Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Just checked, still having issues with both my Wife's and my phones.  Can work through our airwave but get away from the airwave and get a fast busy signal.  Sprint says system still having issues and wont be fixed until at least tomorrow.

Are you in Waukesha right now? I'm at work near the airport and I can make calls just fine. I'm connected to 1x800 from the Dopp St. tower...

(It's probably an Apple thing. That's what you get!)   :)

Hope its not an Apple thing.  It's the only phone I have not had problems with.  Had recent versions of HTC and Samsung and both were less than acceptable.  I do have days I do miss android.  Yes still at home.  Just looked at the phone and I have intermittent one bar and 1x.

Nope, issues on my Samsung Note II.  I've had issues for weeks on it with random calls saying call cannot go through.  Did receive a couple of calls this morning though.

Hope its not an Apple thing.  It's the only phone I have not had problems with.  Had recent versions of HTC and Samsung and both were less than acceptable.  I do have days I do miss android.  Yes still at home.  Just looked at the phone and I have intermittent one bar and 1x.

No issues on my apple today in New Berlin.

Only strange thing I noticed was that a couple days ago, I couldn't get a txt to go through after like 4 tries with reasonable signal strength. I've had no trouble making/receiving any calls. (SW corner of Milw Co., Lower East Side and in between)

I was also experiencing issues yesterday making outgoing calls from around 100 and Capital. The other Sprint phone we have was also experiencing issues. After making the call there would be silence for about 15 seconds, then a busy signal. This has been occurring intermittently the past 2 or 3 days.

I experienced this monday most of the day and a lot today even with an Air Rave in Glendale.

The 3G icon isnt even lighting up most of the time on my HTC One today downtown by the Amtrak Station which is unusual. 

Hopefully this is a promising sign.

I have not had problems with voice in Waukesha at all the past few days, i work near sunset and 164.

Today south of Dowtown Milwaukee my G2 kept bouncing back and fourth from LTE and 3G, was really interesting. I got almost 30Mbps down near southridge!

For a couple weeks there, Waukesha and the Milwaukee burbs like Greenfield didn't have any 800, but since yesterday I've had it constantly from Greenfield to Waukesha and even Wauwatosa. I think 800 is here to stay. Now we just need LTE to spread a little more. 

i do not know if it was a test but i have 1mb up and .44 down with lte on Capitol and Fond u lac

There's no way that can be the true "lte" speed.  Those speeds (1mb up & .44 down) are absolutely terrible.  

• Like 1

There's no way that can be the true "lte" speed.  Those speeds (1mb up & .44 down) are absolutely terrible.  

with how congested that area is you are lucky to have any usable internet on sprint but to me with being on sprint network for 13 years its not about the having1 mbps or 13 mbps i am just happy the latency was 50ms so i could play dish, netflixs and everything else and not have any problems

Have you not experienced Sprint's 3G speeds?

No because the 3g speeds that someone would experience in a suburban style city are not the same speeds you would experience in a densely populated inner-city and Fond u lac and Capitol can be considered part of the inner-city. On 3g I have not experienced more than .20-.30 down prior to NV then it increased to .80-.60 down but in the best of times I would only experience those speeds in the early AM or at night.

i do not know if it was a test but i have 1mb up and .44 down with lte on Capitol and Fond u lac

n13, what is your signal strength? You could be connecting to a tower some distance from you, which would explain the slow speeds. 

On a weak signal, it's very possible to see "3G" speeds on LTE.