that they do, I was doing the three SSS's, Signalcheck Pro, Speedtest, and Sensorly. Everytime the signal would decline, it would drop to 3G then reacquire another tower and BOOM - LTE again.

... definitelly a different set of the three SSS's I am used to... S (manure)... Shower and Shave...

@l3x

• Like 5

Just picked up LTE for a little bit in downtown Winter Park, looks like the WPPD tower is in testing

The tower at the Winter Park Towers is broadcasting LTE again, though inconsistently regarding speeds. I was able to get 17Mbps down and 4 up...but then I also got .33 up and down a block further away on Glenridge Way.

I think it is reaching across the lakes to Downtown WP. Getting 3G mainly in the downtown area...big did get twoLTE bars near Rollins. Nothing but 3G at the north end of Park Ave.

• Like 2

Ah okay, nice! yeah when I saw the data on sensorly, the data pan didn't seem to line up with the tower at the police station but that was the closest one in the area. Pretty good its able to cover that far out from the retirement home

• Like 1

Getting 2-4 bars on LTE at my apartment complex for the first time this morning. It's 6:52am on my way to work, and I'm getting up to 20mbps download on Econlockhatchee Trl. North of Colonial. Can't tell which tower I was connected to though.

Edited by XXavierXX
  • Like 2

The tower at the Winter Park Towers is broadcasting LTE again, though inconsistently regarding speeds. I was able to get 17Mbps down and 4 up...but then I also got .33 up and down a block further away on Glenridge Way.

I think it is reaching across the lakes to Downtown WP. Getting 3G mainly in the downtown area...big did get twoLTE bars near Rollins. Nothing but 3G at the north end of Park Ave.

just went to my front door and pointed my phone in the direction of the towers, got LTE. Managed to get 3mb down and 2up, it shut off when I walked into my living room, darn, I tried though.

Posted Image

speedtest I just grabbed while out in my front yard. Tower is at least a mile and a half away from my location, quite impressive.

That is good enough for me lol.

I have a friend who just moved up here to hunters ridge on golden rod near university . It is a dead zone there. Worse than here. But the entire drive along e colonial I had LTE. :-O

• Like 1

That is good enough for me lol.

I have a friend who just moved up here to hunters ridge on golden rod near university . It is a dead zone there. Worse than here. But the entire drive along e colonial I had LTE. :-O

It's a deadzone down there right now, but he's in a prime spot. There's a tower to the east, west, and south of him. Once they get lit up I'm sure he'll be good on coverage

That's really good lol. They have no Internet right now cause they're stupid and didn't get it set up, even though I warned one of them (has sprint) that Orlando is not as good right now in terms of coverage as gardens is. The other has AT&T and he's locked in the unlimited data forever .( with 110 bucks a month plus tax)

That's really good lol. They have no Internet right now cause they're stupid and didn't get it set up, even though I warned one of them (has sprint) that Orlando is not as good right now in terms of coverage as gardens is. The other has AT&T and he's locked in the unlimited data forever .( with 110 bucks a month plus tax)

Pfft, Their so called unlimited 3gb of 3G and 4G and 5gb of LTE..

• Like 3

Pfft, Their so called unlimited 3gb of 3G and 4G and 5gb of LTE..

Is that how they do that? I had no idea. My friend constantly racks up his data and it amazes how he uses so much. Maybe he watches to many videos on LTE. ??? Lol

Its unlimited but gets throttled or so they say they do.. I tried getting my parents to switch to sprint from AT&T but they still have unlimited* (yes with an asterisk) or so they think unlimited; I called 611 and the billing department informed me there's a 3gb to throttle on 3g and hspda+ and 5gb then throttle for lte.

Any thoughts on why my radio Apps disconnect so often? I'm a Virgin Mobile customer, have a Galaxy S2 4g (I know it's WiMax and won't work for the new LTE, I think it's only 1900 mHz CDMA). But when driving I get some 4g (I'm guessing WiMax) and 3g depending, and I'm trying to listen to any TuneIn Radio or iHeart Radio Apps and it is useless and will not stay connected to the data stream. It acts like any time it swithces towers, it loses the stream. Works perfect on cell tower connectivity while I'm at home in Metrowest and on my home WiFi. It's "talk" radio so I'm guessing it's not an excessive bandwidth thing. Runs Android 4.1.2. Doesn't help if I turn off 4g and drive around. I drive around Metrowest, Ocoee and Winter Garden and have this problem, so as a Virgin Mobile customer, I have to think there are still Sprint native towers around there. It is so bad the radio apps become useless when driving. It's been the same for at least a year I think.

