Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Let's hope! That first one is already accepted with NV equipment, so it may just be they finally flipped 800 on, or you finally were able to connect. Is the second site also accepted already?

Nope 2nd site is not accepted. But I think I saw new equipment on top about a month ago. Didn't take pics. I guess this confirms it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Nope 2nd site is not accepted. But I think I saw new equipment on top about a month ago. Didn't take pics. I guess this confirms it.

Then they may indeed have finished a cluster! Let's hope it's everything, not just stuff west of 19th ave? If that's what you call that road. (Hwy 1?)

Then they may indeed have finished a cluster! Let's hope it's everything, not just stuff west of 19th ave? If that's what you call that road. (Hwy 1?)

There's one in between those two sites that I am actually closer to and I haven't been able to get 1x 800 from it yet. But hope cluster is coming soon.

That's awesome. I just loaded the 800SMR sponsor PRL to see if I get 800SMR at work. I do, but saldly it seems to be a very distant tower in Daly City. My Ec/Io is in the -11dB range.

That's sucks. Hmm. I won't be downtown until Thursday to check more.

What is the ec/lo supposed to be?

That shoreline Highway and taraval sites are across the street from each other. I remember seeing different permits for each of them. Seems weird they would upgrade both if one was replacing the other one.

I take back what I said earlier about the Ec/Io. -11db seems to be pretty good, especially for that range! 

This site has a pretty good description on CDMA Ec/Io

http://www.telecomhall.com/what-is-ecio-and-ebno.aspx

course_013_h.JPG

Took these screenshots from work:

Screenshot_2014-01-21-16-23-23.png

Screenshot_2014-01-21-16-23-39.png

And these on my commute home right on the base of the bay bridge:

Screenshot_2014-01-21-18-43-46.png

Screenshot_2014-01-21-18-44-03.png

Seems like I was connected to that same Daly City site through the entire commute. The Ec/Io was in the unusable range in that first screenshot. But at the Bay Bridge, even with interference from Oakland, I was getting a usable signal. Color me impressed! The hilly terrain and the tall buildings should have killed my signal, but it was going strong from all the way across the city.

• Like 1

I just got a notification over the weekend that "my area" was going to be getting upgrades in the next month.  I'm in the Palo Alto / Menlo Park area, and there really isn't any coverage to speak of there.  San Mateo, sure, but not in these two areas.  Would be nice, just in time for a new note 3 upgrade.

I just got a notification over the weekend that "my area" was going to be getting upgrades in the next month.  I'm in the Palo Alto / Menlo Park area, and there really isn't any coverage to speak of there.  San Mateo, sure, but not in these two areas.  Would be nice, just in time for a new note 3 upgrade.

If you go to Sprint.com's tower locator page, you'll see that all peninsula cities got "data and voice upgrades", but PAMPA (Palo Alto / Menlo Park / Atherton) did not.  Since that information is public, you could call Sprint and ask them why all communities surrounding Palo Alto get upgrades, but your don't.  

Ok in all my excitement yesterday getting 1x 800 in SF I forgot to do any voice testing.

I been dropping calls left and right all day today while connected to 1x 800. Seems like its not handing off between 1x 800 sites. 

I have an s3 so its not the typical hard hand-off eCSFB triband problems.

Probably just testing.

Anyone find any new updates today?

Ok in all my excitement yesterday getting 1x 800 in SF I forgot to do any voice testing.

I been dropping calls left and right all day today while connected to 1x 800. Seems like its not handing off between 1x 800 sites. 

I have an s3 so its not the typical hard hand-off eCSFB triband problems.

Probably just testing.

Anyone find any new updates today?

Handoff between 800 and 1900 is harder, but possible.  It's handoff between an NV upgraded site 800/1900 and a legacy site that seems to be a problem.  If there are enough NV sites, then should be able to find an NV site to switch too, but right now, it'll be a mess.  And it's likely to get worse before it gets better if experience in other markets is any indication.

Handoff between 800 and 1900 is harder, but possible.  It's handoff between an NV upgraded site 800/1900 and a legacy site that seems to be a problem.  If there are enough NV sites, then should be able to find an NV site to switch too, but right now, it'll be a mess.  And it's likely to get worse before it gets better if experience in other markets is any indication.

Yeah that's what puzzled me. I was switching between 2 1x 800 sites when I was getting dropped over and over again. 

I actually was on a long call this evening at work and it sounded great. I actually thought, man, this sounds perfect. I made another call right after with the engineering screen up but the service option was only EVRC, not the EVRC_NW I was expecting to indicate HD voice.

I connected to 2 more 1x 800 in South west sf today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The second one is at stonestown mall which has been 4G accepted for like half a year now without broadcasting any 4g in that time. Good to see work being done on it again.

• Like 3

Looks like they turned off all the 1x 800 today. Didn't get anything all day and went to Berkeley/Oakland/Emeryville today. Didn't get any 1x 800 at all. Hope testing is going well.

Checked on this thread the other night and decided to SignalCheck Pro the towers that provide service to me in the Twin Peaks area of SF where I work.  To my surprise, almost all are now switched to 1x800, but only eHRPD linked.  I know without a doubt that some of those towers broadcast LTE, but i'm willing to accept a slower data protocol for now in exchange for improved voice clarity and reliability.   :)

I received the infamous text about the network being "largely" completed in the next "few months".  This exact text could have been sent out a few months ago without being factually incorrect.  So it really means nothing to me but if they can just get me to stop roaming in parts of my house, I'll be pretty happy.  

I received the infamous text about the network being "largely" completed in the next "few months". This exact text could have been sent out a few months ago without being factually incorrect. So it really means nothing to me but if they can just get me to stop roaming in parts of my house, I'll be pretty happy.

Yeah my wife got the message last night too. I haven't gotten it yet. Was wondering when it was gonna come.