Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

That's strange because all places I have been lately with 3G, it's been above average or better! They are prob in middle of updating so you are probably getting no to small connection if any!

In the places you were in. In the Bronx all along Jerome, 3G has been super slow and also has been LTE. Albeit the LTE was obviously better but it felt like 3G speeds.

Hmm maybe they're tweaking the sites. AlcaLu has to hurry and light up the gaps. These Yankees are killing me this season. :( lol

• Like 1

In the places you were in. In the Bronx all along Jerome, 3G has been super slow and also has been LTE. Albeit the LTE was obviously better but it felt like 3G speeds.

Hmm maybe they're tweaking the sites. AlcaLu has to hurry and light up the gaps. These Yankees are killing me this season. :( lol

Is this happening on days where the Yankees are not playing or just on game night?

The minute after the game was over and I exited the stadium, I had an increase of 5 times the speed! .4 to 2.0

Is this happening on days where the Yankees are not playing or just on game night?

Game day in general when the crowds start gathering (of course).

I was eating at the diner on Gerard ave and wasn't checking but usually in the vicinity of my home and Joyce Kilmer park the connection is sub .5 Mbps with high pings.

I don't think pings make any difference regardless of how many people are using the network, on 4g at least. I had low pings at the stadium

How's browsing Web pages with low ping but low speeds? Decent?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I don't think pings make any difference regardless of how many people are using the network, on 4g at least. I had low pings at the stadium

Well then @ that point it would depend on how much data your requesting. If its something small...you would get it faster with lower pings...If its something larger, then you would be @ the knees of the actual throughput.

Browsing the web with low speed but low ping is just as good if not better than browsing with high speed and high pings, cough cough T-Mobile.

i did a side by side comparison Tmobile vs Sprint..both in decent signal areas. Even tho his max throughput was higher (15mb down on tmobile vs 10mb down on sprint) My phone always loaded every page and every video faster! 500 vs 30 pings really surprised him, but that's pretty much what I expected.

Pretty much same here....Just got back from Cross County Shopping Center, 3G was unusable..
I live in Yonkers 3g has been bad over there for a while. Have you ever been to ridge hill? No sprint service at all in that shopping center. :(

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I live in Yonkers 3g has been bad over there for a while. Have you ever been to ridge hill? No sprint service at all in that shopping center. :(

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have service there. Not the best but good for phone calls/texts.

I check Sensorly the other day , A good majority of NYC is purple , Sprint just needs to fill in some blanks , add better coverage, convert more towers & improve the speeds & we should be good . Then they can start on the L.I market lol .

Edited by IsaiahL

I check Sensorly the other day , A good majority of NYC is purple , Sprint just needs to fill in some blanks , add better coverage, convert more towers & improve the speeds & we should be good . Then they can start on the L.I market lol .

The Long Island market is nearly 1/4th complete. Whether there's LTE or not, idk.

The Long Island market is nearly 1/4th complete. Whether there's LTE or not, idk.

Lmaoo , I wish , no upgraded 3G & LTE over here .

By the summer, you should be able to load a web page, hassle free :)

Well they got a month lets see if I get at least some upgraded 3G by then .

Well they got a month lets see if I get at least some upgraded 3G by then .

Once you get 3G upgrades, your patience will no longer run out! I still wouldn't say 3G is good for streaming, but everything else is great!

Once you get 3G upgrades, your patience will no longer run out! I still wouldn't say 3G is good for streaming, but everything else is great!

Yeahh definitely , I don't stream outside unless I have good LTE . As long as the 3G is a constant speed of 1mbps & up ill be okay .

Yeahh definitely , I don't stream outside unless I have good LTE . As long as the 3G is a constant speed of 1mbps & up ill be okay .

You should consider upgrading to sponsorship so you can see exactly where NV upgrades are in LI, cause there is plenty..also on a side note i went to LI a couple of weeks ago..exit 49S..and had GREAT 3G speeds
  • Like 1

You should consider upgrading to sponsorship so you can see exactly where NV upgrades are in LI, cause there is plenty..also on a side note i went to LI a couple of weeks ago..exit 49S..and had GREAT 3G speeds

I want to but , im very broke lml I don't have a job yet.