Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

if u know so much..tell me what i dont know o great one!..since i dont know they been having trouble programming the microwaves from pr due to frequency issues...and that when they are testing..my phone switches to lte internally...haha get outta here man..wanna stick ur nose in **** nobody asked u about!

This makes no sense, please explain further.  Also, ask yourself why did you even become a member for this site?  Wasn't it basically to get information about sprint's lte for your location?  If you actually have useful information why not share it since we are all here to discuss the same thing?  If you have an issue with getting anyone in trouble then you can easily share the information privately with staff and/or Robert so they can verify the information but it doesn't look good for you to say you know so much yet haven't actually contributed anything credible or worthwhile to the thread.  

• Like 1

well from they way yall talk in here i thought u knew more than me...lollololol...so i figure i just roll with the flow...so it does make sense..let who think they know feel that they know when they dont know ;)...just sayin..yall sound like yall got it on lock so i just roll along..and i noticed in my area..internally my phone would switch to 4g..roll out to red hook..i would have to go in those settings and change it to cdma only to get data...noo not from settings..network...further..the settings the radio reads :D

well from they way yall talk in here i thought u knew more than me...lollololol...so i figure i just roll with the flow...so it does make sense..let who think they know feel that they know when they dont know ;)...just sayin..yall sound like yall got it on lock so i just roll along..and i noticed in my area..internally my phone would switch to 4g..roll out to red hook..i would have to go in those settings and change it to cdma only to get data...noo not from settings..network...further..the settings the radio reads :D

When it comes to sprint's network vision updates, you won't find a better place to get information so yes a lot of people here do know a lot more than you but that doesn't mean you can't add your own useful information to the discussion.  This isn't a church service where you sit and listen to someone preach, this isn't a pissing contest either, we are all here for the same thing which is to discuss and get accurate information that we can't get from sprint directly.  Now if the settings in your device some how switches from cdma to cdma/lte on its own then thats a separate issue and has nothing to do with an actual lte signal.

• Like 3

anyway..bump u small minded people...yall can continue and chat...and muffin man i done told u whats up in pm..but ur to bigheaded to listen bro...i just dont like to get into dept cuz u dont know who is who..i done gave u the heads up but u prefer not to differ..and that stuff im not posting here...that wayy to much info..i didnt even tell u all in pm

anyway..bump u small minded people...yall can continue and chat...and muffin man i done told u whats up in pm..but ur to bigheaded to listen bro...i just dont like to get into dept cuz u dont know who is who..i done gave u the heads up but u prefer not to differ..and that stuff im not posting here...that wayy to much info..i didnt even tell u all in pm

I think all of us have conversed with each other in a very respectful way so you saying "U small minded people" and saying I am "to bigheaded to listen" isn't going to get you too far on this site.  Now as far as our pm, you didn't give me any information at all that wasn't anything more than extremely vague speculation from someone else who probably got that same vague speculative information from someone else. 

• Like 1

i know bro...i told u..these islalnds are to small to be leakin that kinda **** public..im not gonna risk someones job for it..check?..da ain like me..thats why i didnt get into no serious details..im just being real that how i am..i dont mean anything by it...in the pm i just told u ah lil thing..but it has dept to it...anddd from march to now n this **** aint working..when is it gonna be working...hahaha..yall just as lost as anybody else..seeking information..not like anybody knows like ok 4g turnin on tmr! boom..errbody lost

Hey guys guess what!?!

LTE is going on tomorrow worldwide! Yes, every Sprint customer will have Unlimited LTE coverage in China, India and even Europe! The dad of my friends girlfriend cousin told me, but I don't want to get him in trouble so I wont say his name. This confidential info from the top! Lol

If you know what I mean, lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I believe that to be correct currently and in the near future (also doesn't make much sense to switch away from MW once built out as most of the costs are upfront with low ongoing costs)...

Per Sprint regarding NV in general: "From the base station we'll have packet-base Backhaul using highly scalable, Ethernet and IP network leveraging both microwave and fiber optic technologies."

Here in the VI fiber is simply not available yet, especially not to the towers...

Per ljtmax's comment on this blog post (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-92-puerto-ricovirgin-islands-is-scheduled-to-be-in-the-second-round-of-sprint-network-visionlte-deployment-in-2012or-is-it-sooner/) also in agreement:

-Eliezer P.

Posted from my LG Optimus G.

I know that towers feed other towers backhaul through microwave link on the island itself, I mean you can look at the towers and see that for yourself but I simply just don't see how backhaul has been or will be received through microwave link from Puerto Rico.  Hopefully Robert can chime in clarify a few things.

