Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

That's the same site location I've been getting the couple of times it's popped up for me. I think we're about to see a lot of 1X800 sites go live. 

The more sites that go live, the better. My LTE experience with Sprint is beginning to get better. Still spots around town where I lose it and where it goes in and out, but I know it will get better.

I've noticed in the Hickory, Newton and Conover area that I'm connecting to Carolina West Wireless for 1XRTT and EV-DO Rev A.  I can still connect to Sprint LTE though.  Is anyone aware of something going on with Sprint in this area?
2013-08-13_17-45-20.png

I just find it interesting that this is going on today.  I'm grateful that we can use Carolina West Wireless as native coverage.  They have higher ping times on EV-DO, but definitely better speeds than we've had on Sprint.

The tower off Lane St and Old Concord Salisbury Rd in Kannapolis has some good reach on it! My EVO is holding 4G with a RSRP of around -95 to -110, and I'm 3 miles away off Dale Earnhardt and 85. I wish they'd complete the tower off Harris and 85 soon.

• Like 1

The tower off Lane St and Old Concord Salisbury Rd in Kannapolis has some good reach on it! My EVO is holding 4G with a RSRP of around -95 to -110, and I'm 3 miles away off Dale Earnhardt and 85. I wish they'd complete the tower off Harris and 85 soon.

Have they began work on the tower at Harris and 85 yet? They need to get that done asap, I'm about ready to ditch Sprint over the poor coverage in that area.

Have they began work on the tower at Harris and 85 yet? They need to get that done asap, I'm about ready to ditch Sprint over the poor coverage in that area.

Not that I've seen, and I usually go out for some fresh air most weekdays within view of that tower. I'm sure the 30%+ chance of rain almost every day for weeks now isn't helping either. :td: That tower gets rocked between the thousands of people that work in that area and all the kiddies with phones at Vance HS...

I know that tower sees a lot of traffic, which is why I don't understand why they didn't upgrade it before some of the other ones.

On top of that, it needs to be 800MHz right off the bat. I believe you work in the same giant building I do and the 1900MHz signal doesn't cut it in some areas.

On top of that, it needs to be 800MHz right off the bat. I believe you work in the same giant building I do and the 1900MHz signal doesn't cut it in some areas.

Yes, I'm at CIC in 3A2 and I get no lte at all... I've gotten it in the courtyard after sitting out there for a bit, but even then it wasn't that good. Let's hope Sprint does this tower right the first time around, this is a busy area and if I don't get some good lte soon, I'll likely leave sprint cause I can't take it anymore.

For over a month now I've not had LTE at the tower off I-85 before the Yadkin river bridge. I had it since launch but nothing for a month. I've called Sprint and they've refreshed my services, checked to make sure my HTC one is working fine, and said they will send a tech to the tower twice but still nothing. Anyone come out this way and can see wether it's just me? It was so nice having LTE and for a flash-a-holic like me it's critical to have some day download rates. :-)

but it's ok to eat fish cause they don't have feelings.....

I was over in the University area today near McCollough & Harris/Tryon and had ZERO LTE while in range of the tower behind the Ashley Home Furniture or the tower off Mallard Creek & 85, knowing I was in full range of both...I'm wondering if they're about to light up the NV 3G in the area...

I was over in the University area today near McCollough & Harris/Tryon and had ZERO LTE while in range of the tower behind the Ashley Home Furniture or the tower off Mallard Creek & 85, knowing I was in full range of both...I'm wondering if they're about to light up the NV 3G in the area...

I go to Planet Fitness off of University City Blvd often and the tower is on the other side of I-485 going towards Harrisburg, and I always get a decent LTE signal, but tonight there was no LTE. I'm probably wondering the same thing as you are.

I'm going to have to ASSUME (really hoping I'm right) that, with all the 3G updates in the Charlotte market lately, that this whole zero 3G in Kannapolis thing is part of the next wave of 3G conversions because I get either 1X or 4G...all over Kannapolis...as soon as I head over to parts of Concord, I get eHRPD with no issues...it's obnoxious but it'll be worth it if that's the case, since NV 3G is pretty decent. 

It seems like it would make sense, since the whole Gastonia area got lit up with 3G first, and there is now a lot of NV 3G along the I-77 corridor...the next corridor over would be the I-85 area, north of Charlotte *shrug*...Hoping my hypothesis is correct here. 

• Like 2

Posted Image

Here's looking at you Charlotte!! Left my lowcountry to spend some quality time with your city! Sitting outside of tattoo bills as the wife gets some ink, getting my face melted with these LTE speeds! LTE life is good here for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Turns out there's a couple outages in the Kannapolis area. There's a complete tower outage somewhere (not sure which one), a voice outage, and an EVDO connection ticket, which is the one impacting me... tickets from the Sprint rep:

They are 1445970, 1712396, 1672369.

The 1672369 is the EVDO Connection ticket.

I'm going to ask them to prorate my bill when they finally fix it...I'm surprised it's not fixed yet, seeing as how this has been going on since Thursday. They might as well just light up the new equipment and make it all 800 now.  ;)  :D They seriously need it, as the 4G could stand to reach a little farther with my pathetic EVO LTE radio.  :angry:

Let's keep from getting too negative. I had to clean up this thread. Stay within our posting guidelines. We are not a Sprint complaint board. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I go to Planet Fitness off of University City Blvd often and the tower is on the other side of I-485 going towards Harrisburg, and I always get a decent LTE signal, but tonight there was no LTE. I'm probably wondering the same thing as you are.

I frequent the same gym quite a bit and can confirm my evo switches from LTE to 800 and then back to LTE. It's been happening along Rocky River Rd, Hwy 49 in Harrisburg and at Reedy Creek Park. 

A few days ago Signal Check pro indicated I was connected to a 1x800 tower in Peabody, Mass

2013-08-29_21-55-49.png

I frequent the same gym quite a bit and can confirm my evo switches from LTE to 800 and then back to LTE. It's been happening along Rocky River Rd, Hwy 49 in Harrisburg and at Reedy Creek Park. 

A few days ago Signal Check pro indicated I was connected to a 1x800 tower in Peabody, Mass

attachicon.gif2013-08-29_21-55-49.png

That's with the custom PRL, right? Sprint REALLY could stand to jump on that tower at Rocky River and Lower Rocky River... coverage is really spotty over there.

Yes Digiblur's prl. While I was near rocky river and lwr rocky river, I think the tower was the one on 601.

That's with the custom PRL, right? Sprint REALLY could stand to jump on that tower at Rocky River and Lower Rocky River... coverage is really spotty over there.

attachicon.gif2013-08-29_21-55-49.png

You're right man, 1X800 is definitely coming. I woke up this morning and noticed I had 800 off the tower in Gold Hill, South of Rockwell. I couldn't make a call out on it (network busy message), but it switched to 1xRTT (1900) and has stayed on that tower all day with a RSSI of -89 to -94... and that tower is well over *11* miles away, over the air!!! "Daaaang Gina!"  :o  :lol:

I'm waiting for the next few reports from Rob because that tower should be flipping to at least 3G/4G complete. My EVO hasn't hit any of the towers IN Kannapolis for a better signal ALL DAY so far! To put it in perspective, the towers in Kannapolis usually give me a RSSI of upper -90s to lower -100s where I live.

I'm on the stock PRL still and seeing that Peabody, Mass tower once in a while too, so you know something's in the works.  :tu: