Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Silenze they look like they could be Sprint antennas, but I am an amateur and can't be sure. They could be on somebody elses tower? I tried to cut and paste a pic from Google maps, but it didn't work. Did you ask if they are doing work for Sprint? Can you cut and paste a picture from Google Maps? You can get a pretty good shot of the tower from street view. Narrow in on that address then do a street view from the highway. When zooming in on it don't do it from really close because it will mess up things that are up high.

Edited by Calvin200

It is looking like we might not see any towers going up for a few more weeks. I would not be surprised if work did not start in the Milwaukee area until mid year. Crossing my fingers for some LTE goodness ready for Summerfest/State Fair.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 14 January 2011

I have yet to verify this, and I am very skeptical that it is true. But my wife claimed that she was getting 4G WiMax at her work on the outskirts of St. Cloud. I tried to pick it up in several spots, including her work, and couldn't connect to anything. I think she was mistaken, but I'm hoping...

I know what grumpy old men would say about it... wish in this hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first.

Work will start before then. Samsung will have all their markets started before the end of Spring. Maybe even sooner.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Man, it's so discouraging to see pretty much every other market around Milwaukee getting work done and sites in progress, but not a blip in Milwaukee yet. Even Iowa has a bunch of work starting... IOWA. I'm pretty sure there are more farms than cell phones in Iowa (I lived there for a couple years and I lived across the street from a corn field) :)

• Like 1

Man, it's so discouraging to see pretty much every other market around Milwaukee getting work done and sites in progress, but not a blip in Milwaukee yet. Even Iowa has a bunch of work starting... IOWA. I'm pretty sure there are more farms than cell phones in Iowa (I lived there for a couple years and I lived across the street from a corn field) :)

I have no sources in Wisconsin. So unless one of my corporate Sprint or Samsung sources provides info about Milwaukee, then we will likely just be surprised when something appears in the market.

However, my Samsung source has said that every Samsung market will be under way in the next 2-3 months. So no matter what, you can take solace in that.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

January was the supposed, not written in stone, month to start the Madison Milwaukee market. Only one backhaul permit was pulled in this market, which was near Madison? What's going wrong?

I have no idea. All I can say is that NV work is running about 3 months behind schedule at this point. Since work was supposed to start in December in MKE market, we should get started no later than the end of March.

I did speak to a Samsung Engineer about a month ago who said that all the remaining Samsung markets will be under way in the Spring at the latest. He said Samsung's biggest issue is not backhaul, equipment or permitting but rather enough competent bodies to do the work. Also, Samsung has a little higher standard than many American companies and has already fired a few subcontractors. He said they fired one company in Washington already for not fulfilling the terms of the contract.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Any new info on Milwaukee? Didn't see anything about it on the map, or even Wisconsin as a whole!

Milwaukee is supposed to start before the end of Winter. But that's only 3 weeks away. It may start late. I'm waiting for more info.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Looks like you found the one of the first permits for Sprint in Mil. That address corresponds to a Sprint tower. Keep your eye on it and any other permits.

I found a list of the of the sites and actually used Google maps/satellite to look at roof tops. There is no way of looking at this one to see what they have done because I'm sure the area is secured. Edited by Calvin200

How are you checking these permits? I found the milwaukee DCD site and have been looking some up.

5361 N HOPKINS ST could be one as well. Can someone check or share the permit site you are checking?