dstrait

Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

FWIW. WTOP had a Sprint advertisement on the radio. And it got around to saying 'enjoy LTE in Washington DC'. Or something similar. That last part sounded like it was dubbed into a generic Sprint ad.

I heard that!!! They played it a couple times.

FWIW. WTOP had a Sprint advertisement on the radio. And it got around to saying 'enjoy LTE in Washington DC'. Or something similar. That last part sounded like it was dubbed into a generic Sprint ad.

I heard that!!! They played it a couple times.

Its so sad no one has seen LTE in bethesda, Rockville or Fredrick.

I just think added some more points to Sensorly from the Springfield split to van down St exit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I just think added some more points to Sensorly from the Springfield split to van down St exit.

I added some points last night down Little River and some surrounding areas! I think it's pretty cool that we can see this build out on a map (I have to admit, I'm kind of a nerd for maps...).

Would you believe Reston just went live. I don't know if it is testing or what, but there is a 4 bar signal on the map 2 blocks east of the other spot near the Sprint Reston campus.

• Like 1

That deep purple in Reston is right on the Sprint Nextel building, IIRC. The other smaller blip was by Alcatel IIRC.

I'm excited to see things finally lighting up. Hopefully the fact that the tower by me has been complete crap for the past 2 weeks is a sign of things coming (Herndon/ Reston areas)

I was able to connect at the new dark purple blip in Reston today. Very low signal though, only 2 bars on my iPhone 5.

I will be doing a Sensorly run when I leave Dulles at 7:15pm on my weekly Friday night run to Elizabeth NJ tonight.

I was able to connect at the new dark purple blip in Reston today. Very low signal though, only 2 bars on my iPhone 5.

Directly on top of it or near it? I'd be interested in seeing how far it goes. My office is in the Reston International Center nearby so I'm curious as to if it will penetrate the glass / have the range to reach there.

Also, there is now a blip on 66 near Route 50.

I was in the parking lot of 12004 Sunrise Valley Drive which is at the corner of Sunrise Valley/Reston Parkway. I didn't have time to figure out exactly which tower is doing the broadcasting to get a better signal and speed test. This is the red/tan Sprint (maybe former Sprint) building.

I would say your chances are slim of getting a signal inside the Reston International Center since I believe there is a tower in that building as well as the one white Sprint building across Reston Parkway.

Some of that equipment on the buildings may be Clearwire only, I'm not sure what their antennas look like compared to the NV equipment.

I was in the parking lot of 12004 Sunrise Valley Drive which is at the corner of Sunrise Valley/Reston Parkway. I didn't have time to figure out exactly which tower is doing the broadcasting to get a better signal and speed test. This is the red/tan Sprint (maybe former Sprint) building.

I would say your chances are slim of getting a signal inside the Reston International Center since I believe there is a tower in that building as well as the one white Sprint building across Reston Parkway.

Some of that equipment on the buildings may be Clearwire only, I'm not sure what their antennas look like compared to the NV equipment.

Clearwire panels are quite different compared to NV RRUs.

Here's a pic i took a bit back of some workers 'repairing' the panels. All are legacy stuff btw and should look different than the NV upgraded stuff.

AJUlW.jpg

What's up with the chicken pocks going around the city? Lol. Some news is good news.

I was in Springfield, VA this morning and had LTE. It was surprisingly fast as well. I'm not sure if it is testing or on for good but progress is being made.

I'm getting crazy fast lte in Fairfax off jermantown the road near route 50. 1st almost 25 mb download speeds. I uploaded about 150 spots to sensorly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just picked up some LTE right outside of tune in, I'll post speed tests later

Sent from a mobile toaster

• Like 1

Someone did a Sensorly track on I66 Between US50 and Rte 123

Temple Hill/Marlow Heights: Mapped some points in a neighborhood off St Barnabas Rd, then St Barnabas to Branch Ave until it quit right before Southern Ave.

Temple Hill/Marlow Heights: Mapped some points in a neighborhood off St Barnabas Rd, then St Barnabas to Branch Ave until it quit right before Southern Ave.

I was able to pick it up on Southern Ave.. near Naylor Rd.

I got my first taste of it today at the BJ's in Alexandria. It looked like that area was recently mapped on sensorly but I did not realize it. Boy was it nice.

Has anyone sucessfully connected to LTE with an EVO LTE ? I've been in several of the mapped sites on sensorly in VA and have not picked up LTE. I have toggled airplane mode in addition to the 4636 menu of LTE only with still no luck...

I haven't had any trouble connecting with mine.