Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

Ah gotcha. My apologies no offense intended. I just looked at the huge gaping hole on sensorly from downtown clear up glenwood, I thought ive had signal in that area before but it was closer to pleasant valley.

Again no offense intended :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by poor_red_neck

Negative... I drive from south Raleigh area/garner and through downtown up to just b4 crabtree and get zip 4g once I leave my garner tower....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I don't know. They rolled out LTE relatively quickly down 401 to Ten ten road and they did expand down us 70 but large areas of Old stage, white oak,timber drive and vandora springs is still uncovered. As far as Raleigh, I can never go through downtown or the NC state area without getting LTE. Now I-40 is a different situation.

Negative... I drive from south Raleigh area/garner and through downtown up to just b4 crabtree and get zip 4g once I leave my garner tower....

I don't know. They rolled out LTE relatively quickly down 401 to Ten ten road and they did expand down us 70 but large areas of Old stage, white oak,timber drive and vandora springs is still uncovered. As far as Raleigh, I can never go through downtown or the NC state area without getting LTE. Now I-40 is a different situation.

If you take 401-> South Saunders and head north you won't get it when u reach downtown... Then from south Saunders take wade ave-> gleenwood and continue north up to cabtree mall... You won't get it till you get to the beltline...

Guess that's just a giant black hole strip of no coverage there I travel every day...

Has anyone seen improved 3g speeds? East cary has always been very bad for me with 3g speeds and I have noticed lately it has gotten better. I can actually stream pandora with no interruptions. I still never see speeds above 300kbps while other markets are seeing closer to 1mbps with the NV upgraded towers.

Has anyone seen improved 3g speeds? East cary has always been very bad for me with 3g speeds and I have noticed lately it has gotten better. I can actually stream pandora with no interruptions. I still never see speeds above 300kbps while other markets are seeing closer to 1mbps with the NV upgraded towers.

I've noticed better 3G performance at home.  I'm guessing it's because now that LTE is active some people are connecting to 4G and there are less on 3G.  The speeds and ping times aren't what I would expect from 3G on an NV upgraded site but the network is more stable.  The last few months there were many times during the day where just loading a simple webpage (like Google) would timeout.  The last few weeks that hasn't happened more than a handful of times.

• Like 1

3G has definitely improved in the past 6-10 months, but it's still not where it should be. I still can't stream rdio on my phone on the way home from work without it skipping so much as to be unplayable. At least now I hear more than 5 seconds total of the music though, so I suppose we are seeing progress. I am just becoming more and more impatient as the days go by. Luckily, I've been spared of most of the dropped/blocked call nightmares so far.

I stay with Sprint because I hope that in April 2014 (when I can upgrade next) I'll get a tri-band LTE phone that will pick up a usable LTE signal anywhere I go in Raleigh. I hope that's the case, anyway.

• Like 1

If you take 401-> South Saunders and head north you won't get it when u reach downtown... Then from south Saunders take wade ave-> gleenwood and continue north up to cabtree mall... You won't get it till you get to the beltline...

Guess that's just a giant black hole strip of no coverage there I travel every day...

I frequent the area near the parking deck and I frequently get LTE(dawson and davies).

t-mobile lte now on capital blvd & 540.  at this rate t-mobile lte will be in wake forest before sprint.

Really, are they thinking about putting LTE in wake forest or are you just saying sprint is never going to fix LTE here?

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread and like most in Wake Forest have experienced LTE turning on and off. As of yesterday, looks like the Averette Rd tower now has LTE back on and I am getting around 12mb down and 7mb up. I have mapped some of the area with Sensorly when it first came online, but I'll be sure to do some more.

Also, the tower on Thompson Mill still has very good LTE speeds, up to 20mb down, very consistent. Not sure if other towers in WF have LTE lit up, but I'll be sure to post when they do.

3G speeds are now consistently at 2mb down on the Averette tower (I am pretty sure that's what I am connected to). The Open Signal app used to show me, but doesn't any more. If you have an app that shows tower connections, please share.

LTE on 401, just south of Rolesville has been fairly consistent, around 7-10mb down.

Thanks.

• Like 2

pretty sure a new tower is up on gleenwood ave....picked up LTE yesterday, tried to map, gleenwood ave just before the beltline (440), tower near women's club drive...slowly but surely :). dropped abrublty before reaching crabtree mall though. HTC Evo lte.

