Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Probably just 3G accepting the cluster. Exciting, but hardly groundbreaking. Typically 1 data speed upgrade is 3G and two data speed upgrades are LTE.

Thanks! It'll be interesting with sf. A 3g cluster launch would be groudbreaking. It would fix ecsfb issues. Cause most of those single data speed upgrades are 4G only and cripple most triband phones.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Probably just 3G accepting the cluster. Exciting, but hardly groundbreaking. Typically 1 data speed upgrade is 3G and two data speed upgrades are LTE.

You were right it was a cluster launch! This is huge! All of Western sf is now cluster launched.

Thanks! It'll be interesting with sf. A 3g cluster launch would be groudbreaking. It would fix ecsfb issues. Cause most of those single data speed upgrades are 4G only and cripple most triband phones.

Oh yeah, a cluster launch across the market would be groundbreaking, but most sites outside of the sunset and richmond are still on legacy equipment, no work done. 

Edit: Okay, I may have understated it a bit, that was actually a much bigger update than I was expecting!

• Like 1

This is great! New site in the golden gate park on top of the California Academy of Sciences too. Great to see some progress. I'll post an updated permit map in the sponsors forum when I get off work.

• Like 1

Yeah its a decent size update. Still sucks for downtown since now work appears to be moving. But let's hope this is a sign of things to come.

At this stage they're GMO'ing the hell out of everything to get stuff cluster launched for 3G and swapping to full builds when they can so you may not see progress on the actual cell site itself but the cabinet and radios and other equipment may be sitting inside the leased area away from prying eyes. 

• Like 3

At this stage they're GMO'ing the hell out of everything to get stuff cluster launched for 3G and swapping to full builds when they can so you may not see progress on the actual cell site itself but the cabinet and radios and other equipment may be sitting inside the leased area away from prying eyes.

They are? Was this confirmed? That's good news, I'm all for it. I wish they gmo'd everything sooner. I remember a( long long) while back in this thread we wondered if Berkeley was gonna go the GMO route. Who knew it would be SF to go that route.

They are? Was this confirmed? That's good news, I'm all for it. I wish they gmo'd everything sooner. I remember a( long long) while back in this thread we wondered if Berkeley was gonna go the GMO route. Who knew it would be SF to go that route.

Every remaining Samsung market I tracked had temporary GMO pushes near the very end to get cluster launched with rapid conversions to full builds afterwards. 

• Like 2

I haven't been keeping track of this thread, but why did work seemingly ground to a halt in San Francisco? I'm glad to see movement though.

Nobody really has a good answer to that question. Sounds like sprint dropped the ball since they had most of the permits issued by 2012.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Every remaining Samsung market I tracked had temporary GMO pushes near the very end to get cluster launched with rapid conversions to full builds afterwards. 

This a great news considering tri-band LTE devices will now have access to band 41 LTE in the city.

Looks like a full build site near the Embarcadero towers. Can you upload the full res image to imgur or google drive or something? Tapatalk is re-sizing it down.

Yeah its on the 6th floor. Not too far from embarcadero.

http://imgur.com/sDaK4CR

http://imgur.com/AgzFtg7

• Like 1

Yeah its on the 6th floor. Not too far from embarcadero.

http://imgur.com/sDaK4CR

http://imgur.com/AgzFtg7

That's actually a very interesting setup. I had to get some help in the lounge from lilotimz and the guys to help figure it out. 

Looks like they hooked up the legacy PCS transmitters to the new antenna. The RRU is only partially hooked up. Looks like everything is ready and they would just hot swap the coax lines to hook up the antenna when they're ready to cluster launch.

• Like 1

That's actually a very interesting setup. I had to get some help in the lounge from lilotimz and the guys to help figure it out.

Looks like they hooked up the legacy PCS transmitters to the new antenna. The RRU is only partially hooked up. Looks like everything is ready and they would just hot swap the coax lines to hook up the antenna when they're ready to cluster launch.

I'll post the address in your other post if you want to check it out yourself and take better pics maybe.

This a great news considering tri-band LTE devices will now have access to band 41 LTE in the city.

Band 41? ill just be ecstatic to connect to band 25 lte again!! (without putting it in lte only mode)

Band 41? ill just be ecstatic to connect to band 25 lte again!! (without putting it in lte only mode)

At this point I do not care whether it is clear band 41, band 25, or band 26, as long as it is LTE. The legacy evdo is killing me in the city.

It happened in Denver and in Omaha/Lincoln NE and Des Moines IA. Just recently we witnessed all the remaining sites in the Denver area get GMOed and the cluster launched. I expect we'll see many of those converted to full builds over the next couple of months.

• Like 1

That's not completely true. There have been many conversions taking place over the last couple months.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well, it depends how you define "many".  Right now, I'm counting 11 GMO towers and another 4 without LTE in Omaha/CB area.  If SF gets launched, and come December, we still 15 towers without LTE, that's not much of a launch in my book.  

I know that Sprint would launch markets early on with about 50% of towers upgraded, but given how mature the LTE market has become since then, and how long Sprint's been dragging their, my patience / tolerance has eroded.  

a3adesym.jpg

u9e3abev.jpg

There must be something wrong with the dots right?? And I know this isn't B26 because there's none in the area.

Edit: added filed test screenshot

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Edited by thatrandomguy

Has anyone driven from the Bay Area to LA lately? Just did the drive and was surprised and disappointed at both voice and data service most of the way on the 5. Call quality was generally terrible (garbled and dropped calls) and data throughput was literally zero almost the whole time except for patches 5 or so minutes at a time. Was something odd going on, or is this just the current state of service on that route? My phone was mostly not usable.