Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

I had 3g signal but no voice or data service for about two hours last night in Tustin. Is that normal during tower upgrades?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

To be honest, I'd say anything is normal during NV. Could be they were changing out backhaul, who knows. I've had 3G one day, roaming or no service the next, then LTE the day after that, all in my office at work. We just all have to be patient - it is coming. Just be glad we're not in Vegas. I've been here for the last few days - over the weekend I had absolutely no data connection at all, even with 3G and a -72 dB signal. Come Monday morning, I could use my phone again. The towers here must have weak capacity, and were overloaded when so many people were higher. It will get better in Vegas too - just takes time.

To be honest, I'd say anything is normal during NV. Could be they were changing out backhaul, who knows. I've had 3G one day, roaming or no service the next, then LTE the day after that, all in my office at work. We just all have to be patient - it is coming. Just be glad we're not in Vegas. I've been here for the last few days - over the weekend I had absolutely no data connection at all, even with 3G and a -72 dB signal. Come Monday morning, I could use my phone again. The towers here must have weak capacity, and were overloaded when so many people were higher. It will get better in Vegas too - just takes time.

Slowly but surely! Only if more LTE towers would be signed off weekly.

I'm finally getting LTE at my office in Orange near the corner of La Veta and Main st. I get pretty good speeds on the 11th floor but when I go downstairs and exit the building, it goes back to 3G. Speeds ranged from 1.27 to 6.73.post-4602-0-90732600-1366833304_thumb.png

For all the iPhone users, do you guys know if the 3G is ever gonna be 4G? Or is it just 3G and LTE? I know when my friends on AT&T turn off LTE it goes to 4G

ATT's "4G" is lies. Their HSPA+ implementation is 14.4mbps and is 3.5g at best (plain HSUPA 5.76mbps is 3g) and they updated the iphone to show "4g" because every android phone coming out was "4g".

It's either 4G LTE or 3g EVDO for sprint and verizon. HSPA+ 14.4 or LTE for ATT and DC-HSPA 42+ or HSPA+21 + LTE for T-mobile.

ATT's "4G" is lies. Their HSPA+ implementation is 14.4mbps and is 3.5g at best (plain HSUPA 5.76mbps is 3g) and they updated the iphone to show "4g" because every android phone coming out was "4g".

It's either 4G LTE or 3g EVDO for sprint and verizon. HSPA+ 14.4 or LTE for ATT and DC-HSPA 42+ or HSPA+21 + LTE for T-mobile.

oh haha didn't know this, thanks!

Got 4g down seal beach blvd to PCH last night around the weapons station, went south down PCH across the bridge, i live just south of the simple green building and of course as soon as i got to my driveway --back to 3g--but its close---but the difference is shocking, the pic is from the corner of PCH and Seal beach Blvd around 10 MG down, but from my balcony less then 1 mile away i have trouble just logging on to any data network and when it connects i get around 350 kbps-(3g)-that's sad--

Still mapping

post-10999-0-65639600-1366897035_thumb.png

Got 4g down seal beach blvd to PCH last night around the weapons station, went south down PCH across the bridge, i live just south of the simple green building and of course as soon as i got to my driveway --back to 3g--but its close---but the difference is shocking, the pic is from the corner of PCH and Seal beach Blvd around 10 MG down, but from my balcony less then 1 mile away i have trouble just logging on to any data network and when it connects i get around 350 kbps-(3g)-that's sad--

Still mapping

That's awesome. We'll probably have LTE at Harbor House an Daimon now! Ha.

if LTE is broadcasting from a tower does it have the same range as 3g or a less than 3g? i am sitting in my room and i got lte for a sec and switched back to 3g (happened 4-5 times). under the "view LTE available file" i have the same tower i am connected to for 3g show up. same tower ( nid, bsid, sid) also shows up in "LTE discovery" app. this is happening to 3 towers in total around my me. any reason why this be?

my usual ev-do rssi: -80 dBm (according to SignalCheck app)

if LTE is broadcasting from a tower does it have the same range as 3g or a less than 3g? i am sitting in my room and i got lte for a sec and switched back to 3g (happened 4-5 times). under the "view LTE available file" i have the same tower i am connected to for 3g show up. same tower ( nid, bsid, sid) also shows up in "LTE discovery" app. this is happening to 3 towers in total around my me. any reason why this be?

