Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

LTE is spreading onto Harris Blvd and Mallard Creek now! I live close to the Wild Wing Cafe off of the Mallard Creek exit on 85 and picked up LTE for a few minutes on my way. Seems like the LTE coverage around town is starting to pick up in a lot of areas.

• Like 1

How do I report sightings on sensorly map with my iPhone 5??

You can tell the rest of us with other phones and we'll stay on the lookout to map them. :) I'm not sure if Sensorly will be compatible with iPhone 5s anytime soon.

bonvicepacino, no kidding! Someone's been busy mapping Hwy 29 from 485 all the way to Morehead (albeit a LIGHT signal that my EVO has barely picked up), Morehead Rd, and Hwy 49 all the way from UNCC into Harrisburg!

If you gain access to the Sponsor maps, you'll see that they're working on another tower in the vicinity that should help things even more. :) It's like they're building all AROUND Harris & 85 where I work. It's killing me, lol. I'm going to head up 485 and 49 into Harrisburg, so I'll have Sensorly ready to go and see how that 4G signal is.

• Like 1

You can tell the rest of us with other phones and we'll stay on the lookout to map them. :) I'm not sure if Sensorly will be compatible with iPhone 5s anytime soon.

bonvicepacino, no kidding! Someone's been busy mapping Hwy 29 from 485 all the way to Morehead (albeit a LIGHT signal that my EVO has barely picked up), Morehead Rd, and Hwy 49 all the way from UNCC into Harrisburg!

If you gain access to the Sponsor maps, you'll see that they're working on another tower in the vicinity that should help things even more. :) It's like they're building all AROUND Harris & 85 where I work. It's killing me, lol. I'm going to head up 485 and 49 into Harrisburg, so I'll have Sensorly ready to go and see how that 4G signal is.

Always good news. I need to get around to donating so I can gain access to these maps. Since I'm always interested in the progress. Now I need to remember my PayPal information so I can get to it.

I also saw that there was a little blip mapped on Trade and Tryon downtown. I wish I could connect to it being at work here now, but I'm guessing being on the 34th floor in the building might not help out too much. I'm just happy with the progress that is coming along now, because I felt like things were taking forever, especially with my friends that had Verizon and AT&T with LTE service already.

Always good news. I need to get around to donating so I can gain access to these maps. Since I'm always interested in the progress. Now I need to remember my PayPal information so I can get to it.

I didn't realize this until after I dd the whole PayPal thing, but you can donate via Visa/Mastercard/whatever via the link in the upper-right corner on the main page - it doesn't have to be via PayPal. Hope that helps!

I also saw that there was a little blip mapped on Trade and Tryon downtown. I wish I could connect to it being at work here now, but I'm guessing being on the 34th floor in the building might not help out too much. I'm just happy with the progress that is coming along now, because I felt like things were taking forever, especially with my friends that had Verizon and AT&T with LTE service already.

I mapped a little there this morning but no luck on 32nd floor. I believe being higher up is better to a point but being deep inside a building hurts.

Edited by smkyle

I mapped a little there this morning but no luck on 32nd floor. I believe being higher up is better to a point but being deep inside a building hurts.

I am at 6th and College (3rd floor) and no sign of 4g here yet. I have wish I could know if I was actually connecting to that tower right by me that is supposed to be lte approved!

It's great to see all the progress in our area over the last month!

It almost feels like a real 4G city in parts... Areas south of Wendover on Providence and Randolph all the way out past Rea road are in 4G now... Even indoors.. Also moving west towards South Park area... I'm moving in a month or so more towards Uptown near Myers Park where there is no 4G... I hope to find the 4G on there soon with a full service Sprint store right near where I'll be living..

I caught 4G at 49 and 485 and held it all the way into Harrisburg where I'm stopped now. I took a few speed tests and netted some great results. At 49/485, I got 10.8 down / 6.8 up. On 49 at the Cabarrus county line, I got 15.5 down / 6.3 up, and 49 and Morehead netted 8.6 / 2.5 with only a RSRP of about -100. I'm impressed!

I lose my signal just moving from my desk near the window to the center of the building. Walked across the street to the Hearst tower and still 3g there. I did map a small circle on Sensorly above my desk though! I will turn it back on when I head out for the day.

Acceptance reports received for the Charlotte market so far for this week. 42 site updates posted to the NV Sites Complete Map. More details here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/572-network-vision-site-map-charlotte-raleighdurham-winstonsalem-and-myrtle-beach-markets/page__view__findpost__p__105285

Robert

• Like 1

Great news! Thanks for the update Robert. Even the three towers surrounding my house are showing in progress. They are very far away in the middle of nowhere. I will be keeping an eye on my signal out here.

But having it at work is the best news. Just hope its still there when I go in today!

• Like 1

Guest VestaviaPirate

Yes, that section is viewable to Sponsors only. If you decide to donate, it will be available, no password needed.

That's what I thought. Sounds good. Perhaps tomorrow, since it's payday!

• Like 1

That's what I thought. Sounds good. Perhaps tomorrow, since it's payday!

Being able to see those maps is worth a donation. :) Robert, thanks for keeping that thing so updated! I may very well have 4G when I go in to work tomorrow! I'll have to test that new tower you put in off I-85 on my way into Charlotte in the morning. :D

Is anyone else's wife making fun of them over the 4G deployment? Mine sure is. :lol:

• Like 5

Being able to see those maps is worth a donation. :) Robert, thanks for keeping that thing so updated! I may very well have 4G when I go in to work tomorrow! I'll have to test that new tower you put in off I-85 on my way into Charlotte in the morning. :D

Is anyone else's wife making fun of them over the 4G deployment? Mine sure is. :lol:

My husband sure thinks I am a bit crazy about all this. I get an eye roll when I hold up my phone and say "Look I mapped this purple spot on the map." :rolleyes:

• Like 5

I asked my wife to map with her Optimus G to see if it picks up anything my EVO misses. It's her go to anecdote when explaining to people how much of a geek I am.

• Like 1

I'm gonna try to map the SE Hickory area tonight. At least get a purple spot on there in the next hour or so. I should be within distance from my workplace, but it just didn't want to connect.

• Like 1

That's such Sensorly trickery when people map areas and they're up in a building somewhere! lol...

Robert, is there somewhere where we can translate the BSID, NID, and SID into a tower name on the NV Complete maps? I have one in my LTE available file from when I was mapping in Harrisburg and I think it was the tower all the way out by Reedy Creek Prk.

Guest VestaviaPirate

I'm so excited! After a long day of work in Rock Hill, driving back to Elizabeth and getting off of 277, I noticed I had 4G!!! Mapped down Providence, cutting across behind Presby. Mapped all the way past Mercy Hospital before it cut out. 2 freaking blocks away from where I live. Last week the closest to me was in Cotswald! Way to go Sprint, keep it going!!!

No 4G LTE in Hickory from CR04AW448 just yet :( I cycled airplane mode numerous times from different locations within 1/4 to 1/2 mile of the tower as well as about a mile away. I do have an entry in my LTE Available file from SID 4376 NID:1 BSID 4913 which I believe is CR04AW448.

Later this evening, I drove to Newton, NC (CR03AW135) which is now showing as a NV 3G/800/4G complete tower. My report is that no LTE was available and EVDO Rev A topped out at 146ms, 235kbps Down / 506kbps Up. These numbers do not seem to be in line with most post-NV results I've seen posted here. Also, no new LTE record in my LTE available file.

I will check these locations again tomorrow or later this weekend. I'm not disappointed, but I am eager to get my slice of LTE heaven :)