Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

The device definitely will operate on those bands as reported gere on this site, and every other site. Not to mention it has the same radio as the G2 which connects to those bands.

My fault for not elaborating, I meant without the "update" I know the radio supports it. There is no clear indicator if we also need that update for band 26 or just for 41.

My fault for not elaborating, I meant without the "update" I know the radio supports it. There is no clear indicator if we also need that update for band 26 or just for 41.

That's so true and just too bad....Sprint just trying to sell phones with certain features like Spark activated to drive buyers to those devices. I see the strategy, but I think that they should let people use the technology once they are paying for service and their phones support that technology.

I just finished doing a Nexus 5 LTE field test and for a brief second it cylced band 26 and then band 41 before going back to band 50 here in Throggsneck the Bronx

As the phone scans for LTE, it's a known bug/something that just happens that it flashes the band it's scanning even though it's not actually connected.

Band 50 is the null data display. It means nothing.

The update is for both Band 41 and Band 26, even through the term Spark refers solely to Band 41.

• Like 1

Woke up to some 1x800 this morning! Pretty encouraging seeing as the signal travelled from across the river! The signal quickly dropped though...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Question- Maybe some people here have experience with this.

I was in a shopping mall where the site is a legacy site, not touched by NV at all. Inside the mall there was 3g, not even this site would load, and then in many stores it was 1x and some stores it dropped to roaming. Question is, once NV is performed to this site, should there be issues like these in those stores? Will 800mhz fix this?

One more thing. Does sprint plan on bringing native coverage to places that it has roaming? I am talking about upstate NY, but in general, do you think coverage will be expanded?

• Like 1

Question- Maybe some people here have experience with this.

I was in a shopping mall where the site is a legacy site, not touched by NV at all. Inside the mall there was 3g, not even this site would load, and then in many stores it was 1x and some stores it dropped to roaming. Question is, once NV is performed to this site, should there be issues like these in those stores? Will 800mhz fix this?

One more thing. Does sprint plan on bringing native coverage to places that it has roaming? I am talking about upstate NY, but in general, do you think coverage will be expanded?

NV will help saturate the building a bit better, but with large structures like that, it's nearly impossible to get a cell signal into every nook and cranny. You really need either a WiFI network or an indoor DAS system.

Sprint is not adding any new sites as part of Network Vision. There are a few new sites planned, smattered across the country, but those have been in the works for years. After the Network Vision project is complete, there may be some expansion, but only into areas where the profitability is such that Sprint feels that it would be a good investment into build into the area. 

• Like 1

I had a weak LTE signal on the 3 train from when it went underground until Kingston Ave (2 stops). LTE usually cuts off immediately as the train goes underground, and EVDO shortly after that. I tried to run the field test, but LTE dropped shortly after I put in the # (I couldn't remember it). The signal strength was in the 110's though.

I'll try to run the field test again later on today and see what happens.

I had a weak LTE signal on the 3 train from when it went underground until Kingston Ave (2 stops). LTE usually cuts off immediately as the train goes underground, and EVDO shortly after that. I tried to run the field test, but LTE dropped shortly after I put in the # (I couldn't remember it). The signal strength was in the 110's though.

I'll try to run the field test again later on today and see what happens.

Nice, were you able to browse the web while underground before losing signal?

Where and what kind of speeds?

on Astoria Blvd and 88 St and that area is covered by band 41 I'm connected to band 41 most of the time

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1387844166953.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1387844193822.jpg

• Like 6

I was in Times Square earlier today. It is covered by LTE almost entirely but not all sites in the area have been upgraded. Speeds were poor on LTE with 400kbps download and it wouldn't work on the upload. The ping was 92ms.

Here's the kicker, Sprint 3G was blazing fast! 2.22 Mbps download and 1.09Mbps upload and the ping was 72ms.

Weird right?

• Like 1

I was in Times Square earlier today. It is covered by LTE almost entirely but not all sites in the area have been upgraded. Speeds were poor on LTE with 400kbps download and it wouldn't work on the upload. The ping was 92ms.

Here's the kicker, Sprint 3G was blazing fast! 2.22 Mbps download and 1.09Mbps upload and the ping was 72ms.

Weird right?

That's Midtown in general for me, sometimes LTE doesn't even work, no matter the signal strength. 3G tends to work better.

I'm near Rockefeller Center and the LTE here is insane. The speeds are around 8 down and 3 up. This falls right in line with their advertised speeds. I think this is especially good because this is during peak hours with hundreds, maybe close to a thousand users on a cell site.

Part of it might be that Spark is active is active in this area.

• Like 2

Any 800 sightings in Brooklyn yet?

I have seen 800 a few times. When I go into the basement of my home in Crown Heights I pick it up. It is unusable though because it is a -125dbm signal. That says a pot because it is coming from a distant site, yet my home site has 0 bars on PCS.