digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

If / when you do a 4.3 ROM how about considering rolling in a shortcut to the ##debug# lte screen for easy access to PC IDs?

< nothing to see here, move along >

I did a how-to on the other one already for this. 

Still no base from the devs.. might just sit this one out with the whole KNOX debacle. Well at least for a while..

Ya I remembered you did the how to I'm just lazy so I asked for the roll in. Some guy reporting you can't roll back to MD4 so waiting may be best.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Weird, the XDA portal points to it. Thanks for the warning.

Sent from my SPH-L900

It's for the Galaxy S3.that's why he said if you want to brick.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Digi, where would the potential fixes for SMR be in the 4.3 ROM.  Can they be pulled out and implemented into your current version without updating to 4.3?

My guess would be in the MK4 modem...

Hey digi, looks like some devs have a working upgrade that has all Knox removed and is using the MC2 bootloader to not trip Knox either.  There isn't a rooted or deoxed version yet, but they say a rooted version is coming soon.  Might just be the base that is needed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2541395

My guess would be in the MK4 modem...

Hey digi, looks like some devs have a working upgrade that has all Knox removed and is using the MC2 bootloader to not trip Knox either. There isn't a rooted or deoxed version yet, but they say a rooted version is coming soon. Might just be the base that is needed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2541395

Maybe.. I will do the full update myself to make sure I get the nvram updates as well. People take those out way too often.

• Like 3

Modems don't change the OS. Totally different block of memory.

Umm that mean it is safe to flash the new modem then? I'm not up on modem requirements.

Sent from my SPH-L900

It appears I can no longer connect to smr on my tower. They must have turned it off. I flashed the new modem then flashed prl 503. Got no smr signal, I'm about a quarter mile from the tower that was broadcasting smr three weeks ago before I went back to stock prl. I thought maybe it was the new modem blocking smr so I went back mc2 and still no smr. Guess I'm going to have to let you guys see if this modem fixes the smr issues.

It appears I can no longer connect to smr on my tower. They must have turned it off. I flashed the new modem then flashed prl 503. Got no smr signal, I'm about a quarter mile from the tower that was broadcasting smr three weeks ago before I went back to stock prl. I thought maybe it was the new modem blocking smr so I went back mc2 and still no smr. Guess I'm going to have to let you guys see if this modem fixes the smr issues.

No 800smr here, I am in an Ericsson market.

Noticed the MCC-MNC is cut off in the engineering screen like the S4 is. The readable lat long is a neat addition although it doesn't apply to Ericsson markets.

I'm in an area I don't go to that often so I can't speak on the signal change.

Noticed the MCC-MNC is cut off in the engineering screen like the S4 is. The readable lat long is a neat addition although it doesn't apply to Ericsson markets.

I'm at work and my signal strength is what it was before the modem update.  What I am see in signal check is a much greater variety of 1X sites that I'm connecting to.  I've seen more BOLD addresses in the last 15 mins than I've seen since I installed it.

I'm Ericsson too, but like I said, my site was broadcasting smr last I checked a couple weeks ago and nothing today.