Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I have about 27 ticket #s since October;-( I talked to the guy working on the tower once when I said him. Something keeps shorting out the equipment they replaced all the wires and equipment top to bottom when I talked to him because they said they had no clue what was overloading and frying everything. Other areas are ok just not where I am 99% of the time

I have about 27 ticket #s since October;-( I talked to the guy working on the tower once when I said him. Something keeps shorting out the equipment they replaced all the wires and equipment top to bottom when I talked to him because they said they had no clue what was overloading and frying everything. Other areas are ok just not where I am 99% of the time

Probably best for you to find another carrier if its a physical problem like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5

When they went from wimax to lte I had the same problem for 2.5 years. It has to do with how they setup their network. They don't fully upgrade 1 tower at a time. they put 1 spectrum in the region then once they have a stable network they go to the next one. We have sadly had major issues in my area.. they said they just put in the voice upgrade in march and there's still 2 major upgrades and several minor upgrades to be completed once they can stabilize out the tower plus it's a mini tower like 1/3 of the size of a normal tower. Normally my wifi calling makes a big difference but there's a switch issue which is causing delayed ringing so i get like half a ring or no ring at all even on wifi calling.. I'll wait a bit more and see if they can fix it. But tks for the advice I wish sprint just used the same network as the rest of the carriers. Maybe if they were not trying to re invent the wheel they would not have as many issues... just my 2 cents

Maybe if they were not trying to re invent the wheel they would not have as many issues... just my 2 cents

You do know that almost everyone in the world uses LTE like Sprint, right? Also, Sprint uses CDMA and LTE, just like Verizon. The only technology Sprint did on their own was WiMax. And the end of WiMax is just months away. Your criticism is not accurate.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 1

How many carriers use spark?

Because that's what I am referring too.. I had no issues till they started the spark upgrades. The tri band technology and spark network is a sprint network and you know that. ...

Because that's what I am referring too.. I had no issues till they started the spark upgrades. The tri band technology and spark network is a sprint network and you know that. ...

Sprint is the only provider in America using TDD LTE (Spark). Everything/everyone else is FDD. Verizon's "XLTE" is just a fat swath of FDD in band 4, and T-Mobile "wideband" is the same. AT&T's largest spectrum license is (I believe) 10x10. They don't have that wide "pipe" like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

"Tri-band" is not really a Sprint thing. Many (all) carriers use multiple bands for LTE. TDD-LTE, Band 41 (Spark) is unique to Sprint in the US, but that would not have an impact on voice or text. It is data only and the equipment is separate from the equipment that broadcasts the 1xRTT signals used for voice and text. The only time you might have had issues was when eCSFB was not deployed on every site, but that was taken care of long ago.

That's what I meant about them re inventing the wheel.

They told me that the new tri band phone required everything to be changed put to new equipment. They said all I have in my area in the long range frequency but not the wall penetrating frequency they said there's 3 different frequencys or bands they use maybe it megahertz and all we have is the first level.

That's what's they said... my note 3 worked great my note 4 not great but they said they use totally different radios.

That's what I meant about them re inventing the wheel.

They told me that the new tri band phone required everything to be changed put to new equipment. They said all I have in my area in the long range frequency but not the wall penetrating frequency they said there's 3 different frequencys or bands they use maybe it megahertz and all we have is the first level.

That's what's they said... my note 3 worked great my note 4 not great but they said they use totally different radios.

They don't all three have to be there to work at all. You just will not have the benefits of each until they are all three there. There is some misunderstanding involved here.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Also do you know why I can't surf the Web and talk at the same time anymore. Samsung said sprint asked them to change the radio in the phone to a single band radio in the sense of transmission so you can't talk or surf the Web. They said the same phone on any other carrier can talk and surf, but recently I was told it's a issue with spark. If it's a spark issue does that mean they can fix it and my Sprint note 4 will let me use data and voice at the same time at some point? That was a huge bummer

Tks very informative so i guess when this is all installed things will get better ... I gave no inside My home coverage at all. Do you know if the note 4 will ever be able to surf the Web whilr using data like the note 3. Is this a phone issue or a network issue?