I believe that to be correct currently and in the near future (also doesn't make much sense to switch away from MW once built out as most of the costs are upfront with low ongoing costs)...

Per Sprint regarding NV in general: "From the base station we'll have packet-base Backhaul using highly scalable, Ethernet and IP network leveraging both microwave and fiber optic technologies."

Here in the VI fiber is simply not available yet, especially not to the towers...

Per ljtmax's comment on this blog post (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-92-puerto-ricovirgin-islands-is-scheduled-to-be-in-the-second-round-of-sprint-network-visionlte-deployment-in-2012or-is-it-sooner/) also in agreement:

-Eliezer P.

Posted from my LG Optimus G.

I know that towers feed other towers backhaul through microwave link on the island itself, I mean you can look at the towers and see that for yourself but I simply just don't see how backhaul has been or will be received through microwave link from Puerto Rico. Hopefully Robert can chime in clarify a few things.

Well, the Islands arent that far apart, so the backhaul is in PR, and it could be like a chain. The microwave backhaul goes from PR to Vieques then Culebra, then to St. Thomas which is actually very close then to the rest of the Virigin Islands. That would be my guess. If it is this way, I think it might be a bit unreliable tough if any of those sites goes down that means the rest that are getting backhaul from it will go down also. Hopefully, they are hurricane proof!

How far can you reliably move large amounts of data with microwave?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Line of sights, so basically, it can go farther away but because the earth is round the microwave signal cant go through the earth or around it. This makes it very doable and most likely what they used in PR and the VI, and it has capacity for various gbps. In my opinion it is the best way to go. A lot faster deployment and way cheaper than running fiber lines from PR to the VI, through the bottom of the ocean. Microwave is affected by climate but I do not think it will cause that many problems. This technology has come a really long way making it pretty reliable.

OK...since people want to hear it from the horse's mouth...here is the backhaul plan at USVI Sprint sites from the Sprint Playbook from May 2012.

Master backhaul for USVI sites is provided by an AAV vendor in USVI. It is not coming from Puerto Rico. That AAV vendor likely is connected to fiber to one of the underwater fiber connections from the islands to the Bayamon switch/core.

Only about 1/3 of the USVI sites are connected with AAV backhaul. The rest are microwave connected to one of the AAV sites. So every USVI site has microwave. Either they receive backhaul via microwave from a donor site with AAV, or they have AAV and provide backhaul to a recipient site via microwave.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Kinda sounds like what egonadrian was saying just a couple difference, but it's nice to know. Btw guys, service have been gone since last night, at first it was switching between 1x and 3G for a hour or two starting at around 9:00pm, then I woke up with no service this morning and I just got it back at around 11:30pm.

Edited by Austrie

Kinda sounds like what egonadrian was saying just a couple difference, but it's nice to know. Btw guys, service have been gone since last night, at first it was switching between 1x and 3G for a hour or two starting at around 9:00pm, then I woke up with no service this morning and I just got it back at around 11:30pm.

where are u located..if im not mistaken u said redhook before?...ur phone is probly in the wrong mode in the radio settings..i had to manually change mines to work in redhook  :td:

No what egonadrian was saying is that the backhaul was more than likely microwave linked from PR, which I didn't think was the case.  What Robert is saying is that the master backhaul isn't from PR but is in fact located on St. Thomas, from there it is then microwaved to the other towers around the island.  Now that I think about it, the main tower site is probably on Mountain Top being that all the sites have a direct line of sight with that tower with the exception of the tower in redhook and the tower in anna's retreat.

from what i understand...everything is in place...and they having trouble setting up the nextwork..with the frequencies from there to here...kinda sounds like stx is ready and stt giving problems and they say they aint gonna fire it up piece piece...fire everybody up one time

I'm in Smithbay, service came back on it's own. I wasnt agreeing with him that the main source is in PR, I meant that it will have main source and it will be shared to the other towers, and not every tower will be its' ownn main source.

I'm in Smithbay, service came back on it's own. I wasnt agreeing with him that the main source is in PR, I meant that it will have main source and it will be shared to the other towers, and not every tower will be its' ownn main source.

Oh ok, yeah. I think thats where we had disagreed on.  I was thinking the main source would be right here on St.thomas in relation to the work being done around the island(seemed more logical) and he was saying that the main source could possibly be from PR.  Well sprint has to be getting its backhaul from somewhere to deliver lte speeds.