Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

MB|MC don't have a footprint in Hawaii though..? Right

I thought it could shutdown since they have no clients in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not certain.

I'm not certain.

I guess I'll find out if WiMAX gets shutdown?

Or do you know for sure that Hawaii won't get shutdown?

I can check at midnight I still have my U770

I've found a permit on a Clearwire tower near my home!

Clear gear is still ontop but the Permit calls for adding 3 Panels/Antennas.

I've also noticed that all the upgrades always included 3 Panel antennas, However the Permit doesn't directly point to Sprint.

It's stumping me because the permit is "HI2 VALLEY ISLES"

Project: HI2-VALLEY ISLE

Now occupied as: antenna tower To be occupied as: antenna tower

Scope: adding 3 antenna

Could this be Sprint NV/Spark gear on a clearwire site? Can they run Clearwire and Spark at the same time?

Update: that project is related to Verizon.

Dairy Road in Kahului desperately needs a tower.

This is near all the shops, Costco, Walmart, Lowes, Maui Market place.

post-6410-144694035139_thumb.png

There is a clear tower here. How likely will Sprint convert it?

Can only get a weak B41 outside and a weak B25, Band 26 is what serves this area primarily.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Went from Wailuku to Paia.

Held on to LTE All the way. Either on Band 41 or dropped to Band 25.

Speeds at Paia town hit 12Mbps at 6:00 PM. Not bad for Band 25.

Only dropped down to 1X on the way back (for about half a mile) passing some mountains but I was able to stream Pandora just fine.

Didn't roam at all on Verizon, great experience so far from Sprint

• Like 6

Looks like they're adjusting the down tilt and up tilt on panels. Before I previously wasn't able to get a Band 41 signal on my lawn. Now I can manage to pickup a two bars on band 41.

Maybe they even upped the power levels, I don't know

Not bad, good for sprint.

• Like 1

It's official, Sprint Spark is marked as lit up in kehei 

Spark was also spotted 2 times at Puunene, Some parts of Kahului is lit up already.

Wailuku, only 1 tower upgrade.. But i'm expecting very soon for the rest

58f0e3c0cb.png

• Like 4

Lahaina needs some serious work, almost all of Lahaina is 3G and 1X

Not even LTE [emoji30]. I'm hoping they'll upgrade it soon.

At least the 3G is usable so thumbs up for that.

3b7aec1926c1e52fb751db789cdf1829.jpg

Don't mind if I do.

ec48db5d50173ee8105c924084997e8f.jpg

a8422f9f7dfac82a7122a3f121fbc6ea.jpg

;) maybe I'll do a Verizon XLTE vs Spark/Plus

But the Magentians will all be like... "But T-Mobile had a faster Ping!" :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Seriously though, I love this picture :D  

• Like 1

But the Magentians will all be like... "But T-Mobile had a faster Ping!" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously though, I love this picture :D

Eh, T-Mobile and Sprint ball park around the same ping. It's however caused by how sprint and T-Mobile routes traffic stateside then back to Hawaii.

If I tested Sprint and T-Mobile to a server in LA they would be hitting 90ms or so.

But yeah, Sprint is kicking some ass. It's starting to become what the old sprint stood for. "The Now Network"

Bonus; in b4 someone says I was deprioritized or throttled.

0097c7261003d9743f5c0c3089d9b8ec.jpg

Eh, T-Mobile and Sprint ball park around the same ping. It's however caused by how sprint and T-Mobile routes traffic stateside then back to Hawaii.

If I tested Sprint and T-Mobile to a server in LA they would be hitting 90ms or so.

But yeah, Sprint is kicking some ass. It's starting to become what the old sprint stood for. "The Now Network"

Bonus; in b4 someone says I was deprioritized or throttled.

Oh I know about the ping. They (T-Mobile Fan Boys) will try to find any possible way to say T-Mobile is better when Sprint clearly beats them. This is true for that picture, that's why I made that joke.  ;)

• Like 1

Oh I know about the ping. They (T-Mobile Fan Boys) will try to find any possible way to say T-Mobile is better when Sprint clearly beats them. This is true for that picture, that's why I made that joke. ;)

Eh, I've seen worst.

stuff like, "your phone doesn't support band 12"

• Like 1

Meh, I'm lucky to get 5mbps with the tower saturation here on Oahu

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hopefully it'll get better once NGN starts and those Clearwire sites can be converted over to a full NV build.

I think they've starting tuning Band 26 on maui, does Tuning require a site visit or a permit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whats the eCSFB, Anyone care to explain?

It stands for enhanced circuit switch fallback. For phones with one radio, it needs it to trigger your phone to switch back to 1x for calls or texts when on LTE. I'm sure you can get a better explanation from someone more knowledgeable about this.

The area around my house had problems with eCSFB for months. A lot of calls wouldn't go through (in or out) and some texts were super delayed unless I manually put my phone in cdma mode.