Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Ok, I don't know what's going on with the Sensorly map. I recently looked at the Encinitas area again on the El Camino Real side, and nothing is there from what I seen earlier of LTE. Is there something wrong with the site? I see only the lighter shade purple I mapped on way home from work on Leucadia/Garden View Rd. There were a few spots mapped up and down El Camino Real, and the Islands Burger restaurant was mapped LTE.

Ok, I don't know what's going on with the Sensorly map.

Hi Marv,

Sensorly maps take anywhere from an hour to a day to fully update. And you'll also find that not all zoom levels update at the same time. Sometimes you'll see coverage on the map, but when you zoom in it's no longer there.

The good news is that everything is usually completely updated after several days :-)

Have a great evening,

John

Yesterday I picked up LTE on El Camino Real/Mesa Dr and mapped on Sensorly to the 76 frwy overpass in Oceanside. On way home after , mapped back heading North, same route, and mapped LTE to intersection of El Camino Real/Mission Ave.

I've noticed towers are back on for Carlsbad. This morning on my way to work, began mapping at the intersection of El Camino Real/La Costa Ave, and had LTE running until I got to El Camino Real/Garden View intersection by the Encinitas post office, which is 2 blocks down from where I work. This is getting exciting!

• Like 1

I mapped again to Encinitas Blvd. Couldn't do a speed test due to busy lunch time traffic. What I did notice where I work, my network showed "EVDO revison A" before LTE popped up. What does that mean?

• Like 1

I mapped again to Encinitas Blvd. Couldn't do a speed test due to busy lunch time traffic. What I did notice where I work, my network showed "EVDO revison A" before LTE popped up. What does that mean?

Marv, you are the man. If you have an opportunity to cruise Encinitas Blvd east and west of El Camino Real, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

Just picked up 4G in Santee on Cuyamaca from Weld south to Fletcher, and a little beyond. I mapped it on Sensorly. It used to only show up on the north side of the 52.

• Like 1

Marv, you are the man. If you have an opportunity to cruise Encinitas Blvd east and west of El Camino Real, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

3dog, I tried mapping more at Encinitas Blvd. I began heading west, and picked up LTE for a split second then it went back to 3G. It was so quick, it was impossible to map. I tried again, and nothing. Including east. While being there, my network mode was showing 1xRTT both east and west of Encinitas Blvd.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for checking it out so quick Marv. I sure hope Sprint will get it fixed up one of these days. I know that as of last weekend, I still drop calls on Encinitas Blvd, while showing 5 bars, so I think they're continuing to work on it. Anyway, thanks for taking the ride, and if you feel like checking again every once and a while, I'd sure appreciate it (as I don't have my LTE phone yet). The Sensorly map looks awfully vacant through Encinitas. Great to know they're finally beginning to populate El Camino Real.

Edited by 3dog

Hey thanks for checking it out so quick Marv. I sure hope Sprint will get it fixed up one of these days. I know that as of last weekend, I still drop calls on Encinitas Blvd, while showing 5 bars, so I think they're continuing to work on it. Anyway, thanks for taking the ride, and if you feel like checking again every once and a while, I'd sure appreciate it (as I don't have my LTE phone yet). The Sensorly map looks awfully vacant through Encinitas. Great to know they're finally beginning to populate El Camino Real.

I will try again tomorrow morning, and see what happens. I work a couple of blocks down from that intersection. If nothing then, I'll go during my luch break. BTW, I mapped some more of Garden View to Leucadia if you look at Sensorly.

• Like 1

I will try again tomorrow morning, and see what happens. I work a couple of blocks down from that intersection.
Hey Marv, I did see where your good work resulted in updates down El Camino Real on Sensorly. Great job. BTW, don't bust your hump checking it out. It's probably going to take them a little while to get it all together. However, we do really appreciate your mapping runs. Thanks!

Hey Marv, I did see where your good work resulted in updates down El Camino Real on Sensorly. Great job. BTW, don't bust your hump checking it out. It's probably going to take them a little while to get it all together. However, we do really appreciate your mapping runs. Thanks!

I tried again this afternoon mapping Encinitas Blvd East/West and no luck. I did map Via Cantebria and Via Montoro. As soon as I got LTE on Via Cantebria/Encinitas Blvd traffic light turning west, it turned over to 3G. I did notice Most of Encinitas Blvd showed 1xRTT network. As for Via Montoro, I work on the other side of Via Montoro/El Camino Real, and wondering why isn't that side picking up LTE unlike the other?

• Like 1

So I picked up 4G on La Jolla village drive, between Villa La Jolla and La Jolla scenic north, this morning. Couldn't map it because I didn't get a GPS lock before I got home. I'll try to get some data later today unless someone else has time today. Still don't quite have it at home yet. I'm sandwiched between two sites. Soon....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sqy0h

I was picking up some 4G LTE signal on I-15 from Mission Road near Fallbrook to Rainbow Valley Blvd, however I wasn't getting any useable data speed. I'm guessing they have to work on the internet connection to those sites.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So I picked up 4G on La Jolla village drive, between Villa La Jolla and La Jolla scenic north, this morning. Couldn't map it because I didn't get a GPS lock before I got home. I'll try to get some data later today unless someone else has time today. Still don't quite have it at home yet. I'm sandwiched between two sites. Soon....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I live off of Regents and my girlfriend teaches at UCSD, so it sounds like I'll be over there tonight.