Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

I read somewhere, I think, that public safety is still dragging their feet in NorCal.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So that means we won't be seeing any 800 LTE anytime soon?? Darn because summers almost here. Whatever hopefully it's launched before school starts in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that means we won't be seeing any 800 LTE anytime soon?? Darn because summers almost here. Whatever hopefully it's launched before school starts in the fall.

I feel like some said midyear they should vacate it in NorCal? A bit later for socal. I am in the same boat as you, waiting for UCLA in socal to get LTE, hopefully followed quickly by LTE 800. Fingers crossed when I come back in September things will be way better.

I'm pretty sure there isn't any b26 here but I'm guessing that there should be b41. I wouldn't know because I have a 5S [emoji12]. But in December I went to a concert at the oracle arena and had amazing speeds with b25 for most of the night.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there isn't any b26 here but I'm guessing that there should be b41. I wouldn't know because I have a 5S [emoji12]. But in December I went to a concert at the oracle arena and had amazing speeds with b25 for most of the night.

Yeah just looked at the sensorly map. Looks like b41 is nearby.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yeah just looked at the sensorly map. Looks like b41 is nearby.

The b41 tower is on the south side of the coliseum across 880. I got some b41 in the south parking lot, but could not find it inside.

• Like 1

The b41 tower is on the south side of the coliseum across 880. I got some b41 in the south parking lot, but could not find it inside.

Ah ok. Yeah those speed tests on sensorly are probably yours huh. Did you get b25 lte inside? Stable usable? Wondering if I have to force LTE only like at Busch Stadium.

• Like 1

Sprint must have finally optimized their sites because I now get B25 in more places with just an airplane mode toggle!!! There are some places I don't get LTE like my school and other dead zones that B25 can't reach because of trees or historic buildings that are "impenetrable" (at least for B25).

Also I've noticed that I've seen my iPhone camping and switching to 1x800 more often rather than holding onto 3G which kinda disproves that iPhones don't like 800.

I've also noticed increased speeds on the "downtown" site which used to average around 3-6 Mbps down now averages around 9-12 Mbps down. I don't know what happened but whatever they did works! I don't think it's Spark adoption because I ran these tests during lunch, and everyone at school has iPhones. Quite a few people still rock 4S's and 4's while the rest have 5C's and I haven't seen anyone else with a Sprint 5S. But there's not that many people who still have Sprint because there's virtually no service on campus, so their families have moved to Verizon, AT&T, or T-mobile (which I'm envious of because the have a tower right in the middle of the campus [emoji35][emoji36])

Anyway like many of you who are also "patiently" waiting for B26, have said that B26 will make this market and let Sprint go toe-to-toe with everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ah ok. Yeah those speed tests on sensorly are probably yours huh. Did you get b25 lte inside? Stable usable? Wondering if I have to force LTE only like at Busch Stadium.

Guilty as charged. B25 depends on where u are in the stadium. It has been much more stable than 3g when u can find it, but i would keep falling back to 3g. Enjoy the game. Hopefully the yankees didn't see Cespedes cannon for an arm against the angels and will try running on him.

I don't think anyone is ever running on Cespedes ever again. Ever. Except maybe puig. That being said I'm a Yankees fan! Can't wait. Went last year to Mariano's last bay area game. 19 inning affair. That was ridiculous. Hopefully won't be as bad.

• Like 1

Guilty as charged. B25 depends on where u are in the stadium. It has been much more stable than 3g when u can find it, but i would keep falling back to 3g. Enjoy the game. Hopefully the yankees didn't see Cespedes cannon for an arm against the angels and will try running on him.

Pre game I'm getting band 41. 11mbps. I put it on sensorly.

• Like 4

And this is what I get for forgetting to bring my prepaid tmo sim on my lil day trip to the bay area..

Z03Hhne.png?1

Twas a painful day indeed but got me off my device and talking to my friends more which i guess is a good thing. Ericsson AIR's and Ericsson RRUS12s/A2s look pretty interesting when you get to look right at it from a few feet away instead of dozens of feet up on a tower. 

And this is what I get for forgetting to bring my prepaid tmo sim on my lil day trip to the bay area..

Z03Hhne.png?1

Twas a painful day indeed but got me off my device and talking to my friends more which i guess is a good thing. Ericsson AIR's and Ericsson RRUS12s/A2s look pretty interesting when you get to look right at it from a few feet away instead of dozens of feet up on a tower.

It's sad/amazing how infuriating it is to not have good data once you get used to it. I started using a prepaid T-Mobile sim in my G2 while I'm at UCLA, and, even though I 'only' get hspa+ because it's the Sprint version of the phone, it is blazing and much more reliable compared to Sprint there.

Z03Hhne.png?1

I usually put my phone in LTE ONLY mode when I'm downtown. Sucks that no real progress has been made outside of the Southwest part of the city since triband phones came out.

It's sad/amazing how infuriating it is to not have good data once you get used to it. I started using a prepaid T-Mobile sim in my G2 while I'm at UCLA, and, even though I 'only' get hspa+ because it's the Sprint version of the phone, it is blazing and much more reliable compared to Sprint there.

I realize this may be a stupid question but may I ask how you are using a TMO sim on a Sprint version of the G2? I have a Sprint iPhone 5 and would love to swap SIM cards. Think my iPhone is locked already? I know HSPA+ in SFO is much faster on TMO than any Sprint network right now so would swap my SIM in a heartbeat.

I can't get LTE on the 101 in Palo Alto.  Even though the cluster may have launched, I still get 3g, and it is slow and unusable.

The stretch between university av and Oregon Expressway is awful data wise.

Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

I realize this may be a stupid question but may I ask how you are using a TMO sim on a Sprint version of the G2? I have a Sprint iPhone 5 and would love to swap SIM cards. Think my iPhone is locked already? I know HSPA+ in SFO is much faster on TMO than any Sprint network right now so would swap my SIM in a heartbeat.

No not stupid at all, it's a pain in the ass. The only reason I am able to do it with the G2 is because of a glitch in the software that was discovered - there is a change you can make in one of the configuration files that unlocks the phone to domestic SIM cards. I actually went with it specifically for that reason. If it's possible, I think the only way to unlock Sprint iPhones for domestic use is by jailbreaking them and using some sort of hack, but I don't really know. 

A quick look on iDowloadblog shows the last software hack to unlock the iPhone was on iOS 6.1 with an iPhone 4 or a 3GS. There's also R-Sims but what I've read is conflicting about using it on a Sprint iPhone. So it's probably safe to safe that there's not way to use a Sprint iPhone on another carrier which sucks because the 5S/5C have all the LTE bands of the other carriers in the US.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Hard to say. The third rack from the top might have something, but I really can't say. If you can get some tighter shots of each level we can probably get a much better idea.