Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

I just did a speed test at harbor and garden grove while waiting at the speed light.  I got 21782 kbps down and 6435 kbps up with 43 ms ping.  Damn that's fast LTE.

• Like 1

I just did a speed test at harbor and garden grove while waiting at the speed light.  I got 21782 kbps down and 6435 kbps up with 43 ms ping.  Damn that's fast LTE.

yeah that tower is on crack. I got nearly 28mbps down while in Dennys last month. 

• Like 1

Well I live in north OC and the Fry's off of La Palma and Miller always has a tent for Clear's service, I remember the first time I saw that I had the EVO 3D, and I flipped the 4G switch on and I basically had WiMAX everywhere I went nearby. I wouldn't say it's blanketed, but there's a very good amount of spectrum in their hands now. Just a matter of how soon it gets used.

SPRINT IF YOU GUYS EVER READ THIS. Put a damn mobile unit at the OC Fair and at the US Open. Whats wrong with you guys? No phone calls no text simply unusable.

Well don't yell at us!

Put in a ticket to Sprint or something. And keep pestering. 

Receiving limited LTE in La Habra and Brea...seems to be a tower lit up on Central near Berry, picking up speeds between 6 and 10 Mbps.  The site at Imperial and Harbor and the site hidden in the clock tower at La Bonita Park don't seem to have LTE yet, but unknown to me previously there is a little site close to Whittier and Euclid that's lit up pretty good...

Picked up some LTE this morning on my way to work on Chapman and Prospect in Orange by the 55...ran a quick speed test at a light and got 9820kbps down and 2995kbps up. Not bad! I honestly wasn't expecting to see any LTE in this area till later this year at the rate things had been progressing!

Picked up some LTE this morning on my way to work on Chapman and Prospect in Orange by the 55...ran a quick speed test at a light and got 9820kbps down and 2995kbps up. Not bad! I honestly wasn't expecting to see any LTE in this area till later this year at the rate things had been progressing!

I saw them working on a tower over there a month ago. Didn't think it would be up so quick. Tower was at Chapman and  the 55

EVO 3D user here.  After months with no 4G in sight, the weirdest thing happened two weeks ago; I’ve been receiving 4G WiMax feeds around Garden Grove and Santa Ana.  Especially around the Chapman / Brookhurst intersection point with Speedtest calling out 8Mbps and topping out at 12 Mbps.  If I’m getting these speeds with WiMax, I wonder how well a LTE phone will perform.

Edited by kwongsam1985

That is strange cause 4G Wimax is real strong in Garden Grove and Santa Ana areas when I had my Nexus S4G. LTE is good off Euclid and Garden grove. As many of the towers are broadcasting LTE

EVO 3D user here.  After months with no 4G in sight, the weirdest thing happened two weeks ago; I’ve been receiving 4G WiMax feeds around Garden Grove and Santa Ana.  Especially around the Chapman / Brookhurst intersection point with Speedtest calling out 8Mbps and topping out at 12 Mbps.  If I’m getting these speeds with WiMax, I wonder how well a LTE phone will perform.

Thats pretty good for wimax. Think I had 7 or 8mbps as my highest back with the og evo. LTE phones have seen as high as 30mbps here in OC. You can check out sensorly.com to see where Wimax 4G is broadcasting. I know I havent had much luck with LTE at Chapman and Brookhurst but up at Katella its decent. Except this weekend where my family and I have been voice roaming. Weird that this would be happening since the towers in that area have been up and running for a month or so. Guess they had an issue recently. 

Ugh, LTE is flawless in my area for a day, then gone for a week. Then it comes back for a day, then the next day I get very spotty service, then I wait a week again for 4G. This is getting annoying. It's very clear it works because when it's on I haven't had a disconnect and my speeds are incredible. Does anyone know why they don't just leave them on? What better way to test them than real world usage?

Ugh, LTE is flawless in my area for a day, then gone for a week. Then it comes back for a day, then the next day I get very spotty service, then I wait a week again for 4G. This is getting annoying. It's very clear it works because when it's on I haven't had a disconnect and my speeds are incredible. Does anyone know why they don't just leave them on? What better way to test them than real world usage?