Tks very informative so i guess when this is all installed things will get better ... I gave no inside My home coverage at all. Do you know if the note 4 will ever be able to surf the Web whilr using data like the note 3. Is this a phone issue or a network issue?

No phones from here on will be able to have simultaneous voice and data. If you have no coverage at all in your house, you should consider asking Sprint for an airave. You should be able to get one for free if your coverage is as bad as you say it is.

Also do you know why I can't surf the Web and talk at the same time anymore. Samsung said sprint asked them to change the radio in the phone to a single band radio in the sense of transmission so you can't talk or surf the Web. They said the same phone on any other carrier can talk and surf, but recently I was told it's a issue with spark. If it's a spark issue does that mean they can fix it and my Sprint note 4 will let me use data and voice at the same time at some point? That was a huge bummer

Triband phones are single transmission path, which will not allow voice and data at the same time. Because it cannot do LTE or EVDO with CDMA simultaneously.  Sprint will not have voice and data be able to be used together again in new devices until VoLTE is deployed and commonly available with VoLTE capable devices.

So once volte comes out then will my note 4 be able to use the data and voice or will I need to buy a new device?

Also I was offered an airrave and i had one before. The problem is then if you're on a call and you waited 30 minutes on hold to get to that person and you need to leave your home you can't unless you want to hang up and call back since the airrave doesn't let the call roll over to the tower it just drops the call when you're out of airrave range. If they figured out how to get the call to roll over to a tower ???? that would be great! Sadly I had it happen so much I kept unplugged my airrave. Then when comcast had problems the voice calls were all choppy. Not sprints fault of course.

So once volte comes out then will my note 4 be able to use the data and voice or will I need to buy a new device?

Also I was offered an airrave and i had one before. The problem is then if you're on a call and you waited 30 minutes on hold to get to that person and you need to leave your home you can't unless you want to hang up and call back since the airrave doesn't let the call roll over to the tower it just drops the call when you're out of airrave range. If they figured out how to get the call to roll over to a tower ???? that would be great! Sadly I had it happen so much I kept unplugged my airrave. Then when comcast had problems the voice calls were all choppy. Not sprints fault of course.

You will need a new device

Also I was offered an airrave and i had one before. The problem is then if you're on a call and you waited 30 minutes on hold to get to that person and you need to leave your home you can't unless you want to hang up and call back since the airrave doesn't let the call roll over to the tower it just drops the call when you're out of airrave range. If they figured out how to get the call to roll over to a tower that would be great! Sadly I had it happen so much I kept unplugged my airrave. Then when comcast had problems the voice calls were all choppy. Not sprints fault of course.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a new site in the middle of the turnpike in West Palm Beach, Florida. This used to be a Nextel only site.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/26%C2%B037'52.5%22N+80%C2%B010'28.0%22W/@26.631259,-80.17445,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Signal Check PRO had the BLS at the point marked above and in the sponsor section this location is a Nextel site

I think my phone would only connect to 800 and eHRPD at the same time. It might of connected to 1xRTT but I don't remember. Data was unusable but I could make calls on 800. 

This tower has slightly improved the signal in Wellington FL area but another tower might be needed. Maybe once this current tower is fully updated it will be enough. Hopefully it won't take long. 

Edit: I can never get links to work correctly on here.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone familiar with the Loxahatchee area? I get horrible data service out here. I am unfortunately looking at going to Verizon since they get LTE in my area. I truly prefer to stay with sprint but 3G in 80% of the area out here is getting old. I wonder if this new network vision will make it better out here?

Is anyone familiar with the Loxahatchee area? I get horrible data service out here. I am unfortunately looking at going to Verizon since they get LTE in my area. I truly prefer to stay with sprint but 3G in 80% of the area out here is getting old. I wonder if this new network vision will make it better out here?

If it doesn't work for you now then it probably won't work for you for a while. Get another provider that will give you the service you want today and not wait for potential "what ifs" as you may wait months to years. 

• Like 1

The further west you go from the coast the less dense the towers are which is a problem since the area and population has increased over the past 10 years. The amount of towers has most likely remained the same. 

You can look at the NV Update maps if you make a donation. Its well worth it,