Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Well ever since my spark upgrade almost 2 years ago my service has been trash... :-/

What is "spark upgrade"? If you mean you upgraded the device to support all bands, it does not mean your tower supports those bands.

Or, vice versa, your towers support it but your device does not.

You are probably misunderstanding what it all means.

Bottom line, you can't have one without the other, but once both are in place its quite a bit more powerful than whatever " 4G" you might have had in years past.

What device do you own? And if its a triband (spark device) phone can you install signal check and upload a screen shot so we have a better understanding why your service is subpar.

What is "spark upgrade"? If you mean you upgraded the device to support all bands, it does not mean your tower supports those bands.

Or, vice versa, your towers support it but your device does not.

You are probably misunderstanding what it all means.

Bottom line, you can't have one without the other, but once both are in place its quite a bit more powerful than whatever " 4G" you might have had in years past.

What device do you own? And if its a triband (spark device) phone can you install signal check and upload a screen shot so we have a better understanding why your service is subpar.

Edit: Was looking at the wrong post. Nothing to see here!

Sadly it can be congested I don't think they put enough room for the customers. 4G was better then lte spark...

Your comparison is way off.  WiMAX years ago to LTE now.  Two different time periods, two different situations.  Not as many users had smartphones, especially WiMAX smartphones, and there never was a WiMAX capable iPhone.

Today, LTE smartphones are the rule.  And people are using more "unlimited" data every year, too much "unlimited" data.  Times have changed.  If WiMAX were still Sprint's "4G" platform, it probably would be congested by now, too.

AJ

• Like 2

I have been with sprint for 11 years. 3g, wimax, 4G lte and now spark/network vision. When they went to 4g lte we had growing pains but they fixed it. Yes I went from a note 3 to a note 4 so I could use spark over a year ago pre order.

My bf already had a tri band phone as did my neighbors but until I got a tri band phone I didn't know the difference nor did I know changing my phone would make my service die. I now have every issue they had. The note 3 is not a tri band phone. My note 3 worked better faster and had no network, text or call issues. Since the day I changed my phone out to a note 4 I have wanted to shoot myself. All my services have been horrible.

I am connected to spark I'm in the wilton manors / fort Lauderdale area and all my services have issues. My next door neighbors changed all 3 phones to att from sprint due to all the service issues since they started the network vision project. I have found out if your phone is not tri band your service is great.

If you have a tri band phone and have sprint for the time being u mine as well toss your 740$ phone in the trash. On top of all this limiting the phones so you have no data while talking on the phone was a huge kick in the rear..... my bf and I both have sprint he just changed his iPhone 6 to a sg6 edge and still has horrible service and we live together so there's some issues here.

No matter the time of day I can't achieve spark speeds ever. Generally I can't get over 4mb down sometimes I get 10mb down. I used to get 26mb down on my note 3. 2 times I got 50 to 59mb down walking my dogs in the last 13 months.

Past that I'm lucky if my phone works :-/ WiFi I get 126mb down and 29 to 33mb up so I don't think it's my phone and sprint agrees with me since I have brought it in for testing many times.

On a side note I have that battery issue since the software update to my note 4. Besides clearing the cache or a hard rest does anyone have a fix for the battery drain issue on the note 4? It was great until lollipop update I don't want to hard rest my phone again :-/ tks

No matter the time of day I can't achieve spark speeds ever. Generally I can't get over 4mb down sometimes I get 10mb down. I used to get 26mb down on my note 3. 2 times I got 50 to 59mb down walking my dogs in the last 13 months.

Past that I'm lucky if my phone works :-/ WiFi I get 126mb down and 29 to 33mb up so I don't think it's my phone and sprint agrees with me since I have brought it in for testing many times.

On a side note I have that battery issue since the software update to my note 4. Besides clearing the cache or a hard rest does anyone have a fix for the battery drain issue on the note 4? It was great until lollipop update I don't want to hard rest my phone again :-/ tks

Note 3 is a single band device that is not capable of delivering over 37.5mbs a second, so when you did see 50mbs+ it was probably giving you a false positive. 

