Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

Band 41 at Waipahu Town Center

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Awesome. That's one of my 2 spots where I hang out for real good Kalua pig and lau lau (at Highway Inn). The other is at Jackie's Diner (excellent pasteles) on Kamehameha Highway and Hekaha Street in the Waimalu shopping center.

Great, now I'm making myself hungry.

TS

• Like 2

Awesome. That's one of my 2 spots where I hang out for real good Kalua pig and lau lau (at Highway Inn). The other is at Jackie's Diner (excellent pasteles) on Kamehameha Highway and Hekaha Street in the Waimalu shopping center.

Great, now I'm making myself hungry.

TS

Just curious, is that pronounced just like in Dragon Ball Z?

Just curious, is that pronounced just like in Dragon Ball Z?

DBZ's Kamehameha is a double entendre.  Originally the name for the attack was Kame or turtle attack, but Akira Toriyama thought it needed a better name.  His wife suggested Kamehameha which in Hawaiian means 'the one set apart' and in Japanese meaning Kame (turtle) hameha (destruction).  So technically it is supposed to sound the same but it sounds a little different in Japanese.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was in Maui over the weekend and B26 is active and working well. Saw it in Kahului as well as in West Maui north of Kaanapali. Lahaina itself as well as most of Kaanapali is 3G, but it was usable. Didn't see any B41. I was staying in the hills just north of Kaanapali (for those of you familiar with the area, the mountain side of the main highway) and my phone held onto B26 (it stayed around -105 dbm) especially on the upper floor. On the lower floor, it sometimes would connect and it would work, but otherwise would be on 1x 800/EHRPD (which was still usable for data). This was a single family home with a good amount of shrubbery/trees around 3 sides of the house and the B26 speeds were around 7 mpbs. You could definitely see the reach of B26, since according to the maps, there's only one tower that's LTE accepted in all of West Maui.

I also had my AT&T work iPhone which pretty much stayed connected to LTE. At times it would drop to 4G (HSPA) but speeds were still sufficient (in the 2-3 mbps range). In the middle of Lahaina, I got 30 mbps down on LTE.

Between West Maui and Kahului, both Sprint and AT&T dropped to 1x or Edge at times when you're driving along the coast.

• Like 1

Hey Hawaii Peeps, have you seen what Mobi is doing. Last year, they sold their spectrum and towers to Verizon. Now they are advertising MVNO plans with either Verizon or Sprint as the carrier. Their rates appear to be a total rip-off. For example, for $160, I get 20 GB of shared data for 4 lines from Sprint. For the same amount, I'd get 5GB from Mobi on the Sprint network. What are they thinking?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Hawaii Peeps, have you seen what Mobi is doing. Last year, they sold their spectrum and towers to Verizon. Now they are advertising MVNO plans with either Verizon or Sprint as the carrier. Their rates appear to be a total rip-off. For example, for $160, I get 20 GB of shared data for 4 lines from Sprint. For the same amount, I'd get 5GB from Mobi on the Sprint network. What are they thinking?

That pricing is way out of line. You'd have to be off your rocker to sign up for that.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 1

That pricing is way out of line. You'd have to be off your rocker to sign up for that.

They're probably preying on their "loyal" customers who think mobi is the best

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I think they either negotiated really bad rates prior to the price wars with T-Mobile or are just trying to gouge people who have no credit, or brains.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My market thread seems dead, permit in sponsors section seems like it hasn't updated in months.

Can anybody from the Hawaii - Maui region confirm B26 is active, Went to a sprint store they claim it isn't but someone else there claim it's rolled out. I just think they don't know what they're talking about.

My market thread seems dead, permit in sponsors section seems like it hasn't updated in months.

Can anybody from the Hawaii - Maui region confirm B26 is active, Went to a sprint store they claim it isn't but someone else there claim it's rolled out. I just think they don't know what they're talking about.

A simple search in the last few posts of this thread would have answered your question without starting a new thread. Therefore, your question has been moved to the appropriate thread.

• Like 1

A simple search in the last few posts of this thread would have answered your question without starting a new thread. Therefore, your question has been moved to the appropriate thread.

Why won't it read?!

BxH3DZvCYAAl1ip.jpg

Because reading is hard.  Being lazy, not doing research, and asking redundant questions are easy.

AJ

• Like 1

Why won't it read?!

Because reading is hard.  Being lazy, not doing research, and asking redundant questions are easy.

AJ

I had already seen that post, I'm just trying to get other input in my area to chime in on B26

Was in Maui over the weekend and B26 is active and working well. ...

What about that ^^ leaves any questions? 

Human CentiPad!!!

The disturbing part is that "South Park" episode was based on an actual 2009 Dutch horror film, "The Human Centipede," a film which is some utterly f@#cked up s&*t.

1280px-Still8_Human_Centipede_cropped.jp

You would think that the wide availability of prostitution and marijuana would relax the Dutch.  Nope.  Some of their horror films are almost unwatchable.  Do you know of "Spoorloos"?  It was released in English speaking countries as "The Vanishing."  Then, the same director remade it five years later as a Hollywood financed, English language production with a sanitized ending.  The ending of the original film is just claustrophobically brutal.

AJ