Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5h4azhkx7unwuo7/AAAbiyijVm265cNoThrvMA12a

Any logical explanation? I even restarted my phone and i was still getting speeds over 100 on my LG g3 (non spark device)

I have often found that's new towers not configured properly give out more speed then they should. I get about 130mb on my wifi at home. So the phones can do it. I believe sprint has a speed limit set to 60mb which in general we never reach but if it's a new tower and the limits are not on yet then you maybe getting its full capabilities that's all...it will go away

I have often found that's new towers not configured properly give out more speed then they should. I get about 130mb on my wifi at home. So the phones can do it. I believe sprint has a speed limit set to 60mb which in general we never reach but if it's a new tower and the limits are not on yet then you maybe getting its full capabilities that's all...it will go away

Limit is ~80/16 based on the TDD configuration 3:2 they use. 

Unburdened sites with full backhaul easily reaches 70-80 mbps but since LTE devices are dominant and Spark phones adoption rates increasing every day along with the network prioritizing B41 offload means that most users top out 50-60 with only some very lucky ones getting higher. 

Just spent a few days in wellington/west palm area. Was also in boca and miami. The speeds down in florida make me want to move there. The weather would be a bonus. 

Only issue I had was poor signal in and around the Olympia in Wellington. There is 1 site that is still only 3G and its was incredible slow if it even let me do anything. Sometimes I would connect to a surrounding LTE tower with B26 but it was even slower and unreliable than 3G. This caused my battery to drain very quickly. Had charge my G2 at least twice every day.  Found myself keeping my phone on CDMA only mode when in the area to save battery.

B41 was amazing in West palm area. Last night at the airport I pulled 30 Mbps Down and 12 Up. The terminal was packed with many delayed flight, could only imagine faster speeds if it was empty. My fast speed test on my trip was 49 Mbps. When inside anywhere B26 was reliable but wouldn't break 12 Mbps. 

Even though B26 hasn't be optimized it was very reliable. 

B25/26 in Boca was amazing 12-18 Mbps

B41 in Miami was also very fast. Falling back on B25/26 was sub 10 Mbps

Markets like this really give me hope for sprint else where and made my trip a lot more convenient. 

EDIT: When I made a call in and around the olympia I would connect to 800SRM, and the singnal was strong. Give me hope for when the 3G tower broadcasts B25 and especially B26. But I still think that area needs another tower

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of coming to sprint because I herd about Spark and how good it is/supposed to be, and because my best friend works at sprint and he's telling me how good Spark is/supposed to be so he's trying to get me to come over bad to really help me out. But before I switch over I would like to know how good Spark is and if it's really living up to what Sprint claimes about it? And if it's worth switching over to? I live in the Miami/Palm Beach Florida market and I would like it if people in my market(if possible) and nation wide tell how the service is, please and thanks in advance!

Edited by Bigj0110

I have no complaints of service in Miami Dade county.

Are you constantly on Spark LTE? Or do you switch between Spark LTE and 3G? And is it fast or is it slow? Edited by Bigj0110

I'm always on spark and my service sucks. My speeds are all over the place. I think 2 or 3 times I have gotten speeds over 50mb but I'm lucky to get lte speeds of 20mb it's normally under 10mb also my phone never rings my texts don't work and my calls don't go through properly.

I'm always on spark and my service sucks. My speeds are all over the place. I think 2 or 3 times I have gotten speeds over 50mb but I'm lucky to get lte speeds of 20mb it's normally under 10mb also my phone never rings my texts don't work and my calls don't go through properly.

That's sounds like a phone issue instead of a network issue. Have you tested another device?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have had this problem since day one of changing to the note 4. So has 5 other people I know that live in with a block of me. 2 have changed service because of it. My tower is always down! Always!

I have had this problem since day one of changing to the note 4. So has 5 other people I know that live in with a block of me. 2 have changed service because of it. My tower is always down! Always!

Report it and if they don't fix it then leave. No use with using something that doesn't work or complaining about it when there are other options out there.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

Are you constantly on Spark LTE? Or do you switch between Spark LTE and 3G? And is it fast or is it slow?

I'm don't really notice if I'm on 3g. I have successfully completed hangout phone calls while driving so I can keep Waze running in the background. Most of the time I'm camped on band 41 outside and then band 26 inside places. Or normal band 25. I never had a thought of leaving. My phone history has been the evo series except the 3d then I got on the nexus 5 and now I'm on the nexus 6.
  • Like 1

Sadly I have reported it over and over since October of 2014 when I got my note 4. They keep telling me they will fix it and they are replacing the equipment with new equipment. So far Nothing has been done. Everytime they close a ticket in my area they open a new one a day later. It's been like this since October.

Sadly I have reported it over and over since October of 2014 when I got my note 4. They keep telling me they will fix it and they are replacing the equipment with new equipment. So far Nothing has been done. Everytime they close a ticket in my area they open a new one a day later. It's been like this since October.

Time for you to find another carrier then. 

I know i just hate switching. ... I'm on the phone with sprint now and they are saying my tower still has open tickets on it :-(

Demand they give you a ticket # and keep at it until they give you one. If they don't give you a ticket # then there's a high chance they never opened a ticket at all. 

Still it's probably best to find another carrier that works best for you.