From the screenshot you posted, your on band 26 (which is mostly for coverage, and not speed) I can see you are at near the edge of service coverage. But regardless, if your getting between 4-10mbs, that is perfectly fine for almost everything!

Its hard to see a single band device like the note 3 achieving over 20mbs+ on Band 25 with that signal. But some users have been in situations where the phone prefers band 26 over band 25 and band 25 is less congested. 

The nice thing about having a triband device is that your not limited to just that single band, you can actually disable band 26 and most likely idle on band 25. Even though I don't recommend doing that, it can help speed things up for you in that one location.

But regardless, if your not happy with 4-10mbs, I think you need to move on to some other wireless carrier that will offer those speeds your looking for.

I don't know where you spend your time, but we get a lot of reports of high functioning Band 41 LTE around Miami that performs fast and well. And it spreads more and more every month. You are in a Nokia market, which started later.

But for the most part, you are getting Sprint's advertised LTE speeds. So you should probably change providers if you want something more. Also, Sprint LTE coverage is way, way greater than WiMax ever was in South Florida.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 3

Note 3 is a single band device that is not capable of delivering over 37.5mbs a second, so when you did see 50mbs+ it was probably giving you a false positive.

From the screenshot you posted, your on band 26 (which is mostly for coverage, and not speed) I can see you are at near the edge of service coverage. But regardless, if your getting between 4-10mbs, that is perfectly fine for almost everything!

Its hard to see a single band device like the note 3 achieving over 20mbs+ on Band 25 with that signal. But some users have been in situations where the phone prefers band 26 over band 25 and band 25 is less congested.

The nice thing about having a triband device is that your not limited to just that single band, you can actually disable band 26 and most likely idle on band 25. Even though I don't recommend doing that, it can help speed things up for you in that one location.

But regardless, if your not happy with 4-10mbs, I think you need to move on to some other wireless carrier that will offer those speeds your looking for.

When she said 50-59 two times in the last 13 months, she meant on her Note 4...not Note 3. I see where it can be misread tho.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I have been with sprint for 11 years. 3g, wimax, 4G lte and now spark/network vision. When they went to 4g lte we had growing pains but they fixed it. Yes I went from a note 3 to a note 4 so I could use spark over a year ago pre order.

My bf already had a tri band phone as did my neighbors but until I got a tri band phone I didn't know the difference nor did I know changing my phone would make my service die. I now have every issue they had. The note 3 is not a tri band phone. My note 3 worked better faster and had no network, text or call issues. Since the day I changed my phone out to a note 4 I have wanted to shoot myself. All my services have been horrible.

I am connected to spark I'm in the wilton manors / fort Lauderdale area and all my services have issues. My next door neighbors changed all 3 phones to att from sprint due to all the service issues since they started the network vision project. I have found out if your phone is not tri band your service is great.

If you have a tri band phone and have sprint for the time being u mine as well toss your 740$ phone in the trash. On top of all this limiting the phones so you have no data while talking on the phone was a huge kick in the rear..... my bf and I both have sprint he just changed his iPhone 6 to a sg6 edge and still has horrible service and we live together so there's some issues here.

There are many dead spots in the Fort Lauderdale metros area. I have sprint for close to a year and I'm not a heavy data user so I find it exceptable as long as my calls are getting through, and I have only experienced drop calls once or twice. I have a samsung s5 so my experience with data and band 41 has been very good. I have wifi at home and google maps work well even on 3g data.

You should have your note 4 checked. Or, switch carrier if you want a better experience now.

The highways in Fort Lauderdale/Miami are blanketed with wall to wall B41.  Can't complain about the experience on those if you have a triband device.  I can't say the same for the areas off the highway.. those were hit or miss.  There are also still plenty coverage gaps with the initial B26 rollout.  My guess is they haven't optimized much yet, possibly because so much b41 work is still being done.  South FL is definitely over saturated without B41 though..  Saw that very vividly on a couple towers near where I was staying that went live between a couple of my trips.  Speeds on B25/26 were sub 1mbps prior to b41 going live, and 6-10mbps after. 

