Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Sensorly maps are updated within several hours of getting new data, often within 10 or 15 minutes. If you are not seeing your data after a couple of hours, then there was a problem with your phone reporting the information.

Man, I'm so confused then. How many "points" does it take to register? Here's a screenshot I took after just 4 minutes of map trip just inside my house. Previous trips where I actually ride around town yield hundreds. The Sensorly app's home page says I've collected 2776 measurements... Now only some of those include LTE points but still!

Anyways... Still getting very strong LTE signal right inside my house. A few minute drive in any direction switches me over to 3G. I guess I'm really lucky! It's about as fast as my wi-fi through AT&T U-Verse's DSL and 10 times as fast as my girlfriend's DSL.

post-3195-0-95064900-1359742146_thumb.png

• Like 1

Man, I'm so confused then. How many "points" does it take to register? Here's a screenshot I took after just 4 minutes of map trip just inside my house. Previous trips where I actually ride around town yield hundreds.

Anyways... Still getting very strong LTE signal right inside my house. A few minute drive in any direction switches me over to 3G. I guess I'm really lucky! It's about as fast as my wi-fi through AT&T U-Verse's DSL and 10 times as fast as my girlfriend's DSL.

I believe it will only update new "points" when new GPS coordinates are hit. Which is why you wouldn't have many when you're relatively still.

then why hasn't the area around my house at least showed up on the map? It's not even registering as a tiny blip.

Not sure, have you tried walking around outside and seeing if it updates? I generally haven't had issues with sensorly.

Did some active mapping today with great results. Took the highway from work at Sorrento Valley down to Gilman exit. I can confirm a full 4g LTE signal as you approach Gilman on the 5. Should get to sensorly soon, hopefully.

Got screenshots and a speed test.

post-10005-13597548242047_thumb.jpg

post-10005-13597548523006_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sqy0h
  • Like 2

No, it's definitely the LTE. WiMax coverage is much better in this area than that. I noticed that I couldn't see the new LTE coverage unless I had zoomed into a close enough level. I also did a refresh of the map. Maybe there is some cache that needs to be cleared?

On, Sensorly, I'm not seeing any of these spots for the LTE side. Are they on the WIMAX one?

Control+F5 should clear any cache.

I too have an issue seeing the LTE spots that zooming fixes. Zooming in and out though only really works if you know where to look. Otherwise, you could be zooming all day. Anyone have a better solution?

If you guys have any Roms where the dev thought it was cute to change the carrier branding you will never see your points on the map. They go into the Sensorly lala land as you are reporting coverage for a fake carrier.

I even tried to set some of these devs straight on the issue but they were more worried about how to make all their icons blue and how to put 57 toggles on the notification pull down. So I gave up..

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 2

Got a few more purple 4G LTE blips on Sensorly in the I-5 La Jolla corridor. I marked Via Mallorca, Via Marin, to the left of I-5. To the right of I-5, I got La Jolla Colony Dr. and Palmilla Dr.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-6420-13597629630132_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

If you guys have any Roms where the dev thought it was cute to change the carrier branding you will never see your points on the map. They go into the Sensorly lala land as you are reporting coverage for a fake carrier.

I even tried to set some of these devs straight on the issue but they were more worried about how to make all their icons blue and how to put 57 toggles on the notification pull down. So I gave up..

Sent from my little Note2

well that explains it. sigh... i really like my ROM though...

does anyone know when they will start to light up towers?

They have started. Each site will go live one at a time as each is complete and passes inspection. There will not be a miraculous thing where the whole market will go live at once. More and more will go live every week, but it will take many months to have widespread coverage.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk