Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

No data on at work. 3G icon is on but bars are white, meaning that I'm not connected to google servers (Blue bars) . Its been like this for almost 2 hours. Im located in Costa Mesa border line of Fountain Valley.

Anyone else with Sprint with you having the same issue?

Anyone else with Sprint with you having the same issue?

Getting strange connection problems today I didn't have yesterday. Normally have strong signal in our house with 3G, up to 2 Mbps, woke up today to almost no bars, and roaming. (Orange - Chapman and Jamboree.) Also, this morning in Brea near Birch and Valencia, got LTE at about 9:30am in an area of our building where I usually only get 3G, but by 10am it was gone. On the other side of the building, where I've had LTE since mid February, the LTE signal is so weak today it barely works. Keeps switching back to 3G.

All this just leads me to believe that something's up, as usual during NV. They're probably working on equipment all over the place. And I know I can't expect the LTE to be reliable yet, just because it's been on steadily for a few weeks. This is why it drives me crazy that people want to map coverage the second it gets turned on. Guess what? When they first turned on one of the sites near the 91 and 55, it got mapped all over the place, way up into Brea. Well, after they adjusted the site, and set the downtilt, it no longer broadcasts LTE signal that far. Not even close.

Expecting any of the LTE coverage to be strong, reliable, consistent, etc., would be like hopping in your car and taking it for a spin in the middle of getting your tires changed, and they've only changed two of the four. It ain't done yet.

I'm frequently in Newport beach and I havent had a single lte connection. What parts are you referring to?

I know Balboa had some LTE over the weekend, I will hit the beach tomorrow or friday and update the LTE status... (iphone - no mapping)

The site over the triangle shopping center in Costa Mesa (Newport Blvd and Harbor) is finally active again, pulled down over 10Mbps when I passed by today (330p) on Newport blvd. Will check daily when I commute past.

Best week yet IMO for sprint users in OC :). Hope coverage stabilizes soon.

I know Balboa had some LTE over the weekend, I will hit the beach tomorrow or friday and update the LTE status... (iphone - no mapping)

The site over the triangle shopping center in Costa Mesa (Newport Blvd and Harbor) is finally active again, pulled down over 10Mbps when I passed by today (330p) on Newport blvd. Will check daily when I commute past.

What I was just there and had nothing. When I go to 24hr later I'll check it out. Maybe its on/off right now

Also I think you might have been seeing LTE from the back bay site.

Oh...I'm not that far oc haha. Hopefully both areas light up a lot more very soon.

I have been maping in laguna niguel, laguna beach, san Juan and Dana point, geting some LTE in those areas

What I was just there and had nothing. When I go to 24hr later I'll check it out. Maybe its on/off right now

I stopped in the El Matador parking lot a few times today to run speed tests because I was picking up LTE,. I know it was on pretty solid this afternoon/evening and still is as of about 9pm.. Does anyone know where the the tower is that is making the purple spec over harbor and Newport blvd on Sensorly?

Also I think you might have been seeing LTE from the back bay site.

I thought it may have been a random line of sight connection I picked up on the peninsula, it was a VERY delicate signal. Will go check it out again this weekend.

Edited by Spiphone

Hey ladies Newport has LTE at 17th and Irvine. Doesnt look like anyone has mapped it and it sure is spitting out a signal for miles. It's on the La Cave building I think!

I always drive past that spot and my phone never switches to 4G. I know someone who has a note 2 and says 4G comes in and out, I am trying ton convince him to map but he doesn't care to map =/

This is probably a newb question. What is the difference between a "cell" and "EvdoA" when looking at the results in speedtest.net app? I am think it means the EvdoA is from the site where as the cell is a picocell.

I always drive past that spot and my phone never switches to 4G.

I've been getting 4G at Newport Blvd. and Broadway in Costa Mesa. My phone doesn't always switch to 4G automatically; toggling airplane mode on and off seems to fix that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Edited by aroot

Well guys, last Friday I notice they fired up a good amount of these towers and being a week later I see nothing new. Kinda of a bummer. If you guys have seen anything new let us know!

I've had LTE in my office in Brea (weak, but there) for the last five weeks, but today it's been off all day. Strange.

i see a purple blobs at hazard and magnolia and westminster mall. looks like westminster is lighting up slowly

Unfortunately This is the fact. Not only westminster has a slow rate in upgrade but also cypress, Huntington Beach and fountain valley.

City of Orange where I live is also very slow. We have 16 cell sites in the city and not a single one has LTE yet. Only two out of the 16 have been NV upgraded. No signs of any construction on the other 14 either.