Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Sweet!  Great to see one of the stalled markets finally move forward.  We still need:

* SF Downtown / SOMA

* PAMPA - Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton

* South San Jose

When I was in PA the other day, I did seem to get LTE in downtown on the streets on my HTC M8, so I did a speed test and got 50Mbit down.  Sounds like some Band 41 is already deployed there, but that only gets you outdoor areas.  Still need everything else upgraded as well.

• Like 2

Sweet!  Great to see one of the stalled markets finally move forward.  We still need:

* SF Downtown / SOMA

* South San Jose

When I was in PA the other day, I did seem to get LTE in downtown on the streets on my HTC M8, so I did a speed test and got 50Mbit down.  Sounds like some Band 41 is already deployed there, but that only gets you outdoor areas.  Still need everything else upgraded as well.

San Francisco still has a way to go.  I live in West Portal and barely get 3g signals there.  Pretty much unusable for data in that area.  

Luckily there is LTE in Alameda but the problem is getting a signal because of all the houses and trees. You can barely manage a weak signal but only in certain spots of town. Can't wait for 800 to spread like wildfire!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* SF Downtown / SOMA

* South San Jose

* Dublin/Pleasanton (when on 680 I get dropped calls north and south of the 680/580 interchange)

* Dublin/Pleasanton (when on 680 I get dropped calls north and south of the 680/580 interchange)

Hmm, I haven't gotten any drops calls in that area.

Not even inside the Pleasanton mall.

Hmm, I haven't gotten any drops calls in that area.

Not even inside the Pleasanton mall.

It was more so with my last phone. The M8 has seemed to help, but i am still stuck in 3g.

It was more so with my last phone. The M8 has seemed to help, but i am still stuck in 3g.

Yeah I'm on 3G there most of the time with my Nexus 5 and Galaxy S5. The towers there need to be 3G upgraded asap for tri-band users.

On my old S3 I was on good LTE connection for majority of the time.

• Like 1

Anyone catching B26 on this market?

How's the B41? Does it throw you out fast?

On the east bay that would be a negative ghost rider, the pattern is full. Although from the sounds of it, the airwaves for band 26 are not available until May.

On the east bay that would be a negative ghost rider, the pattern is full. Although from the sounds of it, the airwaves for band 26 are not available until May.

why May?  Is it some FCC thing?

why May?  Is it some FCC thing?

Spectrum rebanding for Northern California. They're basically waiting for the last public safety org to get off the spectrum so they can deploy the LTE 800 carriers. 

i can confirm the acceptance report for the 580/680 interchange and surrounding area being cluster launched 1X/LTE 1900. My tri-band was able to pick up LTE in that area. Only areas left untouched are SF and SJ. I am curious if we will see a big cluster launch, including LTE 800, in the next couple of months in those areas.

i can confirm the acceptance report for the 580/680 interchange and surrounding area being cluster launched 1X/LTE 1900. My tri-band was able to pick up LTE in that area. Only areas left untouched are SF and SJ. I am curious if we will see a big cluster launch, including LTE 800, in the next couple of months in those areas.

Most likely.

Not that it matters but Sprint updated their coverage maps and now some parts of the east bay are spark. I'm ecstatic and extremely discussed by this because I've seen almost no improvement since I've gotten this phone in November. I know Sprint hasn't deployed 800 LTE here yet which is so essential for this market but it's really annoying not really having a phone since 2011. Anyway sorry for this half rant but I just needed to say something. On a more positive note I hope samsung starts throwing those 800 carrier cards at every site whenever they get the chance.

Side note:

Also I saw the new framily commercial and my mom felt insulted that sprint would claim they have an all new network (with fewer dropped calls and faster data speeds). We just got back from a road trip to SoCal and had the worst experience with dozens of dropped calls, unusable/no data, and ours phones would refuse to roam on the 5.

Edited by thatrandomguy

I-5 is a nightmare along with most of the central valley. I think the sites on I-5 are nearly all GMO sites. They need 800MHz and fiber badly.

The vast majority of the sites along i5 are full build.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not that it matters but Sprint updated their coverage maps and now some parts of the east bay are spark. I'm ecstatic and extremely discussed by this because I've seen almost no improvement since I've gotten this phone in November. I know Sprint hasn't deployed 800 LTE here yet which is so essential for this market but it's really annoying not really having a phone since 2011. Anyway sorry for this half rant but I just needed to say something. On a more positive note I hope samsung starts throwing those 800 carrier cards at every site whenever they get the chance.

Side note:

Also I saw the new framily commercial and my mom felt insulted that sprint would claim they have an all new network (with fewer dropped calls and faster data speeds). We just got back from a road trip to SoCal and had the worst experience with dozens of dropped calls, unusable/no data, and ours phones would refuse to roam on the 5.

Lol Sprint's coverage maps are enormous jokes. I don't know what planet they live on that the maps and their coverage correspond.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk