Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Have to stay patient people, I'm stoked that Sprint is launching 4G LTE in San Diego just like everyone else is but until this market is officially launched by Sprint, just assume that we are always going to be in testing mode.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well put. Just getting ancy!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Have to stay patient people, I'm stoked that Sprint is launching 4G LTE in San Diego just like everyone else is but until this market is officially launched by Sprint, just assume that we are always going to be in testing mode.

yup.

Scripps/Poway has been up and down as well. Pretty standard in all the sites.

Just picked up 4G on the 15 between Aero Dr. and Clairemont Mesa Blvd and I did some mapping in the area.

10.61/6.63 speed test above the Charger training facility.

Nice job!!

Edited by bugzy

Just picked up 4G on the 15 between Aero Dr. and Clairemont Mesa Blvd and I did some mapping in the area.

10.61/6.63 speed test above the Charger training facility.

Nice! The purple blobs are getting close to my house.

I know what you mean but for people like myself who have been waiting for 4G since 2010 when I switched to Sprint and got the "first 4G phone" in the EVO 4G it has been a long time coming. Now just hope Sprint remembers there are people below the North County and starts activating 4G down here soon. Nice to see sites lighting up but just wish some would light up from Downtown and below

<br /><br />I know what you mean but for people like myself who have been waiting for 4G since 2010 when I switched to Sprint and got the "first 4G phone" in the EVO 4G it has been a long time coming. Now just hope Sprint remembers there are people below the North County and starts activating 4G down here soon. Nice to see sites lighting up but just wish some would light up from Downtown and below
<br /><br />I hear ya man. I bought the exact same phone in the exact same year only to be bummed that ,4G WiMax never even made it into the county except for that protection site off of I-5 near Nobel Drive. Although let's be honest, there are sites below the State Route 52 equator (which believe it or not, tons of people think they've hit North County once they venture north of that freeway (I would beg to differ as the North County border starts north of the State Route 56.<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

I know what you mean but for people like myself who have been waiting for 4G since 2010 when I switched to Sprint and got the "first 4G phone" in the EVO 4G it has been a long time coming. Now just hope Sprint remembers there are people below the North County and starts activating 4G down here soon. Nice to see sites lighting up but just wish some would light up from Downtown and below

Yeah, I'm always surprised when you don't see it in city centers. I was talking with a friend last night who has a GS3 on Sprint and lives in Honolulu, and she said that they don't have any 4G there. You would think that with such a tight population center, it would be easy to roll out there.

Edited by djmatty

They are working in all of SDC. Already sites complete in La Mesa and Santee. I don't consider those areas North County. We will see sites in National City, CV and IB in the next few weeks or so. They already have 3G side of many sites in the South Bay complete, they just need to get backhaul hooked up on the LTE side fired up and tested. It's happening.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Is El Cajon going to get some 4g soon?

Lakeside/El Cajon has a LTE ready station, as well as some in Santee and La Mesa... El Cajon has seen alot of improvments and alot of work has been done, now it is a waiting game to get the sites signed off.. (El Cajon resident myself)

The sponsor forums has a great map, which shows you whats going on around you at the tower level... check that out its pretty cool.

We are in the wheelhouse for LTE in San Diego... and once we get going its going to happen fairly quickly.

Lakeside/El Cajon has a LTE ready station, as well as some in Santee and La Mesa... El Cajon has seen alot of improvments and alot of work has been done, now it is a waiting game to get the sites signed off.. (El Cajon resident myself)

The sponsor forums has a great map, which shows you whats going on around you at the tower level... check that out its pretty cool.

We are in the wheelhouse for LTE in San Diego... and once we get going its going to happen fairly quickly.

Can you post the direct link for the map?

how do you become a sponsor ? i would like to do all i can for the program

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

S4GRU Sponsor. For members who donate money through PayPal to S4GRU to help fund the costs of Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, you get the S4GRU Sponsor title for six months from your last donation. Once you donate $100 or more in total, you get the title indefinitely and upgraded to Premier Sponsor (see below). S4GRU Sponsors get:
  • Access to the S4GRU Sponsors Forum (contents subject to change, but includes some interactive maps)
  • Allow profile customizations
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x250)
  • Can edit forum posts up to six hours after posting (incognito)
  • No limitations on auto signatures
  • Not subject to flood control timeouts
  • Store up to 250 Private Messages
  • No daily limit on Private Messages
  • Up to 10 People allowed in a Personal Message
  • Can view who gave you reputation points
  • Unlimited inline notifications

S4GRU Premier Sponsor. S4GRU Sponsors who donate $100 or more in total, get to keep the title indefinitely and you also get in addition to the benefits of the S4GRU Sponsor above:

• Access to the S4GRU Premier Sponsor Forum (contents subject to change, but includes NV schedule maps for many markets)
  • Bypass word filters
  • Can post HTML in posts
  • No limit to number of people allowed in a Personal Message
  • Unlimited PM storage
  • Allow attachments in PM's
  • Allow unlimited amounts of reputation points to be given
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x400)
  • Can edit forum posts at any time (incognito)
  • Can soft delete own posts
  • Avoids any moderation queues

S4GRU Contributing Author. For members who write news articles for S4GRU, you get an even better membership group. S4GRU Contributing Authors get all the S4GRU Premier Sponsor benefits plus they get the acclaim of being in the S4GRU inner circle and access to Staff forums. After you become a trusted regular contributor, you will be given the ability to post your own articles directly up in The Wall. You can create drafts of articles and keep them stored until ready for publishing. This status will stay active for six months after you publish your most recent S4GRU article.

NOTE: The PayPal donation button is located in The Forumsmain page, at the upper right hand corner.

ANOTHER NOTE: For a speedier upgrade, please put your S4GRU screen name in the comments section of your PayPal donation.

After donation: Most donations result in an automatic upgrade within minutes. If you click on your profile and see that your Group now says S4GRU Sponsor or Premier Sponsor, then your account upgrade has taken effect. 90% of accounts are upgraded very quickly. Sometimes I am out of cell range and cannot sign in to upgrade your account, this may result in a delay for a few hours. Once your account is upgraded, you no longer need a password to access Sponsor forums, but you may have to sign out and back in, depending on your browser and its settings.

• Like 2

Found another tower with 4G live today at Jackson/Mission Gorge Rd in the San Carlos area and was able to map quite a bit on Sensorly. I was getting 15MB/down and 7.5MB/up.

It doesn't look like everything's uploaded yet on the map, but here is what's showing up right now:

post-7357-0-69609700-1361570355_thumb.jpg

post-7357-0-61573800-1361577174_thumb.jpg

• Like 2