Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

The real reason? What fake reasons have you been given here?

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What is the reason though? Last month someone said something bout equipment malfunction/failure, we haven't had any type of information since then.

Service the last few days has been fairly stable and data is a lot more consistent for me then ever, with that being said, I can't wait to get back to atlanta.

Switching to the new My Way plan seems pointless and even detrimental to me as long as I'm rocking a single line... You'd generally pay the same either way ($70+$10 or $50+$30), but I have a 23% student discount that only applies to the base plan. It works on the $70 portion right now, guessing it'd work on the $50 with the new plans (and thus it'd be a smaller discount by about $4).

Regardless of that, there's no real incentive to switch anyway is there? I don't even know how many minutes the new basic plan has but I've got 450 + like a random 700 bonus and with Amy Mobile I hardly use any of it. I guess tethering is cheaper now but I'm rooted anyway so... I'm not complaining btw, just saying nothing's really changed for those with a single line.

I'm glad they realigned the plans and boosted their cost advantage on multi-line plans against AT&T/VZW tho... That new unlimited guarantee is also pretty encouraging. I'm traveling to Maryland next week, I doubt LTE's made it to the area I'll be staying in but I look forward to checking it out around the Baltimore/DC area and comparing coverage against PR (where it's still very spotty around Guaynabo).

Ok I've about reached my wits end... What is the situation on STT? Can't we get any legitimate information in regards to actual work being done or even another horribly inaccurate ETA? Have had a 4G phone over a year yet have never once experienced it. (wish one of the actual crew was a member here... I would be!)

lol i done told yall we wasnt getting 4g no time soon...lol but the gurus here thought i was wrong...its about a dead case now....sprint loosing customers on island too

Well sprint did have a press event in Puerto Rico a couple months ago stating that the VI "should" be completed by June.  Based on other information that sponsors had available at the time it was reasonably safe to assume that the VI would have lte in June or at least sometime over the summer especially since the VI had been upgraded to network vision(3g only) from in march.  Now I personally been saying from the beginning of this thread that the VI will lag considerably behind Puerto Rico even though we are part of the same market.  As of this moment, my service seems to have stabilized over the last week or so.  I haven't experience any drop calls and data seems to be fairly consistent for me.

• Like 1

Switching to the new My Way plan seems pointless and even detrimental to me as long as I'm rocking a single line... You'd generally pay the same either way ($70+$10 or $50+$30), but I have a 23% student discount that only applies to the base plan. It works on the $70 portion right now, guessing it'd work on the $50 with the new plans (and thus it'd be a smaller discount by about $4).

The discounts apply to the data portion of the new plans (the $30). Reason being unlimited minute plans can't be discounted. If there's nothing wrong with your current plan, there's no reason to switch. Also, at this point there's no reason to believe that unlimited on the Everything Data plans is going anywhere. If that ever gets hinted at, then there will be a reason to switch. 

The discounts apply to the data portion of the new plans (the $30). Reason being unlimited minute plans can't be discounted. If there's nothing wrong with your current plan, there's no reason to switch. Also, at this point there's no reason to believe that unlimited on the Everything Data plans is going anywhere. If that ever gets hinted at, then there will be a reason to switch.

I agree this is mostly about selling customers things they don't really need. Unlimited landline minutes is something that very few people are actually going to use.

Steven

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

There hasn't been any information as such a long time, smh....sprint has left the VI to the dogs

yea bro!..a man called me today .. n i asked about 4g..this man tell me they fixin 3g...some fix that suppose to  be done today..i called it from long ago..we ain gettin it no time now

data is a bitt more solid..i never hit 1mb during the day so easy...lets see how long it lasts for

Other than the temporary 3g outage this morning, 3g speeds has been very steady for me throughout the day and night for the last week and a half or so(at least for me anyway).  Haven't really had too many drop calls either, can't wait to go back to atlanta in a few days.

Awesome 3G speeds today around Fort Mylner this morning: attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1374940344579.jpg Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nice, been noticing faster speeds myself with lower average pings.