Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

Just got my phone, Service is spot on however speeds are hit and miss, Sometime I'll get a fast speed on B25 and slow on B26 vice-versa.. Does anyone know if they're still working on the backhaul? And the status of Spark

B26 slow speeds are because of overloading on B26 channel.  B26 is only 5MHz wide and covers a lot more area.  It will get better as more sites are deployed with B26, and Sprint does some network reconfiguration to preserve people from parking on it at times it slows down.

• Like 1

Sprint still has some backhaul capacity issues, on 1X 800, PCS 1900 (3G) and LTE (26, 25)

Tonight at the Maui county fair, With i'd say Thousands of people making phone calls and using cellular data. Data was struggling to keep up.. Although however more importantly Phone calls were fine..

Sprint still has some backhaul capacity issues, on 1X 800, PCS 1900 (3G) and LTE (26, 25)

Tonight at the Maui county fair, With i'd say Thousands of people making phone calls and using cellular data. Data was struggling to keep up.. Although however more importantly Phone calls were fine..

That's not a backhaul capacity issue. That's airlink capacity issue. 5 mhz carrier can only support so many active users / connections before it degrades to nothingness. Airlinks will always be congested before backhaul and as you said it's a county fair with thousands of people in a small space.

Increasing the numbers and size of lte carrier bandwiths or adding more cell sites would be the solution.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's not a backhaul capacity issue. That's airlink capacity issue. 5 mhz carrier can only support so many active users / connections before it degrades to nothingness. Airlinks will always be congested before backhaul and as you said it's a county fair with thousands of people in a small space.

Increasing the numbers and size of lte carrier bandwiths or adding more cell sites would be the solution.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Correct me if i'm wrong isn't T-Mobile's 700Mhz A-Block also 5x5?

Edit; Looks like it is

Correct me if i'm wrong isn't T-Mobile's 700Mhz A-Block also 5x5?

Yes but T-mobiles heavy lifters are 15 / 20 MHz Band 4 AWS LTE carriers which they call "wideband LTE". 

Tmobiles has a 20x20 B4 LTE network in Hawaii. They do not have 700A though. A squatter owns it. 

Yes but T-mobiles heavy lifters are 15 / 20 MHz Band 4 AWS LTE carriers which they call "wideband LTE". 

Tmobiles has a 20x20 B4 LTE network in Hawaii. They do not have 700A though. A squatter owns it. 

Yeah, Which is why I moved to sprint, As they already own nationwide low-band spectrum (I hated being glued to WiFi Calling indoors and in stores. Correct me if i'm wrong again but once Spark hits my area it should be the same as T-Mobile :)

Yeah, Which is why I moved to sprint, As they already own nationwide low-band spectrum (I hated being glued to WiFi Calling indoors and in stores. Correct me if i'm wrong again but once Spark hits my area it should be the same as T-Mobile :)

A 20+20 Band 41 CA setup will have a bit higher theoretical capacity on the downlink (~160 vs 150) compared to a 20x20 FDD-LTE carrier but weaker uplink (~18 vs ~50). Site density also matters a lot too and T-mobile has much higher site density than Sprint but YMMV. 

• Like 1

Fair still going on, This time better speeds... I'd say 1000's of people are here and it's lunch..

Last time I was only able to get 1/5 bars now I'm getting 3/5

Both tests were done on Band 26

459b333782.jpg

891c6bd251.jpg

looks good, get that Maui map purple on sensorly

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

You need to get a phone with carrier aggregation, then you'll see some nice speeds when they put it up there

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The 6s doesn't have CA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, so I'm assuming CA is not on [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know of any way with the iPhone to confirm CA, so the second best way would be to connect to the second B41 carrier. It's possible you have CA, and just connect to the first carrier (40978) as the primary carrier and don't see the second, but eventually you should see that second carrier. Once you see that, it's a good bet that CA is active.

• Like 1