort and dedication. Btw, what is the sales code?

I'm not sure how this is being asked, but I'm going to answer both ways.

If you're asking what is the sales code that I'm seeing, it's XAS instead of SPR.

If you're asking what is a sales code, it's a "Customer Sales Code" aka CSC. It's how your phone know what country and carrier to provision it's options for.

• Like 2