That 2015 date is just a result of the algorithm factoring the current rate of site completion and extrapolating that out over the remaining sites. Since work has slowed way down recently, it would make sense that the completion date would suddenly shoot way out into the future. Once work picks up again, you'll see that date change. It is in no way an actual forecast, it's simply there to give an idea of how quickly work is progressing over the last couple of weeks.

Thank god. I saw that the other day and just ignored it hoping that it was a factor based on upgrades slowing down, and if they continued as this pace...which was probably due to the massive amount of rain we got. Still hoping for the end of summer for it to get implemented.
  • Like 1

That 2015 date is just a result of the algorithm factoring the current rate of site completion and extrapolating that out over the remaining sites. Since work has slowed way down recently, it would make sense that the completion date would suddenly shoot way out into the future. Once work picks up again, you'll see that date change. It is in no way an actual forecast, it's simply there to give an idea of how quickly work is progressing over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for clarifying that!

Did a speed test today at lunch with some coworkers near Altamonte. I have Sprint, one of them has Verizon, another has AT&T.

Verizon registered near 10Mbps down, AT&T got 16Mbps, and I got 0.29Mbps.

0.29Mbps. Let's just say I got laughed at. So this weekend, I plan to dance like it's 1993.

just came from the cell tower within the Winter Park Police Department, I didn't see anyone from WesTower working on it but if you look half way up between those two sets of panels, I believe thats an RRU. I didn't have a good camera to zoom in on it but I saw cabling going into it from the bottom. Didn't get any LTE in the area so its probably inactive, or possibly not Sprint's.

IMAG0212.jpg

However, as I was driving home I did get LTE as I drove by my neighborhood's recently deactivated Nextel tower - which I noticed some new equipment on it that wasn't there before (no pic). Though I thought Nextel sites weren't going to be converted over for some time? The cell tower is directly off Balfour Ct. behind a CVS pharmacy.

• Like 1

Another tower in the daytona / port orange area is active! I got LTE from the tower behind johns appliance city in South Daytona. strong signal too, I got almost past Madeline ave in port orange before it cut out while mapping on sensorly....

Tower: https://www.dropbox....%2018.12.54.jpg (sprint is in the center section)

Speedtest while on the phone(suck it at&t)

2013-05-10%2018.21.49.png

Speedtest near the madeline ave light:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihvkd51i383toc3/2013-05-10%2018.27.02.png

Edit: What I mapped on international speedway blvd now is on sensorly. http://gyazo.com/cea...17300a482bf7932

• Like 3

I'll have to stop over there tomorrow and check it out, I got LTE right when I passed it till when I turned off Aloma, which wasn't very far. I know the top portion was practically bare about a week ago as I drive past it everyday. The only antennas it has licensed for that tower are for Nextel and Clearwire according to the info I pulled from the FCC, and I know Sprint isn't supposed to be converting Nextel sites over to LTE until next year unless they started early.

Yeah, I was at the base of it and there are a few panels that appear to be the RRUs with six cables coming out the bottom. Same for the panels at the WPPD.

On a side note, I picked up unusable LTE at Conway Gardens Rd & Michigan for the first time...only a bar or two.

Just checked Sprints own upgrade tower map and it shows a data speed upgrade at the Aloma CVS tower.

I find that somewhat interesting, given that the tower hasn't shown up on the map to receive upgrades for about a year now. Now that I see the map for the area, there was a tower just to the Northeast of that one around Semoran/Howell Branch rd (just south of Lake Howell) thats not showing up and it was supposed to have received 3 upgrades within the next six months previously.

I've been mapping like crazy before work and after work; did a ton from madeline on nova all the way to international, Beville from clyde to ridgewood, clydemorris from the airport to madeline ave, reed canal, bigtree and old big tree.. Still more to do though.. That'll put a dent in most of the major side streets.. It also appears someone else has been doing some sensorly sessions aswell; because theres a dong or snail shaped line from steves diner to samsclub XD .. oh the humanity..

• Like 1

IMAG0214.jpg

Heres the tower on University, next to Fullsail. Checking its registration, its with Spectrasite and its got licenses from Nextel, Clearwire and FCI900 (which is also affiliated with Sprint). However, given that there is a massive bird nest on top, I don't think work has commenced on the tower yet.