Would it be that Virgin Mobile customers just get crummy priority and every time I jump towers I just get too low a priority? Or maybe just that Sprint is in transition with all their Orlando data networks and it should get better? I'm one of those users who doesn't need lightning fast. Until I buy a new phone, I'd be OK knowing with the LTE rollout I wouldn't get an improved 4g WiMax connection, that's OK. But once the Orlando has NV I am hoping I could at least have some stable 3g usablilty for a simple low-bit rate radio app.

Go ahead and yell at me if this isn't the place for this type of question, he he, I'm a non-tech newbie here. Even if no one knows for sure, I'd be happy to hear some guesses or thoughts. Thanks.

Edited by Warren2185

Sorry. Editing that as I realized you stated you knew LTE would remove your wimax connection. As for the other issue. It might just be because you are switching between wimax and 3g and it causes a blurp in your data connection. 

Maybe I'm wrong lol, just a wild guess

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

Any thoughts on why my radio Apps disconnect so often? I'm a Virgin Mobile customer, have a Galaxy S2 4g (I know it's WiMax and won't work for the new LTE, I think it's only 1900 mHz CDMA). But when driving I get some 4g (I'm guessing WiMax) and 3g depending, and I'm trying to listen to any TuneIn Radio or iHeart Radio Apps and it is useless and will not stay connected to the data stream. It acts like any time it swithces towers, it loses the stream. Works perfect on cell tower connectivity while I'm at home in Metrowest and on my home WiFi. It's "talk" radio so I'm guessing it's not an excessive bandwidth thing. Runs Android 4.1.2. Doesn't help if I turn off 4g and drive around. I drive around Metrowest, Ocoee and Winter Garden and have this problem, so as a Virgin Mobile customer, I have to think there are still Sprint native towers around there. It is so bad the radio apps become useless when driving.

Would it be that Virgin Mobile customers just get crummy priority and every time I jump towers I just get too low a priority? Or maybe just that Sprint is in transition with all their Orlando data networks and it should get better? I'm one of those users who doesn't need lightning fast. Until I buy a new phone, I'd be OK knowing with the LTE rollout I wouldn't get an improved 4g WiMax connection, that's OK. But once the Orlando has NV I am hoping I could at least have some stable 3g usablilty for a simple low-bit rate radio app.

Go ahead and yell at me if this isn't the place for this type of question, he he, I'm a non-tech newbie here. Even if no one knows for sure, I'd be happy to hear some guesses or thoughts. Thanks.

A few things: the handoff between towers (if you could even find multiple continuous Wimax towers on your drive) is typically not great, so I wouldn't be too surprised if you drop connection between towers.

Second, the handoff between 3G and Wimax was never very graceful for me so again, no surprise that it's not great for you.

Third, West Orlando's 3G has always varied between acceptable and abysmal. Depending on when you're trying to stream could be a high volume timeframe when streaming of any kind will go poorly.

Finally, I believe that Sprint is throttling prepaid users who use more than 2.5GB in a month, so you might have hit the soft cap too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

I am trying to decide whether to stay with Sprint.  We recently moved from Austin, TX to Orlando, FL and are not happy with the service.  I have an S2 and my wife has an S1.  In Austin, we had great service, 3G was slow, but we could get Wimax just about anywhere we went in the City so it wasn't an issue.  Also, almost always had 4 bars of cell signal.

Now we move to Orlando, and Wimax coverage seems like a slice of swiss cheese.  Only get Wimax in a few areas.  Also, many of the areas we frequent seem to have low cell phone coverage.  We have been with Sprint since the 90's, but we are both getting frustrated with dropped calls and unable to send texts.  We are thinking of switching.

My question is regarding NV and LTE upgrade.  Will this improve coverage in Orlando or will coverage stay the same.  Basically, will areas with little cell signal stay the same and areas were you get good signal will have better 3G and LTE?  The Sprint CSR was telling me that Wimax was never fully deployed in Orlando and it was in Austin, so that's why I don't get Wimax everywhere.  Also, he said once the NV upgrades are complete cell coverage will increase and I will get better cell signal in areas where I have little bars.

Example.. We were at the Loop (Chili's) and our family could send/receive calls/texts, except the a couple of us who had T-mobile.

I would like to stay with Sprint, but if things are going to stay the same, coverage wise, I think it may be best we move on.

I am trying to decide whether to stay with Sprint. We recently moved from Austin, TX to Orlando, FL and are not happy with the service. I have an S2 and my wife has an S1. In Austin, we had great service, 3G was slow, but we could get Wimax just about anywhere we went in the City so it wasn't an issue. Also, almost always had 4 bars of cell signal.

Now we move to Orlando, and Wimax coverage seems like a slice of swiss cheese. Only get Wimax in a few areas. Also, many of the areas we frequent seem to have low cell phone coverage. We have been with Sprint since the 90's, but we are both getting frustrated with dropped calls and unable to send texts. We are thinking of switching.

