Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

Is this sprints cell site?

This is what it looks like today,

I noticed they took off the panels today and added new ones around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see any Sprint equipment there. Does this line up with any of the sites on the Sponsor maps?

I don't see any Sprint equipment there. Does this line up with any of the sites on the Sponsor maps?

Not sure, I'll check later I'm on mobile.

I did a FCC lookup on that site and it looks like Sprint owns it but the permit or application is marked as "cancelled" but that's from 2002.. Hmm

Not sure, I'll check later I'm on mobile.

I did a FCC lookup on that site and it looks like Sprint owns it but the permit or application is marked as "cancelled" but that's from 2002.. Hmm

Chance are Sprint does not own the site. Sprint only owns a handful of sites nationwide.

Based on the address listed in your Google street view photo, that is not a Sprint site. Always cross-check with the Sponsor maps since you have access. 

Chance are Sprint does not own the site. Sprint only owns a handful of sites nationwide.

Based on the address listed in your Google street view photo, that is not a Sprint site. Always cross-check with the Sponsor maps since you have access.

That's not the address for that tower, I think that's behind it. It should be on Dairy Rd. I'll check it myself in a few moments.

Do you know whose cell site it could be? Here's the FCC reg on that site, http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistration.jsp?regKey=2621579

That's not the address for that tower, I think that's behind it. It should be on Dairy Rd. I'll check it myself in a few moments.

Do you know whose cell site it could be? Here's the FCC reg on that site, http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistration.jsp?regKey=2621579

I just used the address as a guide to find the site on Google. It's still not a Sprint site. I do not know who's site it is.

Sent from my LG G4

I just used the address as a guide to find the site on Google. It's still not a Sprint site. I do not know who's site it is.

Sent from my LG G4

Ah, maybe one of the small local carriers like Mobi PCS.

Thanks for your help!

Ah, maybe one of the small local carriers like Mobi PCS.

Thanks for your help!

Mobi sold all of their sites to Verizon last year. They are an MVNO now (with terrible pricing).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ah, Maybe they weren't selling too well?

They must have made a terrible deal. They offer plans using Verizon and Sprint's networks. For $160, through Mobi, I can get 5gb of shared data on Sprint. Right now I pay Sprint $160 for 20gb of shared data. I don't know why they're still in business.

They must have made a terrible deal. They offer plans using Verizon and Sprint's networks. For $160, through Mobi, I can get 5gb of shared data on Sprint. Right now I pay Sprint $160 for 20gb of shared data. I don't know why they're still in business.

Hmm, I don't they'll be here for long.. Every Mobi PCS store I see is empty.

Hmm, I don't they'll be here for long.. Every Mobi PCS store I see is empty.

They were connected to Sandwich Islands and Albert Hee. When the FCC shut down that boondoggle, their source of capital dried up. Matter of time before they're in Bankruptcy Court IMHO. Maybe that's why their CEO is trying to get a Medical Marijuana license.

Sent from my LG G4

http://www.antennasearch.com/sitestart.asp?sourcepagename=antennachecktowerreview&getpagename=pgtowerdetail_fcc&cmdrequest=getpage&ipos=8&registration_number=1231274

Looks like it's a T-Mobile site, Hopefully maybe Sprint will jump on that tower (doesn't look like it's got room for more than 1 carrier)

That cell site near Dairy Road at Kahului, has a new carrier on it!!

I'll try and snap some pics on it, it kinda looks like the panels on the equipment spotting thread for Alcatel-Lucent, And Hawai'i is a Alcatel-Lucent market.. Hmmm is it possible this is a new site Sprint has leased?

Sprint already has a Clearwire site also on Dairy road, so not sure what's going on but he's hoping it's Sprint if not I'll be hoping Sprint will convert that Clear site as that section of town needs it.

One of these suckers must be Clear, as Clear marks this location with a tower icon

54203f638f.jpg

Literally down the block this is that site with a new carrier ontop (pics upclose coming tomorrow)

e22674324e.jpg

That cell site near Dairy Road at Kahului, has a new carrier on it!!

I'll try and snap some pics on it, it kinda looks like the panels on the equipment spotting thread for Alcatel-Lucent, And Hawai'i is a Alcatel-Lucent market.. Hmmm is it possible this is a new site Sprint has leased?

Sprint already has a Clearwire site also on Dairy road, so not sure what's going on but he's hoping it's Sprint if not I'll be hoping Sprint will convert that Clear site as that section of town needs it.

One of these suckers must be Clear, as Clear marks this location with a tower icon

Literally down the block this is that site with a new carrier ontop (pics upclose coming tomorrow)

2015-10-16_22-55-26.png

It's quite possible they are replacing the Clear site since the current Clear site isn't really adequate for full Sprint equipment.

2015-10-16_22-55-26.png

It's quite possible they are replacing the Clear site since the current Clear site isn't really adequate for full Sprint equipment.

That looks like a C.O.W, Does Clear use C.O.W's? (I'm assuming it's a cow since it's small)

Here's that cell site, new Carrier on top of it.

0c56f6719e854e1b7b4de275ec62db15.jpg

8bae79b80b16d8240dff5c95d242d113.jpg

Can anybody identify whose on the top and bottom?

It appears the panels are installed but isn't hooked up yet (judging from that dangling wire)