Short answer is yes

so it will stay shorter than 3g? or is it only because its the beginning phase of deployment?

thank you for your reply

If you have weak 3g then you will have weak LTE. LTE will not over grow 3g. I have no idea where you are but I can tell you from past post what seems to happen with NV rollout is 3g starts to get flaky may even go down. Then it will come back and now you have LTE for short burst as it is tested. Then depanding on a lot of factors it might or might not stay on. If you use the sensorly website to see if your area is up on LTE.

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

oh ok, i guess i'll wait few more weeks see how it plays out. i have been checking the sensorly website, i am near the 22 freeway and i tried mapping brief moment of 4g myself but it didn't capture the 'points' due to weak signal. thank you for your response i greatly appreciate it.

oh ok, i guess i'll wait few more weeks see how it plays out. i have been checking the sensorly website, i am near the 22 freeway and i tried mapping brief moment of 4g myself but it didn't capture the 'points' due to weak signal. thank you for your response i greatly appreciate it.

FYI Sensorly is a way unreliable source. There are a ton of areas not mapped with LTE!

FYI Sensorly is a way unreliable source. There are a ton of areas not mapped with LTE!

Sensorly is a very reliable source. People just need to understand what it is, and what it is not. That's the issue. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Sensorly is a very reliable source. People just need to understand what it is, and what it is not. That's the issue. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Robert reliable in the way of people not knowing what it is and when they should be using it!\

• Like 1

Robert reliable in the way of people not knowing what it is and when they should be using it!\

Actually, if you use the phone app, which is all i use, you can definately tell where a tower is as far as mapping went. Being a sponsor and in the OC area, you should check the sensorly map relative to the towers, and you can see the differences and distances of the signal. I know that in HB i'm a good mile and change from the beach/indianapolis tower and it shows thusly on sensorly. The only thing i would see as unreliable may be the carryover from towers and the density of signal.

Mapped some pretty strong 4g LTE in Huntington Beach tonight...the same day I received my beautiful HTC One! Serendipity! Strong signal at Beach & Atlanta, all the way North on Beach to nearly Garfield. I ran Sensorly, I hope it shows up! C'mon Sprint! Roll it out!

My LTEVO in LTE only mode will pick up 4g around beach/garfield and garfield/goldenwest. I'm waiting for the tower on main and florida to turn on. that should go up another few blocks to maybe talbert...

All things being equal, you will drop LTE before you drop 3G. It's not that the LTE signal is weaker, but the airlink is more fragial, so you need a stronger signal for it to be usefull. If you are far enough, or have enough interference from buildings, you will drop LTE back to 3G, even if the signal is from the same tower.

• Like 1

i"ve noticed that even through 4g is on the notification bar trying to just conduct a speed test is a exercise in patience,

i see sensory has mapped me to my front door, but there is no way i can log on to the 4g network from my balcony with a straight 3 mile shot to the tower as the crow fly s across the nave base with out a obstruction in sight...

ps --sorry to "s4gru" for posting a snippet of the live nv sites, i should know better, wont happen again

Wondering if anyone here has been experiences any lte issues as I have. Im lucky enough to have lte at home and at work. But at times when I'm connected with good strength I get no loading at all. Like for example; I try to go to google.com. 4G symbol is on top but there is no upload/download activity. If I turn off 4G radio and pin it on 3G I get data up and down with no issue and pages load just fine. I reconnect 4G try same thing and my connection just hangs. Its an on again off again thing which is just weird to me since it more works than hangs. Any insight to why this is happening? Or is it just merely Sprint doing testing and of course still building out the network?

Sensorly gets it data from the users. And I have found the more you put in the more you get out of it. With that said not everyday users that walk around with LTE phones even log on to this site or have a clue about Sensorly. I have found it to be spot on for me. If you look down south in Aliso Viejo you will see one little round purple spot that was me I think. I woke up one day turn on my phone and bam had LTE just 1 bar but it was LTE and I loaded up Sensorly and mapped it. And with in 2 hours it was on the map. Pretty damn good for a free site and free APP.

• Like 2