Gear is being installed, re-positioned, and just not entirely ready for prime time yet. But its coming. 

I'm currently in Sunnyville on vacation and SignalCheckPro showed this.

http://db.tt/9cYy7iD6

http://db.tt/ovRWMxLV

The voice part means that I'm picking up 800MHz, right?

What do my screenshots say about my 4G LTE connection?

And man, the LTE situation here is much better than back at home in Orange County. Unlike in the OC, I get and maintain LTE even inside malls, shops, and buildings.

I'm currently in Sunnyville on vacation and SignalCheckPro showed this.

http://db.tt/9cYy7iD6

http://db.tt/ovRWMxLV

The voice part means that I'm picking up 800MHz, right?

What do my screenshots say about my 4G LTE connection?

And man, the LTE situation here is much better than back at home in Orange County. Unlike in the OC, I get and maintain LTE even inside malls, shops, and buildings.

That is weird that it is showing 800 for LTE. The LTE has to be  in the 1900 range while the voice/text can be in the 800 range. As for LTE in the malls and buildings, the coverage can be boosted by either it is more concentrated or there is a serving cell site near by allowing the waves to penetrated into the structure. I sadly have to admit that lately OC has been frustrating, everywhere I go it is either unusable 3g or unusable 4g, good connections fade very quickly and only appear near freeway on ramps. I hope it gets a lot better. So far there has not been any phone releases supporting LTE 800 or 2600.

Come on sprint. Pick up the deployment in OC already.  

• On 8/12, Orange County - 4 updates (3 LTE).
  • This is what needs to happen here.  I would like to see this or better, daily.
  • Like 1

• On 8/12, Orange County - 4 updates (3 LTE).
  • This is what needs to happen here.  I would like to see this or better, daily.

Please remember, this is Orange Curtain, Land of the "not in my back yard," "what about the children," "cell phones kill people," and the "grease my back i'll grease your genitals" politicians adding everything possible to make life hell.

• Like 3

I foresee two things happening here.

1. Closing of this thread & loooong vacations for the perpetrators 

2. Debating and arguing in a manner suitable for a forum with rules such as these
    Esp this one. 

"To provide a forum for discussion and education about wireless spectrum, networks, and Sprint Network Vision, in particular, in an online community that is mature, intelligent, and free from uncritical negativity."

I wonder which choice will be taken. 

Edit: As requested, the offending posts have been dealt with. If you wish to argue about semantics then take it to private messages.

Edited by lilotimz

Posted back in April on the official Sprint website from a person with supposedly inside knowledge was the status of the 4G roll out. (This post may have already been reviewed, but I am too lazy to wade through 44 pages of postings.) The information this person provided looks to be pretty accurate, especially as to the Orange County numbers. Here is the info provided:

Orange County, California ...Sites Complete = 32%; Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2013 ...Original Scheduled Completion = August 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = January 2014[/size]

*I see this post has been removed, but just as a reminder* 

This information comes from our own Robert, from the NV Running List thread. The dates for completion are pure speculation, and not an actual forecast at all. The date is calculated using the last 3 weeks completion, and comparing against the number of sites still needing upgrades. If the rate of production increases or decreases at all, that date can move around wildly; from January 2015, to December 2013, so don't put any bets on that date. See the new stats:

Orange County (California)

NV Sites Accepted = 55%

LTE Sites Accepted = 27%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Summer 2013

Original Scheduled Completion = August 2013

Current Production Rate Completion = January 2014

Driving back home to the OC from San Fran and we're currently at a rest stop in booney city of King City. And even they have 4g LTE here already, LOL~!

• Like 1

I am in Laguna Beach and the situation is far different than it was a year ago. Last year the cell service at the beach was unusable. Today it is around 23000 down, 6200 up and 40ms. Also, I believe a new 4g tower north east of the Laguna Art museum is ready to be accepted as it looks like signal pro is saying I'm getting 4g from that tower and I just say Cox vans move from the area. Go Sprint... Make my speculative investments pay off!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2