Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

So the OC and LA markets will not be able to use the 800mhz due to the US/Mexico agreement?

I haven't heard of that. LA and OC markets should have 800 MHz LTE

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 2

I need 800. Signal strenght at work is terrible in Laguna Niguel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I also live and work in laguna, there is spotty 4g aground, and 800 not for a willed

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Speedtest.

uploadfromtaptalk1371666273697.jpg

finally noticed last night ***4g from the Huntington harbor across from sunset aquatic--

couldn't connect to sensorly for some reason will check tonight 

see pic --13up--7down

post-10999-0-03318800-1371764064_thumb.png

Man, I wish Sprint would hurry up already. I so made the right decision last year by not getting the S3 last year. The rep was trying to get me to upgrade to a phone that I didn't find visually compelling at all by telling me LTE is coming late summer of 2012. :P

And here we are in June 2013 and still no LTE. I did get a teaser of LTE a few days ago when it suddenly lit up on my S4 and I saw DL of 18.7Mbps.

Is anyone having trouble connecting to 4G ? I havent been able to connect in OC at all today. 

Evo 3D (WiMax 4G) owner here.  Just to add,I haven't been getting 4G speeds for nearly 2 months.  And to add another, there has been a series of drop calls.  At this rate I'm going with Verizon or At&t.

Evo 3D (WiMax 4G) owner here.  Just to add,I haven't been getting 4G speeds for nearly 2 months.  And to add another, there has been a series of drop calls.  At this rate I'm going with Verizon or At&t.

Most of us don't use Sprints wimax service anymore. We're on LTE. So come join the party. Get a new phone ;)

Is anyone having trouble connecting to 4G ? I havent been able to connect in OC at all today. 

Yesterday from around 2-5 I too was plagued with no LTE. Tower at Lakeview and 91. I could only get 3G to show up. I was still showing 3G even after I got home when usually its the opposite. Finally around 5ish is when everything started working again. Weird?

Most of us don't use Sprints wimax service anymore. We're on LTE. So come join the party. Get a new phone ;)

Yesterday from around 2-5 I too was plagued with no LTE. Tower at Lakeview and 91. I could only get 3G to show up. I was still showing 3G even after I got home when usually its the opposite. Finally around 5ish is when everything started working again. Weird?

Had the same issues around the same time you did. Wasn't able to connect to 4G in Garden Grove, right in front of the tower. Near Brea on my way home, neither by my house where thes a tower with LTE for a few weeks now. It came back on while I was at the gym around 5pm.. probable a 4G network outage 

Had the same issues around the same time you did. Wasn't able to connect to 4G in Garden Grove, right in front of the tower. Near Brea on my way home, neither by my house where thes a tower with LTE for a few weeks now. It came back on while I was at the gym around 5pm.. probable a 4G network outage 

Would you be having the same issue now? Lol. Just a couple of hours ago LTE popped off again. Now I'm stuck on this 3G junk. Really needed speed so I could get all apps re updated since I just did s off finally. And updated my rom.

Man, I wish Sprint would hurry up already. I so made the right decision last year by not getting the S3 last year. The rep was trying to get me to upgrade to a phone that I didn't find visually compelling at all by telling me LTE is coming late summer of 2012. :P

And here we are in June 2013 and still no LTE. I did get a teaser of LTE a few days ago when it suddenly lit up on my S4 and I saw DL of 18.7Mbps.

Last time I checked, it's not late summer yet.

FYI, no LTE in Garden Grove from my buddies iPhone5.

I don't live in Garden Grove but I pick up LTE when I visit Costco and Arirang supermarket.

Visited Disneyland last night, and I must say 4G coverage is increasing inside the park. Before I was only able to connect to LTE in California Adventure.

On thing to note is that Disneyland is no longer using Iden Nextel radios inside the park, now they are using Motorola radios. Only saw Nextel radios being used at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney.

Visited Disneyland last night, and I must say 4G coverage is increasing inside the park. Before I was only able to connect to LTE in California Adventure.

On thing to note is that Disneyland is no longer using Iden Nextel radios inside the park, now they are using Motorola radios. Only saw Nextel radios being used at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney.

