Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Correct me if im wrong but I think At&t already had the backhaul in place because they used HSPA+. I know it is extremely frustrating guys but you will get LTE soon, because it is a fact they are working on it and even the press knows. They probably dont want bad publicity so they will get it done as fast as possible. Many states and major cities still havent started NV. Just hold on guys you wont regret it. attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1372453649887.jpgTower on top of the First Bank in Guaynabo near Tintillo.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have ran numerous speedtests using different devices on att's hspa+ and I have never been to get no more than 1.5 to 2 meg down even under the most optimal conditions.

I live in Bayamon and i live near a tower( antennas are on top of a building) but tonight seems the network is congested. Usually in my home i get 10-18mb but tonight i am getting 1-3mb...weird I took some pics of the site i am getting my 4g lte

I'm experiencing the same prob. My speeds average from 6 to 10 Mbps but I can't get pass 2 Mbps since yesterday.

seems there's some network problems, since yesterday afternoon I've noticed the ping is sky high on my GS3 (over 500ms) in LTE areas here in Bayamon, with much slower speeds than normal.

seems there's some network problems, since yesterday afternoon I've noticed the ping is sky high on my GS3 (over 500ms) in LTE areas here in Bayamon, with much slower speeds than normal.

I have the same problem here in Juncos! I getting less than 1mbps download, usually I got more than 8-17 mbps of download. I called customer service and he tell me is a problem with engineering.

Me too carolina san juan y guaynabo

I have the same problem here in Juncos! I getting less than 1mbps download, usually I got more than 8-17 mbps of download. I called customer service and he tell me is a problem with engineering.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Well, my signal have been going from 0 to 2 bars a lot(though I can still use data most of the time), but my service is fine at the moment. My speeds are kinda slow at the moment though

Edited by Austrie

Service was pretty solid over the weekend, no dropped calls while averaging a little over 1 meg down.  

I must add that today I've been averaging about 2 megs down so far(havensight area), this just doesn't happen in this area during the day.

Has anybody tried Sensorly? (http://goo.gl/wuDNM) It maps signal coverage and strength by crowd sourcing. Looks like no one in St. Thomas has been using it because there's not data.

St. Thomas is just too small to waste any time with sensorly.  Whenever 4g lights up, if I am on the island I will run it for the hell of it but with only 8 towers and minimal land mass to begin with there isn't much to map. 

• Like 1

So make the switch already and stop spreading so much negativity, it accomplishes nothing.

I switched to Sprint from AT&T about three years ago now. I was extremely unhappy with their non existent Android smartphone selection (at the time, they had like one low end Moto model and the Nexus One off Google's store) and I didn't like the direction their data plans and policies were going (throttling, threatening customers over suspicious of tethering, etc); I had also experienced several extremely awful cases of bad CS (reps messing up my account/plan for no reason, etc.).

I've been pretty happy with Sprint, but if they were to raise their prices significantly and/or cap my data use then I'd probably consider switching again (AT&T, Tmo, who knows). Heck I was ready to do it if I didn't see any LTE progresses thru the first half of this year, thankfully they came thru. There's nothing wrong with switching carriers if you aren't getting what you want or need, if more people did it the market would probably be more competitive.

Sitting there and complaining without adding any pertinent info to the discussion just annoys others though, just like your cute little slang or w/e.

Guess that nah gonna happen eh, trollin be easy...

• Like 5