Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

We just had a lot more acceptances of 3G upgrades on existing 4G towers and Legacy towers in Raleigh.  Looks like they are trying to resolve the circuit switch fallback issue by getting all the 3G upgrades out of the way.  Anyone have a Nexus 5 or other triband device that is picking up 4G now?

No, No 4G yet. If you look at Charlotte, they didnt flip the "eCSFB fix" switch until all but 2 towers (yes two) were upgraded with at least 3G. So I'm betting we still have a little while. Great to see so much progress in Raleigh though, they are definitely trying the last week or so, and im betting it's a primary focus for them now. I've seen lots of tower climbers all down 40 and in RTP this past week.

As soon as you hit Wilson traveling east though, the Nexus 5 switches to LTE and behaves normally, picking up LTE where available, all the way to the coast.

Well, I guess since no one's posted about it yet I'll go ahead and say that I've (finally) been able to get LTE on my Nexus 5 most places around Raleigh for the past few days! Glad the problem has been sorted out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Been here in NC since Christmas Eve visting family. I mapped up a couple of areas. Warsaw is where I'm located staying with relatives (notice blue location dot). No Sprint service at all in the town of Warsaw, and my phone is useless. Lots of US Cellular and Verizon towers all over. As for my location just a little outside of town, I've been getting LTE/3G service. When switching between the 2, I'm getting LTE anywhere from 110-120 dBm, and with 3G, 96-116 dBm. On a good day, LTE will be on for a couple hrs at relative house staying at 113 at best. Yesterday I picked up strong LTE on the 117 highway just a little south of Warsaw. Did 1 speed test at a location a relative and I stopped at and got a speed of 14.90 up and 7.99 down. I will try to get out that way again this week to see how much further South LTE will extend.

I also mapped up the 701B highway in Clinton. Had LTE speeds of 15 up by Hobbton High.

Mapped the 24 highway heading West to Fayetteville. Picked up LTE nearing the end of Autry throughout Autryville, Clinton Rd (spotty) to the 95 interstate overpass.

Was in Goldsboro Monday, and had average speeds of 25 down on the 117/13 highways.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aoxynym23d3l4kc/0wUFTPmOU2

• Like 1

that's I've had more LTE service in rural areas of NC lately than in my actual town....

I've noticed that. I only get service in areas where towers are lit. Everywhere else, no need to have my phone on me lol. Since arriving in NC, and doing many speed tests, overall average speeds came out to 15 up in the best LTE coverage areas.

Headed up to Faison to visit another relative Friday afternoon. Picked up LTE and mapped a good portion of the 117 heading up that way, and had great signal all the way up to the 117 N highway. Also picked up and mapped in Calypso, and more LTE on way back down to Warsaw in the area where I have been staying with a relative.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ggvgnj7sbqatq4x/L1EG1xmZKM

Well Sunday was my last day vacationing in NC. Went back out to Clinton, and picked up LTE on Rowan Rd that I mapped. I've also noticed a little better 3G coverage in more parts of Warsaw that had pretty decent speeds.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5am0x0j5ad17iyr/LJJdSyw5kN

• Like 1

Guys, hope you enjoy the pics and video, at least from a different perspective.. on behalf of Wake Forest Fiber (for the photos) & Wake Forest News (for the drone video)

P.S. Copy/Paste the following link in your browser and you can enable 1080HD video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBWj-F_b-kM
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received a text last week from Sprint stating that NV upgrades will be mostly complete within the next month. Did anyone else receive the same?

Yes, I have also.  And a lot of people in markets all around the country.  Even Robert, who has Sprint devices but now lives in an area that doesn't have native Sprint service, received the message.

Basically, it's pretty meaningless.