That was the one good thing about Disney when A) i had nextel and B) had a season pass.  I was the only one in the group with cell coverage in all those crazy underground rides.

Still waiting on Huntington Beach. 

Sprint's connection in Orange on Tustin and Katella has been really shitty lately and they say nothing is wrong over there. I get 0 bars often, roam frequently, and data switches between 1x, 3G, and 4G. Even after Sprint refreshed my device remotely and had me do an PRL and Profile update, it's still bad.

I thought it may be somewhat due to mods on my S4 but my boss is having the same problem on her stock iPhone 5.

Any one know what's going on with Sprint over in that area?

Sprint's connection in Orange on Tustin and Katella has been really shitty lately and they say nothing is wrong over there. I get 0 bars often, roam frequently, and data switches between 1x, 3G, and 4G. Even after Sprint refreshed my device remotely and had me do an PRL and Profile update, it's still bad.

I thought it may be somewhat due to mods on my S4 but my boss is having the same problem on her stock iPhone 5.

Any one know what's going on with Sprint over in that area?

This usually indicates they are working on the site that services that area, but I can't say for sure. Newport Beach's 3g has been really slow lately near Hoag hospital so hopefully that are working on the site for that area also. =]]

I'm going to asked about that I think some can be replaced but not all due to age and maybe location. My sales rep is the same rep that handles that account I will ask her.

Disney got iphones and motorola 2 way radios a few days before the iDen shut off. Any updates ?

Is it my imagination or has the LTE additions to NV cell sites become very slow?  I haven't noticed any new LTE coverage in my area of Orange County in at least a couple of months.  Seems like they got a bunch of LTE added in a short period of time and then nothing since.

Is it my imagination or has the LTE additions to NV cell sites become very slow?  I haven't noticed any new LTE coverage in my area of Orange County in at least a couple of months.  Seems like they got a bunch of LTE added in a short period of time and then nothing since.

I have noticed the samething. Hopefully things will speed back up now that the Softbank/Sprint/Clearwire is finally approved and is headed for completion this month.

Damn, you guys were right. For owning the one for almost a week now I would have to say I am definitely warning up to blinkfeed. I like that it is just the article with the option to go to the main article if you want to read the comments. On another note, has anyone heard about the speakers being blown out? Since this phone is hard to fix if not impossible, I never put the volume all the way up to be on the safe side.

Oops, wrong thread :-P

Called Sprint again today b/c of the continuing data connection problem in Orange on Tustin/Katella. After initially saying there were no problems, they told me today that they have identified a dead cell at one of the towers and a technician will be sent out. Does anyone know how long this type of repair normally takes?

When I was troubleshooting the data connection problem on my own using an app, I saw my phone jumping from one tower to the next within seconds from each other. The app traced my phone connecting to 7 different towers while I was sitting down at the same spot! And my signal bar was fluctuating like crazy, going from zero bars to full to roaming and so on and so on. So annoying~!

It looks like it's not all of Southern Cali that gets screwed, but it does look like all of Orange County after all. And the SE corner of LA County. It might not all be because of the IBEZ. There may be another SMR license holder in the area too. Seems like I remember AJ mentioning this before.

In the graphic below, you can see a map of the LA Metro market. The red sites will not receive any 800 MHZ service (CDMA or LTE). There are some areas here and there that will not get 800 for other reasons. But you can see all of SE LA County doesn't receive 800. That has to be either from the IBEZ or because of possibly another license holder in Orange County.

gallery_1_1_107304.jpg

Robert

Where was this map retrieved from?  Also is there a way to confirm that there is another SMR license holder in the region? Hopefully this is because of the IBEZ and hopefully be resolved with the reband plan.  This map confirms why the 2 NV upgraded sites out in Hacienda/Rowland Heights only have 1900 MHz RRUs installed but it does have the 800 and 1900 MHz NV panels installed.  This is good in that if the 800 MHz were allowed to be deployed at some point in the future they wouldn't need to have a NV panel swap and simply add a 800 MHz RRU for support.

• Like 1