My question is regarding NV and LTE upgrade. Will this improve coverage in Orlando or will coverage stay the same. Basically, will areas with little cell signal stay the same and areas were you get good signal will have better 3G and LTE? The Sprint CSR was telling me that Wimax was never fully deployed in Orlando and it was in Austin, so that's why I don't get Wimax everywhere. Also, he said once the NV upgrades are complete cell coverage will increase and I will get better cell signal in areas where I have little bars.

Example.. We were at the Loop (Chili's) and our family could send/receive calls/texts, except the a couple of us who had T-mobile.

I would like to stay with Sprint, but if things are going to stay the same, coverage wise, I think it may be best we move on.

Coverage has continued to increase since the rollout of NV and data speeds are getting better.. Slowly but surely. The speeds are still a bit to slow for me, if I had to sign a new contract now, I would opt for AT&T because they continually have the best performance in Orlando.

I believe Orlando is scheduled for final completion on May 2014? So it is up to you to see how the service is going.

Personally, I am giving Sprint until my contract is up in October. If I don't see solid 3Gperformance at that time, I'm moving on.

My question is regarding NV and LTE upgrade.  Will this improve coverage in Orlando or will coverage stay the same.  Basically, will areas with little cell signal stay the same and areas were you get good signal will have better 3G and LTE?  The Sprint CSR was telling me that Wimax was never fully deployed in Orlando and it was in Austin, so that's why I don't get Wimax everywhere.  Also, he said once the NV upgrades are complete cell coverage will increase and I will get better cell signal in areas where I have little bars.

Orlando is in the middle of the upgrade process right now. Things should be improving, albeit slowly, and will continue to improve into the fall. Voice coverage, and data coverage to some extent, will improve greatly as we head into the later half of the year. When 800Mhz CDMA is activated on the Orlando cell sites, it will enhance areal and indoor voice coverage quite a bit. Only issue is you will likely need to upgrade to a newer device to have access to the new network. 

My advice is that if you can stand the network as is for a couple more months, go ahead and stick with Sprint. Voice and data will improve as Network Vision continues to roll out across the market. In a couple of months, I think you will find the network is very different from when you moved in. Of course, some of the upgrades will require that new device to take full advantage of the upgrades.

• Like 2

I believe Orlando is scheduled for final completion on May 2014? So it is up to you to see how the service is going.

Personally, I am giving Sprint until my contract is up in October. If I don't see solid 3Gperformance at that time, I'm moving on.

Final completions are a pretty soft date. Things should be mostly wrapped up by the end of the year, if not sooner. However, there is always the possibility of a few straggling sites that take into next year, but there shouldn't be to many. 

At the end of your contract, upgrade to an LTE device and then it shouldn't matter what the 3G EVDO experience is like, as you should have LTE anywhere you previously had EVDO. 

• Like 2

Which is why I am staying with Sprint. I enjoy their unlimited data and I enjoy the lower bill compared to AT&T and Verizon Hell NEtworks..  You definitely have to wait as we all have been eagerly,  but from what I have seen that is the outcome of waiting.... it is well worth it.

I feel Orlando is flipping a new switch everyday. Getting LTE in places I haven't had before.

Edited by jamisonshaw125

I am trying to decide whether to stay with Sprint. We recently moved from Austin, TX to Orlando, FL and are not happy with the service. I have an S2 and my wife has an S1. In Austin, we had great service, 3G was slow, but we could get Wimax just about anywhere we went in the City so it wasn't an issue. Also, almost always had 4 bars of cell signal.

Now we move to Orlando, and Wimax coverage seems like a slice of swiss cheese. Only get Wimax in a few areas. Also, many of the areas we frequent seem to have low cell phone coverage. We have been with Sprint since the 90's, but we are both getting frustrated with dropped calls and unable to send texts. We are thinking of switching.

My question is regarding NV and LTE upgrade. Will this improve coverage in Orlando or will coverage stay the same. Basically, will areas with little cell signal stay the same and areas were you get good signal will have better 3G and LTE? The Sprint CSR was telling me that Wimax was never fully deployed in Orlando and it was in Austin, so that's why I don't get Wimax everywhere. Also, he said once the NV upgrades are complete cell coverage will increase and I will get better cell signal in areas where I have little bars.

I imagine it's frustrating going from a great Sprint city to one that isn't as great. The question is can you wait for good unlimited LTE. If unlimited data doesn't matter to you and/or you're not worried about pricing, then I'd advocate looking at sensorly.com and the carrier sites to get an idea of who would be best for you. Between the discount I'm getting and how much data I use, leaving Sprint would cost me a minimum of $50/month, so I'm just dealing with it and celebrating each time LTE gets flipped on somewhere near me. In the end only you can decide if it's worth waiting though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta