Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Back to 1 x RTT today. Damn teaser tests...

I had 1x 800 all day today from sfo to sunset. So it was fine for me today.

I know you mentioned you got 1x 800 around the twin peaks area earlier. Do you know which sites?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why some towers have 1x 800 but haven't had LTE added yet? There are quite a few in Emeryville, west Berkeley by the freeway, and Oakland near MacArthur BART that have 1x 800 but no LTE. Is this just because they haven't upgraded the backhaul yet for some reason?

Does anyone know why some towers have 1x 800 but haven't had LTE added yet? There are quite a few in Emeryville, west Berkeley by the freeway, and Oakland near MacArthur BART that have 1x 800 but no LTE. Is this just because they haven't upgraded the backhaul yet for some reason?

LTE requires upgraded backhaul. CDMA 800 does not. The backhaul vendor has not delivered their backhaul yet at those sites. There are aw many reasons as there are sites remaining.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone else been noticing really slow lte in the east bay?

This week I've been working mostly in the east bay and the speeds are really slow. Same location and same time months ago I used to always have a connection of 15-31 Mbps . Now anywhere from 1-4 Mbps.

Also I lose lte pretty often. I wanted to see if it was the s3 so I took my t mobile sim out of my nexus 5 and used my nexus 5 the past two days and still same problems. As well with the iPad mini :/

I haven't noticed speed issues, but I've been having SMS issues (my roommate has the same issue, different phone). Basically texts get stuck sending. You can try resending it all you want but it won't send unless you change it somehow. Just adding an extra space somewhere is enough to cause it to send right away.

It's been happening for about 2 weeks now, pretty frustrating.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Another good update today. Mostly 1x 800 stuff we knew about but still. I have been getting a lot of dropped calls in the sunset lately though on my s3. Even with solid 1x 800 coverage. My wife's Q10 is having no such issues (which if I'm not mistaken has no 1x 800)

• Like 1

So over in the LG Google Nexus 5 thread, they figured out that a certain baseband version ignores the lack of eCSBF on the network and connects to Band 41. I just tired it out, and check this out:

2014-02-10.png
2014-02-10 (1).png

I'm blown away by those speeds. I took that screenshot on the corner of Folsom St and 1st St just a little while ago on my way home from work.

• Like 5

Wow impressive. You should lay down a 73 on the sensorly map as well. So now that it ignores the lack of ecsbf does it miss calls? Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

If your area is having Ecsfb issues yeah you will most likely miss calls on the .15 baseband

I just tired it out, and check this out:

With those speeds, you did just tire it out.

:P

AJ

Wow impressive. You should lay down a 73 on the sensorly map as well.

So now that it ignores the lack of ecsbf does it miss calls?

Yes, you can't even place calls or texts. On my lock screen it says "Searching for service" and I can't update the PRL or Profile because it says I don't have service. This is all while the LTE is blasting 75mbps at me.

• Like 1

No, I had to do something a little more extreme than that. Over in the LG Google Nexus 5 thread the discussion lately has been that installing a specific baseband version (M8974A-1.0.25.0.15) will automatically scan for B41 and ignore missing eCSFB paging information. That's a winning combination if you are trying to connect to B41 sites in San Francisco with a Nexus 5. You just can't make or receive phone calls and SMS's while you are connected to LTE.

No, I had to do something a little more extreme than that. Over in the LG Google Nexus 5 thread the discussion lately has been that installing a specific baseband version (M8974A-1.0.25.0.15) will automatically scan for B41 and ignore missing eCSFB paging information. That's a winning combination if you are trying to connect to B41 sites in San Francisco with a Nexus 5. You just can't make or receive phone calls and SMS's while you are connected to LTE.

I see. Thank you for clarifying.  

Having said that, i'm shocked that people would even consider all that baseband work when one could easily achieve the same thing through *#*#4636#*#* and selecting 'LTE only' in the 'Phone Information' tab.

I dealt with missed calls, but once the text messaging became unreliable I had to revert back to the Sprint compatible radio settings...

You just can't make or receive phone calls and SMS's while you are connected to LTE.

Has anyone tried gv App or Google voice for texting? I know gv won't work after may 1st. But hopefully sf will be up to speed by then.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I see. Thank you for clarifying.  

Having said that, i'm shocked that people would even consider all that baseband work when one could easily achieve the same thing through *#*#4636#*#* and selecting 'LTE only' in the 'Phone Information' tab.

I dealt with missed calls, but once the text messaging became unreliable I had to revert back to the Sprint compatible radio settings...

Just putting the phone in LTE Only mode will not allow it to scan for B41 and B26 on the newer basebands. Only the older basebands will scan for these frequencies w/o a PRL update. 

Nice sensorly markers db! Green!

I just visited the new lte/800 site on noriega and it was fully operational! Put down some purple. So it went from untouched to 4g/3g/800 in like a week. Hope the rest of them will be this fast. Just not one at a time.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Quick heads up for you Peninsula and South Bay folks. You can order a Nexus 5 (or 7) from Google Shopping Express delivered same day to your door for $25 off. Use the code GMAIL25. free delivery. (it's basically anything they offer with a $25 credit, but I'd figure keep it on topic)

• Like 1

Posted Image

I got this on that brand new site on noriega. Pretty good speed test considering it was on my s3 and it's a major city. I haven't seen that fast a test on band 25 in a long long time. Middle of the day. Especially in an urban setting.

• Like 3

Got another B41 site with nearly maxed out speeds.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392579214298.jpg

This is on Alameda near the Webster st tunnel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Amazing! Is that speed possible on Spark?  Cannot wait until we see some Spark in San Diego.