Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Yes I noticed the same thing in Emeryville and Oakland near the Bay Bridge. You should contact Sprint's customer support. Tell them you are having audio quality issues and you want to file a ticket.

I posted on their support forum about a week ago telling them the issue and giving them site IDs. Never got a response. But yeah I should call them as well and open a ticket.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Cool! Did you get a new phone?

I wish, I was just looking around sensorly while I was in daly city.

Actually I'm moving out of the area. I got so sick of the sprint problems here that I'm moving. ????

Actually going back to NYC. I was hoping the entire area would be lit up before I left. Oh well. The progress in the sunset was at least something. If and when I come back it'll be a much better experience.

Thanks for all the work you did in this area. I'll still be checking in all the time just won't be able to contribute much.

Now I'm looking at all the maps between here and NY. Southern route :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised it's taken so long. I'm wondering what's the hold up for Sprint here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The government. It looks like they are having problems obtaining work permits. Work has been ongoing across the rest of the market, but as soon as you hit city limits, it screeches to a halt. 

The government. It looks like they are having problems obtaining work permits. Work has been ongoing across the rest of the market, but as soon as you hit city limits, it screeches to a halt. 

That really sucks and luckily I don't live in SF, but I don't understand how/why Sprint is the only big carrier that is stuck with this problem here and are pretty behind schedule while the other carriers have basically finished working. I know Sprint has to swap everything out and the others just bolt stuff on, but the other carriers had to go through the same process through the government and are close to finishing their networks. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I can't tell if that serious or a joke, cause all I see is a square. :P

LOL, wouldn't doubt if serious. The progress for NV has been a serious crawl in SF.

I would be lying if I said I'm not stoked to be moving to a home that's completely blanketed in lte. I loved my short time in sf and Berkeley. I feel like was here from the beginning of nv. Now I'm abandoning it before completion. Feels so close. But maybe too far.

Maybe I'll move back soon.

Anyway Robert where should I eat in abq? :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

That really sucks and luckily I don't live in SF, but I don't understand how/why Sprint is the only big carrier that is stuck with this problem here and are pretty behind schedule while the other carriers have basically finished working. I know Sprint has to swap everything out and the others just bolt stuff on, but the other carriers had to go through the same process through the government and are close to finishing their networks. It doesn't make any sense to me.

You can't really say that Sprint was the only one having problem. We have no way of knowing how long another carrier was working on their network before they launched LTE. There is no S4GRU for other carriers, and they restrict access until the network is complete so it was not really possible to track their progress like it is with Sprint. For all we know they were working in the area for 2 years before their respective LTE went live.

Its also more difficult for Sprint because they are replacing ALL of their equipment. Other carriers were able to just slap on a new antenna and call it good, which probably takes less, or no permitting, unlike what Sprint is doing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yep, Sprint is not the only one with problems in SF. All carriers are having problems and matter of fact last time I was in the city my GS3 was out performing my Nexus 5 with a t mobile sim, my friend's ATT&T iphone 5s.

Once Sprint is finished in the city, it'll be a beauty with B41 and B26. Hopefully work starts soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can't really say that Sprint was the only one having problem. We have no way of knowing how long another carrier was working on their network before they launched LTE. There is no S4GRU for other carriers, and they restrict access until the network is complete so it was not really possible to track their progress like it is with Sprint. For all we know they were working in the area for 2 years before their respective LTE went live.

Its also more difficult for Sprint because they are replacing ALL of their equipment. Other carriers were able to just slap on a new antenna and call it good, which probably takes less, or no permitting, unlike what Sprint is doing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

First off I meant to reply to this long ago but I was working my school's musical and the quarter just finished so now I'm on spring break so I actually have free time to just relax. Anyway my reply:

I was only suggesting that Sprint seems to be father behind in this market than the other carriers. Also, it kinda sucks that there's no other sites like S4GRU for the other carriers because it would be interesting to track their progress like we can with Sprint, but at the same time it makes this site really special because there's basically nothing like it.

Sorry if this is borderline rant but it's kinda frustrating to see almost no progress in my town since I've switched back from the death star in November. This might also because I have an iPhone which stubbornly won't connect to 800SMR unless there is no 3G. :td::wall: But last week I did connect to it outside of a classroom in the main building and I was so happy because I've only connected to it around 10 times since I've switched.

First off I meant to reply to this long ago but I was working my school's musical and the quarter just finished so now I'm on spring break so I actually have free time to just relax. Anyway my reply:

I was only suggesting that Sprint seems to be father behind in this market than the other carriers. Also, it kinda sucks that there's no other sites like S4GRU for the other carriers because it would be interesting to track their progress like we can with Sprint, but at the same time it makes this site really special because there's basically nothing like it.

Sorry if this is borderline rant but it's kinda frustrating to see almost no progress in my town since I've switched back from the death star in November. This might also because I have an iPhone which stubbornly won't connect to 800SMR unless there is no 3G. :td::wall: But last week I did connect to it outside of a classroom in the main building and I was so happy because I've only connected to it around 10 times since I've switched.

You could pick up a LG G2 for like $200 on craiglist and it already has the spark update so you can enjoy B41 in the many sites live in the east bay.

You could pick up a LG G2 for like $200 on craiglist and it already has the spark update so you can enjoy B41 in the many sites live in the east bay

I somehow have an upgrade (even though I started a new line in November) that I could use to get a Nexus 5 on Amazon but because the school I go to is mostly historic buildings B41 wouldn't even stand a chance :td: . Oddly there is a TMob site on campus  :wall: and a Verizon tower that has nothing blocking the view but Sprint's is two blocks away. I don't know where AT&T's tower is but there is a building on Park St. that's covered with various towers and I assume that's where they are.I would have used Google Maps but I don't think you can show the elevated buildings like you can on the apps)alyr82U.png

Edited by thatrandomguy

On LTE only mode?

LTE/CDMA mode. I have made no changes to the band priority either. The phone connected to band 41 on its own.

I somehow have an upgrade (even though I started a new line in November) that I could use to get a Nexus 5 on Amazon but because the school I go to is mostly historic buildings B41 wouldn't even stand a chance :td: . Oddly there is a TMob site on campus  :wall: and a Verizon tower that has nothing blocking the view but Sprint's is two blocks away and 

A side note my mom's saying she wants to switch to T-mobile but I highly doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. (I would have used GMaps but I don't think you can show the elevated buildings like you can on the apps)

You have an upgrade because of "Easy Pay" from Sprint. You can get a new phone and trade in your old one. You pay it off each month.

T Mobile isn't any better tbh, I have a T Mobile sim card on my Nexus 5. T Mobile is better in the San Joaquin Valley since LTE is barely going live over here.

If you want a Nexus 5, hold off for a little bit longer since we haven't received the Spark update yet. But my GS5 should come soon anyways.