• Like 2

I've been mapping like crazy before work and after work; did a ton from madeline on nova all the way to international, Beville from clyde to ridgewood, clydemorris from the airport to madeline ave, reed canal, bigtree and old big tree.. Still more to do though.. That'll put a dent in most of the major side streets.. It also appears someone else has been doing some sensorly sessions aswell; because theres a dong or snail shaped line from steves diner to samsclub XD .. oh the humanity..

Did one of the sites near Universal or Sand Lake turn on recently? I noticed going Northbound on the Turnpike I had LTE for a small stretch as I passed the Universal/Metrowest/Gotha area.

Lol @ 1.7-2.3 mb download....I'm lucky if I am getting .06 mb download . They should really step it up and get this city activated. So many tourists here, and residents, it would be very nice to be able to use my phone outside of my house haha....

Lol @ 1.7-2.3 mb download....I'm lucky if I am getting .06 mb download . They should really step it up and get this city activated. So many tourists here, and residents, it would be very nice to be able to use my phone outside of my house haha....

When I used to work behind Animal Kingdom, I couldn't even get consistent 3G so I would often have sub 100kbps speeds. Particularly if the park was busy.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I actually got usable LTE at Conway & Hoffner this morning, as I got 2MB down and .2 up with only two bars. But a few blocks west and I was back to 3G. However, the 3G was better than it has been the past three months...so maybe the tower east of Conway & Hoffner is back to life.

• Like 1

I forced my phone to LTE only mode and got LTE in my neighborhood from a tower really far away(I believe the one near beville)..

http://sensorly.com/...t/lte_310sprint (really really light spots around brandy hills in port orange)

I'm also curious who's the other person mapping in Daytona because It seems as if someone found LTE around mason and went beachside..(another tower went live? Ahh just looked at sponsor maps, OK.. its becoming a rash!)

• Like 1

Did one of the sites near Universal or Sand Lake turn on recently? I noticed going Northbound on the Turnpike I had LTE for a small stretch as I passed the Universal/Metrowest/Gotha area.

Have not picked up anything this side of town yet. I come up TPIKE to Exit 259 (I4) to Universal every day. Have been doing AM / PM / Overnight hours and always runnning sensorly. Now; I only keep my eyes on the areas I frequent. Metrowest and Gotha are out of my range.

There has been some LTE showing up north of the TIKE north of Kissimmee MM 244 to maybe MM 247 just below the Osceola exit. This si somewhat parallel to BVL.

If only more ppl would run Sensorly.

@l3x

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for mapping. Was really wondering what was going on with the Daytona/Deltona area progress. I know the weather the past weeks before last did not help. Glad to see progress made. Helps my stay or go decision.

• Like 1

Have not picked up anything this side of town yet. I come up TPIKE to Exit 259 (I4) to Universal every day. Have been doing AM / PM / Overnight hours and always runnning sensorly. Now; I only keep my eyes on the areas I frequent. Metrowest and Gotha are out of my range.

There has been some LTE showing up north of the TIKE north of Kissimmee MM 244 to maybe MM 247 just below the Osceola exit. This si somewhat parallel to BVL.

If only more ppl would run Sensorly.

@l3x

Yeah, I run it when I can, but I don't drive too much during the week.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Thanks to everyone for mapping. Was really wondering what was going on with the Daytona/Deltona area progress. I know the weather the past weeks before last did not help. Glad to see progress made. Helps my stay or go decision.

Ive done a majority of it and map 300-650 points of lte almost daily.

I'd like to team up on the weekends with whoever is doing the parts I've never been to.

Was driving down ISB yesterday to beach street, the back over from nova to beville and Williamson. Had to do a lot of the airplane mode trick to get 4g on isb. On Beville and nova I was able to hold the signal from that intersection until the filitowski eye center on Beville. Had a 22mbps down and 10 up connection according to speed test app.

Also had about 15 seconds of 4g on 17-92 in Deland. Was unable to recapture. I'm going to start running sensorly every time I head down that way.