• Like 1

And LTE is off again in Wake Forest  :td:

I have an extremely strong hunch that Sprint are going to abandon the Wake Forest water tower, and move its LTE antennas over to the nextel tower next to the WF police station/town hall. Otherwise I cannot understand why there have been no installs yet. Another thing that puzzles me, is that just a month or so ago... they wired the water tower with a fiber pedistool... it can be noted that cricket also leases space on the tower...  just don't know exactly what to think at this point.

They must have done a down tilt adjustment or something in Wendell. I work at Lizard Lick crossroads and used to get usable 4g signal on Hwy 97 except for the dip near little river park. Not so for the past week or two.

I have an extremely strong hunch that Sprint are going to abandon the Wake Forest water tower, and move its LTE antennas over to the nextel tower next to the WF police station/town hall. Otherwise I cannot understand why there have been no installs yet. Another thing that puzzles me, is that just a month or so ago... they wired the water tower with a fiber pedistool... it can be noted that cricket also leases space on the tower...  just don't know exactly what to think at this point.

So is there currently an LTE install on the water tower, it's just not on? Sensorly has strong LTE mapped all around that area, but I've never had LTE downtown. Must have been short lived.

I have an extremely strong hunch that Sprint are going to abandon the Wake Forest water tower, and move its LTE antennas over to the nextel tower next to the WF police station/town hall. Otherwise I cannot understand why there have been no installs yet. Another thing that puzzles me, is that just a month or so ago... they wired the water tower with a fiber pedistool... it can be noted that cricket also leases space on the tower... just don't know exactly what to think at this point.

So is there currently an LTE install on the water tower, it's just not on? Sensorly has strong LTE mapped all around that area, but I've never had LTE downtown. Must have been short lived.

Yep

It was about three days..

Amusingly I get lte in the Subway, but not usable outside in the parking lot at gateway....

They really are doing this migration the worst possible way to keep customers..

No LTE antennas on water tower. Only fiber has been installed there.

See http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2026-network-visionlte-raleighdurham-market-includes-fayetteville/?p=155692

I love and hate this town at the same time. We are getting a 1Gbs internet, but unless something changes only one area is getting it. We had Sprint LTE and then it was taken away. And T-mobile is putting up LTE in the RDU, but not here that is stuck with 2G.

Oh well, at lest I don't have to move into the sticks any more.

I just hope Sprint puts there LTE up in the next year so that I can try it out. (I can wait a little longer due to AT&T now only costing me 39.99 a month for a one line plan with unlimited data for the next 12 months.) 

• 2 weeks later...

I need to know if there is any info on Goldsboro, NC. I am constantly told dates for LTE and they come and go and its really annoying. Everywhere around Goldsboro has LTE including farmland in the middle of nowhere and even the hole in the wall LA Grange has it. I've noticed eHRPD in the area for a while now and I've been told there are two towers that have been upgraded for LTE but still nothing... Any info would be great!

Thanks!

Edited by nolimit06
  • Like 1

I need to know if there is any info on Goldsboro, NC. I am constantly told dates for LTE and they come and go and its really annoying. Everywhere around Goldsboro has LTE including farmland in the middle of nowhere and even the hole in the wall LA Grange has it. I've noticed eHRPD in the area for a while now and I've been told there are two towers that have been upgraded for LTE but still nothing... Any info would be great!

Thanks!

Many sites in the area have already been physically upgraded. Just waiting on high speed backhaul to be installed, then they can fire them up. If you look at the Sponsor map you will see the sites already upgraded with new equipment. They are the red ones. When they turn yellow (or green), then LTE has been accepted as complete.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Many sites in the area have already been physically upgraded. Just waiting on high speed backhaul to be installed, then they can fire them up. If you look at the Sponsor map you will see the sites already upgraded with new equipment. They are the red ones. When they turn yellow (or green), then LTE has been accepted as complete. Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Or... they will not light up at all, if you're in Wake Forest

Many sites in the area have already been physically upgraded. Just waiting on high speed backhaul to be installed, then they can fire them up. If you look at the Sponsor map you will see the sites already upgraded with new equipment. They are the red ones. When they turn yellow (or green), then LTE has been accepted as complete. Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sounds like a Centurylink issue....again.

Sounds like a Centurylink issue....again.

I personally had a 24 hr centurylink (prism) outage over the weekend, it involved 5 physical techs... 12hrs from 8am to 8pm.   I got downgraded from VDSL2 to ADSL2+ bonded. Not a happy camper, but at least it's working now.

• Like 1