• Like 3

The highways in Fort Lauderdale/Miami are blanketed with wall to wall B41.  Can't complain about the experience on those if you have a triband device.  I can't say the same for the areas off the highway.. those were hit or miss.  There are also still plenty coverage gaps with the initial B26 rollout.  My guess is they haven't optimized much yet, possibly because so much b41 work is still being done.  South FL is definitely over saturated without B41 though..  Saw that very vividly on a couple towers near where I was staying that went live between a couple of my trips.  Speeds on B25/26 were sub 1mbps prior to b41 going live, and 6-10mbps after. 

Crazy how much pressure b41 can relieve on the other two bands. 

• Like 1

It will only get better as more people move to tri band phones and more band 41 carriers and towers/small cells are added. sprint will be a beast of a carrier soonTM.

• Like 1

What I said was my note 3 was giving me 20 to 25 mb consistently. Since the upgrade to my note 4 I have gotten spark speeds 2 times of 50 and 59mb. I never said my note 3 gave me those speeds. I said my note 4 did. Sprint says you are suppose to get up to 60mb down with spark but what I have found is I'm getting no more then 4 to 10 mb down but many times it's under 1mb. I can't stream media without buffering then the media stopping until I connect to wifi. This started since they started the NV upgrades.

What I said was my note 3 was giving me 20 to 25 mb consistently. Since the upgrade to my note 4 I have gotten spark speeds 2 times of 50 and 59mb. I never said my note 3 gave me those speeds. I said my note 4 did. Sprint says you are suppose to get up to 60mb down with spark but what I have found is I'm getting no more then 4 to 10 mb down but many times it's under 1mb. I can't stream media without buffering then the media stopping until I connect to wifi. This started since they started the NV upgrades.

Sounds like you have it good then. [emoji6]

How are you determining what you are connected to? My experience in that area was like you are describing when connected to the lower capacity band 25/26s, but vastly different on the high capacity band 41. I would be very surprised if the high capacity band was that over saturated since July.

I live in North Andrews Gardens, which is not too far from the Wilton Manors area. It is very spotty in terms of data performance. In the area where I live, I am lucky to get 1-2 mbps at any given time. The closer i get to the commercial blvd and us1 intersection, the better it gets. I've seen it as high as 29mbps at the same intersection. It is definitely a lot better than a year ago in the same area. I actually am able to maintain B26 in most parts of my house. I think it will continue to get better.

• Like 1

I live in North Andrews Gardens, which is not too far from the Wilton Manors area. It is very spotty in terms of data performance. In the area where I live, I am lucky to get 1-2 mbps at any given time. The closer i get to the commercial blvd and us1 intersection, the better it gets. I've seen it as high as 29mbps at the same intersection. It is definitely a lot better than a year ago in the same area. I actually am able to maintain B26 in most parts of my house. I think it will continue to get better.

35e4c0c8eb0a9f0a07545931d84d5987.jpg

"spark" is nothing but a marketing term and a bad one at that IMO they used to have "spark turbo"also that made it even more confusing.  60mb is very optimistic without carrier aggregation, you would need a great signal on an unloaded tower to ever get that.  Spark as they call it is just marketing for band 41, chances are your note 4 is not connected to  band 41 while getting 4-10 mb, most likely weak band 25 or 26..... at any rate 4-10 will cover video (streaming at a reasonable quality 720P) web browsing, video calls, streaming music... the difference between 10 meg and 100 meg internet isn't noticeable for most cell phone tasks, web browsing is more related to ping time and the ability of your phone to render the page, same for facebook, snap chat and so on.  The only thing the "slow" connection is going to effect is 1080p or grater video and medium to large size downloads of apps and such.  Those things should be done over wifi whenever possible to help avoid unnecessary network congestion.  But if your unhappy with 4-10 and cant wait for more upgrades you should consider switching services to something that better suits your needs.    

• Like 3

It sounds to me that you are not actually connecting to Band 41 (often referred to as Spark). if you are not connected to B41, you will be on B25 or B26, both of which are likely heavily congested, and will not see speeds over 20Mbps very often. 

• Like 3